robin van persie (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
jlc09 said:
15m would mean we are getting robbed.

Would expect it to be more in the 20-25m range, Juventus are obviously having a laugh and won't be getting near him for 12m.

My gut feeling is that he will sign a new deal but won't be here for more than one/two more seasons max.

You not think he'd of done that already? I think he's off but where is a mystery. I think you need to get out of dream land though if you think you'll get more than £15-20m max for the player, hes only got 12 months left on his contract and is 28! buy that method we should get £60-70m for Tevez but it wont happen, it'd be £20m max and if we're being realistic thats a good deal.

jlc09 said:

Would expect it to be more in the 20-25m range, Juventus are obviously having a laugh and won't be getting near him for 12m.

My gut feeling is that he will sign a new deal but won't be here for more than one/two more seasons max.

But Juve and PSG can hold on for a couple of month's and pick him up for free in January..

Arsenal have the worst hand at the table right now, every club can offer more than Arsenal. Signing a new deal is a pipe dream imo, he is 29 in Aug so ant deal will be him seeing out his playing days... the top teams wont be offering him decent deals at 32 -33

jlc09 said:

No chance.

If he signs on now he gets his £5million and £130k, if he moves he will get £180k+, over 2 years that's the £5million signing on fee exceeded.

If he signs on with Arsenal he makes himself a difficult transfer as he will be older and more expensive. He either moves on or stays, he wont stay and then move. No logic for that as he screws up his retirement fund and rules himself out of most clubs transfer policies.

How many fucking times will Arsenal be stupid?

*Henry was wanted by Barca for £35million, Arsene kept him for another year when he was injured and later sold for £15million, a £20million loss.
*Flamini ran his contract down and left on a free.
*Nasri ran contract down and forced through a move.
*Clichy same as above.
*RvP doing same.
*Walcott doing same.

Now how many times must a mistake be made before sense is seen? Jesus fucking wept!!!

Why would Tevez cost 60-70m? You mean because he has a longer contract I'm guessing. Tevez is a dodgy case though, with him being a whiny woman and liable to fuck off mid-season.

I'd say it's 55:45 in favour of Robin staying mainly because of the clubs reportedly interested i.e not elite like Madrid or Barcelona. Going to Serie A would be nuts and I'm 100% sure he definitely will not do that.<br /><br />-- Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:56 pm --<br /><br />
sniff said:
But Juve and PSG can hold on for a couple of month's and pick him up for free in January..

Arsenal have the worst hand at the table right now, every club can offer more than Arsenal. Signing a new deal is a pipe dream imo, he is 29 in Aug so ant deal will be him seeing out his playing days... the top teams wont be offering him decent deals at 32 -33

Would be pretty stupid to go through the season with him running down his contract, sign up or sell. There have been cases of players signing in mid-season but it's a massive risk.

I honestly dont think the likes of Juve or PSG excite RVP in the slightest. He'd earn a ton to play in a mediocre league like Ligue 1, to win French leagues, not a chance.

jlc09 said:
Why would Tevez cost 60-70m? You mean because he has a longer contract I'm guessing. Tevez is a dodgy case though, with him being a whiny woman and liable to fuck off mid-season.

I'd say it's 55:45 in favour of Robin staying mainly because of the clubs reportedly interested i.e not elite like Madrid or Barcelona. Going to Serie A would be nuts and I'm 100% sure he definitely will not do that.

-- Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:56 pm --

sniff said:

Would be pretty stupid to go through the season with him running down his contract, sign up or sell. There have been cases of players signing in mid-season but it's a massive risk.

I honestly dont think the likes of Juve or PSG excite RVP in the slightest. He'd earn a ton to play in a mediocre league like Ligue 1, to win French leagues, not a chance.

His family are happy in England and he has watched 2 team-mates come here and achieve success instantly. He will come here, I'm sure of it.

jlc09 said:

I'd say it's 55:45 in favour of Robin staying mainly because of the clubs reportedly interested i.e not elite like Madrid or Barcelona. Going to Serie A would be nuts and I'm 100% sure he definitely will not do that.

sniff said:

Winning a French leauge and having an amazing side to go in the CL, that appeals far more to me than the current Arsenal situation... stay in the top four at all costs !!! 100% they are not going out with a chance of winning the leauge...,

In regards to the Italian Leauge, that sounds very arrogant.. Juve, AC, Inter... all way above Arsenal in the pecking order of top european sides.

The premier leauge is the place to be, but what have Arsenal got to offer him that the other clubs havent ? less money, very outside chance of winning a major trohpy ?

NipHolmes said:
How many fucking times will Arsenal be stupid?

*Henry was wanted by Barca for £35million, Arsene kept him for another year when he was injured and later sold for £15million, a £20million loss.
*Flamini ran his contract down and left on a free.
*Nasri ran contract down and forced through a move.
*Clichy same as above.
*RvP doing same.
*Walcott doing same.

Now how many times must a mistake be made before sense is seen? Jesus fucking wept!!!

Mistakes have been made but Henry's case has no real resemblance to the others. In certain cases the players have alot of power and want to keep their options open.

Flamini's a funny one though, he forced a move to come to Arsenal so not really surprising. Same with Nasri at Marseille. Flamini was a mere squad player, looked totally average and has been shown to be just that throughout his career. With one year left, he wanted a new deal but the club werent sure he deserved it as he'd done nothing really(bar playing left back in our CL final run 06). We were fine with him leaving then and so was he but only offers coming were teams like Birmingham. So he stayed, had a very good season alongside Fabregas and Hleb in 08, the only year we've looked like title contenders since we went unbeaten. Contract talks began in mid-season as Flamini looked to be developing but he suddenly realised his stock was going up and he'd have offers abroad for big money based on his half a season's good work. Goes to Milan, does nothing, released recently. Another flop who thought the grass was greener.

sniff said:
jlc09 said:

sniff said:

Winning a French leauge and having an amazing side to go in the CL, that appeals far more to me than the current Arsenal situation... stay in the top four at all costs !!! 100% they are not going out with a chance of winning the leauge...,

In regards to the Italian Leauge, that sounds very arrogant.. Juve, AC, Inter... all way above Arsenal in the pecking order of top european sides.

The premier leauge is the place to be, but what have Arsenal got to offer him that the other clubs havent ? less money, very outside chance of winning a major trohpy ?

I laughed at that too.

Arsenal were knocked out by AC who finished below winner Juventus who won teh league unbeaten, the same feat Arsenal fans gloat about even now.

Juventus have better players right the way through the team than Arsenal and are double winners I believe. A team that has a good chance at winning the CL imo, at least better chance than Arsenal.

Also a beautiful place to live and wages that will dwarf Arsenals. Still he can stick around and celebrate achieveing 3rd place whilst his team-mates lift the trophy.

sniff said:

French league is a joke, he won't even entertain the idea I guarantee you. They lost to fucking Montpellier last season in the title race, he might as well go back to Holland and win some leagues.

Juve and AC have great pedigree but I'm convinced he doesnt want anywhere near that Corrupt league.

jlc09 said:

sniff said:

You are seriously underestimating Juve's quality. Better Goalkeeper and defence than Arsenal, better midfield, all they need is a top striker, hmm I wonder. You do realise that Juve just went a league season unbeaten, who else did that and have been proclaimed the PL's best ever side?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.