robin van persie (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
jlc09 said:
NipHolmes said:
How many fucking times will Arsenal be stupid?

*Henry was wanted by Barca for £35million, Arsene kept him for another year when he was injured and later sold for £15million, a £20million loss.
*Flamini ran his contract down and left on a free.
*Nasri ran contract down and forced through a move.
*Clichy same as above.
*RvP doing same.
*Walcott doing same.

Now how many times must a mistake be made before sense is seen? Jesus fucking wept!!!

Mistakes have been made but Henry's case has no real resemblance to the others. In certain cases the players have alot of power and want to keep their options open.

Flamini's a funny one though, he forced a move to come to Arsenal so not really surprising. Same with Nasri at Marseille. Flamini was a mere squad player, looked totally average and has been shown to be just that throughout his career. With one year left, he wanted a new deal but the club werent sure he deserved it as he'd done nothing really(bar playing left back in our CL final run 06). We were fine with him leaving then and so was he but only offers coming were teams like Birmingham. So he stayed, had a very good season alongside Fabregas and Hleb in 08, the only year we've looked like title contenders since we went unbeaten. Contract talks began in mid-season as Flamini looked to be developing but he suddenly realised his stock was going up and he'd have offers abroad for big money based on his half a season's good work. Goes to Milan, does nothing, released recently. Another flop who thought the grass was greener.

hmmm, funny you didn't mention anything about Nasri and Clichy who believed the grass IS greener on the other side.

Joehannes said:
You are seriously underestimating Juve's quality. Better Goalkeeper and defence than Arsenal, better midfield, all they need is a top striker, hmm I wonder. You do realise that Juve just went a league season unbeaten, who else did that and have been proclaimed the PL's best ever side?

i'm not underestimating Juve's quality, there is more to this decision than winning a league title or two for RVP and I'm convinced he will only consider England and La Liga. They had a great year last season, although will be harder this time with European football to juggle and more matches.

Our Invincibles were alot better than Juve's btw!!

jlc09 said:
sniff said:
Winning a French leauge and having an amazing side to go in the CL, that appeals far more to me than the current Arsenal situation... stay in the top four at all costs !!! 100% they are not going out with a chance of winning the leauge...,

In regards to the Italian Leauge, that sounds very arrogant.. Juve, AC, Inter... all way above Arsenal in the pecking order of top european sides.

The premier leauge is the place to be, but what have Arsenal got to offer him that the other clubs havent ? less money, very outside chance of winning a major trohpy ?

French league is a joke, he won't even entertain the idea I guarantee you. They lost to fucking Montpellier last season in the title race, he might as well go back to Holland and win some leagues.

Juve and AC have great pedigree but I'm convinced he doesnt want anywhere near that Corrupt league.

Well other top players have chosen that leauge over Spain Italy and England.. so id suggest you are doing them a disservice.

You are speculating in regards to Italy though, its still regarded as a to leauge and they will still pay top wages. Winning a leauge with Juve, Inter or AC is every bit as big as winning something in England.. in the case of Juve they are a fantastic side with a great chance of another title and CL push.

At this point i dont think its about Money, because he could get that anywhere, even Arsenal i reckon... I think it's 100% about winning things and the lack of ambition that has stunted Arsenal has forced his hand.

Money is great, but when you look back,but would you rather be shearer with lots of cash and nothing to show how good he was !!!

jlc09 said:
NipHolmes said:
How many fucking times will Arsenal be stupid?

*Henry was wanted by Barca for £35million, Arsene kept him for another year when he was injured and later sold for £15million, a £20million loss.
*Flamini ran his contract down and left on a free.
*Nasri ran contract down and forced through a move.
*Clichy same as above.
*RvP doing same.
*Walcott doing same.

Now how many times must a mistake be made before sense is seen? Jesus fucking wept!!!

Mistakes have been made but Henry's case has no real resemblance to the others. In certain cases the players have alot of power and want to keep their options open.

Flamini's a funny one though, he forced a move to come to Arsenal so not really surprising. Same with Nasri at Marseille. Flamini was a mere squad player, looked totally average and has been shown to be just that throughout his career. With one year left, he wanted a new deal but the club werent sure he deserved it as he'd done nothing really(bar playing left back in our CL final run 06). We were fine with him leaving then and so was he but only offers coming were teams like Birmingham. So he stayed, had a very good season alongside Fabregas and Hleb in 08, the only year we've looked like title contenders since we went unbeaten. Contract talks began in mid-season as Flamini looked to be developing but he suddenly realised his stock was going up and he'd have offers abroad for big money based on his half a season's good work. Goes to Milan, does nothing, released recently. Another flop who thought the grass was greener.

You lost £20million on it though, the same figure you must achieve in profit every year, apparently.

Flamini re-signed with AC I believe.

Flops who think the grass is greener can only believe that they made the wrong move if you actually win something though which proves their move was unwarranted. If they leave and you don't win the your grass isn't greener! I often get wound up by this statement that is frequently made by your supporters. How can you knock Nasri for leaving when he's won something, as has Clichy and Cole etc.

Why do you resent people from signing players you bought? It's not like you had them since academy. And that's another thing, Arsenal scour Europe for youth and poach them and then get all precious when teams go for their players. Wengers latest rant about people undoing his work is hilarious, what about the Franch teams that he buys from? Hypocrisy at the highest level.

