robin van persie (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope not. if it happened, i could see the kind of scenario (if we get him) where we end up looking stupid when we sign 29 year old RVP for huge fee and huge wages. While 25 year old Giroud and 27 year old Podolski are huge hits for Arsenal and huge bargains. While RVP flops/isn't as good for us he was for Arsenal.

That said. We are overloaded with strikers and there is no sign any of them are even close to moving. Especially with Bayern signing that Croatian. So can't see it.

munster said:
Duncan Castles - freelance for Sunday Times - just tweeted in response to @garbosj (Ian McGarry) that Giroud knew of Arsenal's interest for months and that they would only sign him if RVP "refused contract extension".

Looks like the ball's well and truly rolling on this one now....

Maybe the whole 'Munich priced out of Dzeko' thing was just us playing hardball. Very sad but if this does come off with RVP, I can't see any way in hell Edin will stay.

southern muppet said:
munster said:
Duncan Castles - freelance for Sunday Times - just tweeted in response to @garbosj (Ian McGarry) that Giroud knew of Arsenal's interest for months and that they would only sign him if RVP "refused contract extension".

Maybe the whole 'Munich priced out of Dzeko' thing was just us playing hardball. Very sad but if this does come off with RVP, I can't see any way in hell Edin will stay.

Tevez is the more likely to go for me

flb said:
southern muppet said:
munster said:

Tevez is the more likely to go for me

Totally agree

richards30 said:
what the fuck is up with some of you???? turning your noses up at a class player like van persie?? can nobody trust a manager who has delivered us the premier league and fa cup in successive seasons? whatever players any of us fans want are irrelevant as its what bobby and the board want but will this stop any of you going to games or winding up the rags when we keep winning things?? come on people if bobby wants rvp then lets back him eh??

1. i have every faith in bob
2. i`ll only believe bob wants van persie when we get him or an official from city say`s we`re in for him
3. although he was on fire last season i have lingering doubts regarding his luck in avoiding injuries which will imo will because of his age (29) become more frequent
4. i never believe the media.
5. there are other players out there i would prefer. cavani, being the one i`d most like

richards30 said:
what the fuck is up with some of you???? turning your noses up at a class player like van persie?? can nobody trust a manager who has delivered us the premier league and fa cup in successive seasons? whatever players any of us fans want are irrelevant as its what bobby and the board want but will this stop any of you going to games or winding up the rags when we keep winning things?? come on people if bobby wants rvp then lets back him eh??
Assuming Mancini does want him here, are we supposed to suspend our own opinion as fans? If so, might as well scrap the message board

And in your ambition to see him here, aren't you turning your nose up at Dzeko, Mario or Tevez? Last season we operated with 2/3 strikers as (tevez missed 90% of the season and Balotelli missed a 25% through suspension). 5 will not work

r.soleofsalford said:
richards30 said:

1. i have every faith in bob
2. i`ll only believe bob wants van persie when we get him or an official from city say`s we`re in for him
3. although he was on fire last season i have lingering doubts regarding his luck in avoiding injuries which will imo will because of his age (29) become more frequent
4. i never believe the media.
5. there are other players out there i would prefer. cavani, being the one i`d most like

As stated before: VP's fantastic last season was a result of him being the numero uno guy at Arsenal, being the captain, playing every game (if he wanted to), pretty much having a sqaud who's style was design to suit him and seemingly free hands from Arséne to do what he wants on the pitch.
He'll have nothing of that here with us, and combined with his fragile nature I'll remain very sceptical of this particular signing, especially at the assumed cost.

Cavani is much better equipped to play our game, would cost a lot more but would be on considerably lower wages.

But before any striker comes, I sincerely hope at least one leaves.

Marvin said:
richards30 said:
Assuming Mancini does want him here, are we supposed to suspend our own opinion as fans? If so, might as well scrap the message board

And in your ambition to see him here, aren't you turning your nose up at Dzeko, Mario or Tevez? Last season we operated with 2/3 strikers as (tevez missed 90% of the season and Balotelli missed a 25% through suspension). 5 will not work

Bang on. Who of our current 4 makes way? I quite like them all if I'm honest. If it lead to the back of Tevez I would be less disappointed, but I thought the idea of getting his wages off the books was to free up funds for players we really need, not another even more expensive and older striker.

adrianr said:
Bang on. Who of our current 4 makes way?

You will find very few neutrals who think Tevez, Dzeko and Ballotelli are as good as RVP. There is not a team in the world that RVP would not be first choice for, either club or international as far as I can see.

A front two of Aguero and RVP has every chance of being the greatest pairing in Premiership history, and a very good chance of destroying Champions league teams. It may not work out, but if it does we wont be waiting till the last kick of the season before we are champions.

RVP is a candidate for worlds best striker, he isnt the worlds best but you could at least present a good argument. Could you seriously argue the same for Dzeko?

Marvin said:
richards30 said:

of course people have opinions mate and maybe it came out slightly wrong in what i was trying to say. tevez as danamy and i`m sure tolm said is if the deal is right a goner! i`m sure it was dan that said kia is hawking carlos round europe and tolm said its carols dream to go to real and a deal including sahin have been talked about. maybe if edin goes then we might get cavani AND rvp?? just it seems like sometimes all of us talk like spolit children and its all want want want! i`d also not had my caffeine hit when i wrote that!! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.