robin van persie (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: robin van persie

dbs25 said:
It's hard to see how the current attack could be improved without signing a really top player e.g. Messi, Ronaldo, Robben. Defensively a player like Thiago Silva, and M'Vila & Martinez for midfield is the only realistic way the squad could be improved.

So,in your opinion,RVP is not a really top player?

FantasyIreland said:
dbs25 said:
It's hard to see how the current attack could be improved without signing a really top player e.g. Messi, Ronaldo, Robben. Defensively a player like Thiago Silva, and M'Vila & Martinez for midfield is the only realistic way the squad could be improved.

So,in your opinion,RVP is not a really top player?
He is a world class player, but I would still place him below the attackers I listed. How much of an improvement would he be over Tevez & Aguero? I'd say probably not an improvement on Aguero and maybe only slightly better than Tevez.

Marvin said:
richards30 said:
How seriously can people not want rvp at city??? He's fantastic!! If he scores over 30 goals for the arse think that he would do in our team??
He is fantastic, but I prefer Aguero, and his best partner would be Tevez.

At Arsenal, RVP was their spearhead and focal point. If City signed, he would not be.

Find it a bit worrying that we are thinking if tinkering with the very best aspect of our team which is the forward play. Hazard was a dumb deal, and I'm glad that fell through. Hopefully this will too.

If someone like Robben became available, I'd go for them, or martinez, but not a centre-forward. We already have the best forward line in Europe so why spend Millions putting FFP at risk in an area where we don't need it

Last season we were top scorers, and we missed Tevez for nearly the whole season, and it was Agueros first season. There's significant improvement to come.

We'd be much better off looking at strengthening the full back or centre-back positions. That's where we could improve. And if a star player becomes available we should look at it, but only if they are better than what we have. I don't see RVP as better than Aguero, or Tevez. Maybe better than Dzeko or Mario, but they are useful in that they are different to Aguero and Tevez
A more intelligent synopsis on our squad has never been written. Kudos Marvin. The idea of tinkering with our forward line beffuddles me. I don't care who is available, so long as none of our strikers want out, I really don't care. Only Messi and Ronaldo could change my mind on that. Frankly put, our strike force (all four) are in the 1st and 2nd tiers of the very top. No other team in the world has 4 strikers in the top 30 strikers in the world. Frankly we need not fiddle with that position.

In Midfield, we can improve some. On defense, we can improve some. We really can't at striker. Aguero, Tevez, Balotelli, Dzeko, really is too good to be honest. We can improve on getting them the ball, sure. And in some years other strikers from other teams will have better years than ours. But overall, we have 4 immensely talented strikers. Tevez and Aguero are both in the top 10 in the world. Dzeko is Serbia's best, and Balotelli is Italy's best. You really will struggle to find a better collection anywhere in the world.

14uum3t.jpg
Seriously Serbia? dax

daxman said:
Dzeko is Serbia's best

lol, Bosnian mate..you do realize they were once at war with each other, and are probably still sworn enemies?
Hope the Bosnian fans on here don't see this, they'd explode :)

I work in London with a die-hard Gooner and someone with his ear close to the ground at the Emirates/London Colney.

His view on Gazidis's statement is that they have failed to reach a deal with RVP who is leaving for another club. If he were commmitting to Arsenal then they would have announced something. Arsenal are protecting him from any adverse publicity ahead of the Euros by saying "no comment" at the mo.

Interestingly though the suitors appear to be us and Juve.

I recall Duncan Castles in The Sunday Times ran a story that City had agreed in principle terms with RVP's people in March.

Interesting.

daxman said:
A more intelligent synopsis on our squad has never been written. Kudos Marvin. The idea of tinkering with our forward line beffuddles me. I don't care who is available, so long as none of our strikers want out, I really don't care. Only Messi and Ronaldo could change my mind on that. Frankly put, our strike force (all four) are in the 1st and 2nd tiers of the very top. No other team in the world has 4 strikers in the top 30 strikers in the world. Frankly we need not fiddle with that position.

In Midfield, we can improve some. On defense, we can improve some. We really can't at striker. Aguero, Tevez, Balotelli, Dzeko, really is too good to be honest. We can improve on getting them the ball, sure. And in some years other strikers from other teams will have better years than ours. But overall, we have 4 immensely talented strikers. Tevez and Aguero are both in the top 10 in the world. Dzeko is Serbia's best, and Balotelli is Italy's best. You really will struggle to find a better collection anywhere in the world.

img-thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.