robin van persie (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Premier League champions have registered their interest in the Dutch spearhead but are adamant they will not be held to ransom on the transfer fee.

VAN THE MAN

VAN PERSIE'S 2011-12 CLUB STATS

GAMES PLAYED
GOALS
ASSISTS
51(3)

Goal.com understands that City’s interest in Van Persie has cooled in recent weeks after learning that Arsenal would want more than £25m for the player, who turns 29 in August.

Once source close to the situation said: “The numbers do not add up for City. They are not willing to pay more than £15m on top of marquee wages.”

City are aware that it would take a package worth £200,000-a-week to take Van Persie to the Etihad Stadium, a sum they would be willing to sanction, but are keen to end the overspending on transfers and salaries that accompanied their rapid rise from mid-table club to champions.

Even if City are successful in off-loading fringe players such as Emmanuel Adebayor, Roque Santa Cruz, Wayne Bridge and Kolo Toure from the wage bill, with the latter trio being targeted by QPR as revealed by Goal.com on Sunday, they will not be pushed into paying over the odds for new signings.

Manager Roberto Mancini is ready to turn his attention to other centre-forward targets, including Napoli’s Edinson Cavani, if Arsenal refuse to budge on their valuation of the recently crowned PFA and Football Writers’ Association player of the year.

Van Persie, who is expected to go on a family holiday following the Netherlands' exit from Euro 2012, has refused to extend his Arsenal deal that expires in a year’s time in initial contract talks with senior officials.

Nevertheless, it is increasingly likely that the Gunners captain will be at the Emirates Stadium at the start of the new Premier League season on August 18.

The Londoners would rather let Van Persie leave for free next year than sell him for £15-20m in the summer transfer window.

It means, with Barcelona and Juventus making it clear that Van Persie is not a serious target, the options for the player have seriously narrowed.

I guess not many Huntelaar enthusiasts in this here parts, eh? No need for the insults if you disagree with me. Lets all just get along

Do you read anything into the fact that he kept pulling out of tackles with Holland.

Arsenal are prepared to sell him unlike last season with Nasri when they went on a panic buy on the final transfer day. Buying Podolski and Giroud has to be preparation for RvP leaving, although they did need strengthening up front as Bendtner, Gervinho & Chamakh are all not good enough for a Top 4 side.

I think if RvP had been injured (or gone on a dry spell) for a few weeks they'd have easily finished behind Spurs.

RVP would be a great addition, stop being ridiculous.

Him and Rooney are the best players in England.

bluemoondays said:
Arsenal are prepared to sell him unlike last season with Nasri when they went on a panic buy on the final transfer day. Buying Podolski and Giroud has to be preparation for RvP leaving, although they did need strengthening up front as Bendtner, Gervinho & Chamakh are all not good enough for a Top 4 side.

I think if RvP had been injured (or gone on a dry spell) for a few weeks they'd have easily finished behind Spurs.

I doubt Podolski will have more of an impact on the PL than Chamakh... Very mediocre in the Euros and seems to have lost quite a bit of pace.
I'm glad Arsenal bought him!

I am still of the opinion that yes we could agree fee and wages but does RVP want to come to City, dad thinks not his missus prefers London where kids settled. Until he is on his way for a medical I remain cautious over his signing for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.