robin van persie (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
JoeMercer'sWay said:
Danamy said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
I don't think Van Persie is a better partner for Aguero than Tevez, and I don't think he'd sit on the bench which is the only place he'd belong in our squad.

If we're after Van Persie, then we have to sell Tevez, and we'll be weaker for it.

I see Aguero and RVP as a better partnership but that's just my opinion

Watch the games we won at the end of the season, Tevez/Aguero for the majority making it happen.

Will be the best partnership in the league next season imo.
They 'made it happen' against a very poor Norwich, West Brom (to an extent) and against......

JoeMercer'sWay said:
allan harper said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
Watch the games we won at the end of the season, Tevez/Aguero for the majority making it happen.

Other than the Norwich game I don't seem to remember them both doing much.

RVP n Aguero for me.

Tevez can fuck off to Milan and we get Cavani.

So RVP AND Cavani?!

who the fuck are you putting on the bench?

Going off the rumours Edin is going to Munich ?

rushts said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
Danamy said:

Yeah got to agree. That partnership is lethal.
You've seen them play have you? Aguero and Tevez are lethal.

Absolutely stupid move which would really annoy me more than any other transfer in City's history. Sale of SWP and Trevor Francis had economic reasons - this is a football risk, and would cause problems with Tevez and Aguero. This team has just won us the trophy, but let's rip it up for a player no better than what we have. Utd will love this

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Danamy said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
I don't think Van Persie is a better partner for Aguero than Tevez, and I don't think he'd sit on the bench which is the only place he'd belong in our squad.

If we're after Van Persie, then we have to sell Tevez, and we'll be weaker for it.

This for me ranks as one bizarre statement, you say end of season and you know why, coz one of your so called partners fucked off for six months of it. The other proposed partner had his best season ever in English football. Add RVP to our side for that six months and we would probably have gone further in all cup comps and wrapped the title up a lot sooner.
Get a grip ffs your argument is totally based on fuck all.

allan harper said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
allan harper said:
Other than the Norwich game I don't seem to remember them both doing much.

RVP n Aguero for me.

Tevez can fuck off to Milan and we get Cavani.

So RVP AND Cavani?!

who the fuck are you putting on the bench?

Going off the rumours Edin is going to Munich ?

so you say "hey Robin, hey Edinson, come sit on the bench for half the season"?

or do you expect Carlos to do the same, and Balo without getting pissed off.

It makes me laugh when people reflect on how that player performed against us last season and include it as a constructive response as to why a player should not move here.

At the end of the day it is about what the player could bring to the squad in a team full of superior talent and a superior amount of chances being created against the opposition.

I don't particularly want Van Persie as I don't believe he will accept rotation throughout the squad and his ego will need to be massaged which could cause unrest within a team which morale is excellent. He's a very talented player and scores goals for fun but the long-term effect may not be fully positive if it effects the performances of other key players negatively.

pudge said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
Danamy said:

They 'made it happen' against a very poor Norwich, West Brom (to an extent) and against......
Aguero plays with Tevez for Argentina and wants to play with him. They are perfect for each other.

i8rags said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
Danamy said:

This for me ranks as one bizarre statement, you say end of season and you know why, coz one of your so called partners fucked off for six months of it. The other proposed partner had his best season ever in English football. Add RVP to our side for that six months and we would probably have gone further in all cup comps and wrapped the title up a lot sooner.
Get a grip ffs your argument is totally based on fuck all.

my argument has more credit than any RVP argument.

You think Carlos is gonna fuck off again, I don't, he can't. He's played that card.

Marvin said:
pudge said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

Aguero plays with Tevez for Argentina and wants to play with him. They are perfect for each other.
Did Aguero tell you that?

Sergio was playing pretty damn well before Tevez finally noticed his bank account wasn't getting any bigger.

They are not 'perfect for each other', if you go by stats I'm pretty sure it's Edin and Sergio that are perfect for each other.

Van Persie is a decent player but lets be honest this is his last majot contract so he will demand top dollar to move his injury record is clear for all to sea and one decent season does not mean that will be the norm

He has 2 maybe 3 years at the very very top in the prem after that its only downwards - there is no resale no opportunity to recoup some of the monies we invested in him and no guarantee that he will slot straight in - on the contrary he is very very likely to take time to settle just about every player we have bought has took time to settle - Nasri being the most recent example but he has time on his side and we can always sell for decent monies

There are younger players out there that offer ourselves similar quality (some would say better) that we can buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.