robin van persie (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
NipHolmes said:
Nasri should be, his first season matched Silva's. Integrating into a team is hard, you should know look at Gervinho.

He is also the proud owner of a EPL medal.

Gervinho is average and came from the French League.

My question was whether Nasri was happy with his own displays, has he pushed on himself?

The answer is no regardless of whether you won the title or now. Loads of players have PL medals while underperforming. See Man United for further examples.

jlc09 said:
NipHolmes said:
Nasri should be, his first season matched Silva's. Integrating into a team is hard, you should know look at Gervinho.

My question was whether Nasri was happy with his own displays, has he pushed on himself?

The answer is no regardless of whether you won the title or now. Loads of players have PL medals while underperforming. See Man United for further examples.

Nasri's general form for the most part was average. He came into some form toward the end. He did however, stand up when he was needed in some big games. A couple of his goals and assists were crucial.

jlc09 said:
NipHolmes said:

Gervinho was bought as a player with promise.

Nasri was settling in. Silva was the same. Nasri will be happy because he won us games like Chelsea that meant we won the league.

No matter which way you cut this he will be happy.

Kun Aguero said:
Nobody is knocking Clichy for leaving, he's a decent lad, nothing great but gets on with his job.

Better than Santos and Gibbs.

And worse than any left-backs worth their salt.

He was riding the pine behind Kolarov at one point, as I said, decent lad and on his day a good player. You learn to accept that he has brain freezes and makes dumb errors.

Our left-backs have gradually declined from Cole >> Clichy >> Gibbs and chubby Santos.

-- Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:39 pm --

NipHolmes said:

Nasri was settling in. Silva was the same. Nasri will be happy because he won us games like Chelsea that meant we won the league.

He wouldn't have been happy if Mancini got his wish and signed Hazard as that would be him bumped on his arse.

Nasri is talented but to me he's a player who never reaches his true level for a number of reasons which I wont go into now. I could break down his game and I bet you'd agree with what I'm saying about him, I havent been on here long but I bet you had numerous threads mid-season complaining about his displays.

Anyway, won't derail RVP's thread any more - papers are saying that we should know more this week, I doubt he will be going into the season(or at worst the end of the transfer window) without signing anything. If he doesnt sign we almost have to sell. Wenger was keen to keep Nasri last year and let him run his deal down, but the board overruled him as 25m is alot of money for a player of Nasri's calibre.

where do Arsenal fans still get off on the fact that Clichy isn't great? For 7m he was probably one of, if not the best buy in the league last season, utter delusion to think otherwise i'm afraid, it's getting boring now

SiWatts90 said:
where do Arsenal fans still get off on the fact that Clichy isn't great? For 7m he was probably one of, if not the best buy in the league last season, utter delusion to think otherwise i'm afraid, it's getting boring now

He's a pretty good player, 7m was fair price for a player with Prem experience.

jlc09 said:
Kun Aguero said:
Nobody is knocking Clichy for leaving, he's a decent lad, nothing great but gets on with his job.

Better than Santos and Gibbs.

And worse than any left-backs worth their salt.

He was riding the pine behind Kolarov at one point, as I said, decent lad and on his day a good player. You learn to accept that he has brain freezes and makes dumb errors.

Our left-backs have gradually declined from Cole >> Clichy >> Gibbs and chubby Santos
Such insightful analysis there in bold. No, I think throughout his time at Arsenal he was crying out for a coach who could coach defenders well. He comes to City, he gets that as well as playing with much better players and he develops into a very good player, very simple when you think about it eh? Oh and you'll do well to find many left-backs better than Cole post 2002

The fact that he's twice the player Kolarov is, who we want around 15m for, would tell me he was a steal, the very few times i've seen him lose concentration, his speed has made up for it! Do you think playing in a decent defence might have something to do with things?

jlc09 said:
NipHolmes said:

He wouldn't have been happy if Mancini got his wish and signed Hazard as that would be him bumped on his arse.

Nasri is talented but to me he's a player who never reaches his true level for a number of reasons which I wont go into now. I could break down his game and I bet you'd agree with what I'm saying about him, I havent been on here long but I bet you had numerous threads mid-season complaining about his displays.

Anyway, won't derail RVP's thread any more - papers are saying that we should know more this week, I doubt he will be going into the season(or at worst the end of the transfer window) without signing anything. If he doesnt sign we almost have to sell. Wenger was keen to keep Nasri last year and let him run his deal down, but the board overruled him as 25m is alot of money for a player of Nasri's calibre.
No, please do, explain as your analysis and views thus far have been so arrogant that I wish read more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.