RVP wants Arsenal to replace Fabregas and Nasri. Signings like Gotze, MVila and others that are rumoured would do well for the cause. Instead Arsenal fans will say the club is bigger than the player but if you digest RVP's point he makes sense from a fans P.O.V. He wants the best for your club and that would be quality acquistions. Instead he will be sold and fans will curse his name. Laughable.

ecviper said:
hmmm, funny you didn't mention anything about Nasri and Clichy who believed the grass IS greener on the other side.

Yes City are in better position to win trophies given the hundreds of million investment, not exactly rocket science.

I wonder is Nasri happy with his own displays though? He shouldn't be.

Compare Juventus team to Arsenal and the statement that he's not interested in a move there is hilarious it really is.

Their new stadium actually has atmosphere and passionate fans.

They have history that rivals any of the giants in football. They have had greats play for them. Where did Viera go again?

jlc09 said:
ecviper said:

Yes City are in better position to win trophies given the hundreds of million investment, not exactly rocket science.

hasn't done a bad job for a new club within a new team personally and has a premiership winners medal to boot in only his first season!

cant argue with that..

jlc09 said:
ecviper said:

Nasri should be, his first season matched Silva's. Integrating into a team is hard, you should know look at Gervinho.

He is also the proud owner of a EPL medal.

NipHolmes said:
You lost £20million on it though, the same figure you must achieve in profit every year, apparently.

Flops who think the grass is greener can only believe that they made the wrong move if you actually win something though which proves their move was unwarranted. If they leave and you don't win the your grass isn't greener! I often get wound up by this statement that is frequently made by your supporters. How can you knock Nasri for leaving when he's won something, as has Clichy and Cole etc.

Why do you resent people from signing players you bought? It's not like you had them since academy. And that's another thing, Arsenal scour Europe for youth and poach them and then get all precious when teams go for their players. Wengers latest rant about people undoing his work is hilarious, what about the Franch teams that he buys from? Hypocrisy at the highest level.

RVP wants Arsenal to replace Fabregas and Nasri. Signings like Gotze, MVila and others that are rumoured would do well for the cause. Instead Arsenal fans will say the club is bigger than the player but if you digest RVP's point he makes sense from a fans P.O.V. He wants the best for your club and that would be quality acquistions. Instead he will be sold and fans will curse his name. Laughable.

We kept Henry at the time as top clubs try to do and then sold him when he was declining after an injury-riddled season for 16m.....which was 50% more than what we paid for him 8 years before and got world class service. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but it's a bollocks example tbf and bears no resemblance to the others.

I want us to buy top players too and replace Fabregas etc. RVP's name wont be cursed.

Nobody is knocking Clichy for leaving, he's a decent lad, nothing great but gets on with his job. Bit stupid at times but gave us decent service. Was never gonna live up to Ashley Cole's name.

Cole talked to Chelsea behind our back, hence the bad blood on that one.<br /><br />-- Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:37 pm --<br /><br />
NipHolmes said:
Compare Juventus team to Arsenal and the statement that he's not interested in a move there is hilarious it really is.

They have history that rivals any of the giants in football. They have had greats play for them. Where did Viera go again?

Only thing left to see is if he does actually go to Italy then. I suspect he won't.

jlc09 said:
NipHolmes said:

We kept Henry at the time as top clubs try to do and then sold him when he was declining after an injury-riddled season for 16m.....which was 50% more than what we paid for him 8 years before and got world class service. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but it's a bollocks example tbf and bears no resemblance to the others.

I want us to buy top players too and replace Fabregas etc. RVP's name wont be cursed.

Nobody is knocking Clichy for leaving, he's a decent lad, nothing great but gets on with his job. Bit stupid at times but gave us decent service. Was never gonna live up to Ashley Cole's name.

Cole talked to Chelsea behind our back, hence the bad blood on that one.

I guarantee RVP will be cursed if he comes here. I hope you stick around to pat me on the back too.

Henry wasn't a hindsight example pal, you could see his motivation wasn't the same and he wasn't the same. £35million is massive money, especially then. Instead you kept him and lost.

If you were offered £16mill and kept him and he did well and you got £35mill you'd say good business so the opposite is bad business. IMO anyway.

I said the same about Gerrard at LFC. They should have sold for £30mill when instead he lost pace and injured.

If you have a player that gets close to 30 and your offered good money then the percentages say take it.

My Henry statement was solely because it was a large amount of money. The others are my main point btw.

Right now you have RVP, Theo and Arshavin all running contracts down, the latter isn't a problem but the first 2 are as they are first teamers. Yet again Arsenal fuck up and yet again the finger will be pointed elsewhere by fans.<br /><br />-- Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:41 pm --<br /><br />
jlc09 said:
NipHolmes said:

Cole talked to Chelsea behind our back, hence the bad blood on that one.

-- Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:37 pm --

NipHolmes said:

Only thing left to see is if he does actually go to Italy then. I suspect he won't.

He won't because he will come here if we offer for him. I personally would be happy letting him stay with you until next year when we would snap him up for free. If we are paying a fee i'd sooner the money go towards Cavani.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.