robin van persie (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
NipHolmes said:
B3nStr0ng said:
NipHolmes said:
I personally think his views are faulted and easy pickings.

Clichy was the best LB in the prem outside of Cole. Imo he edged it but overall Cole is better, I have yet to see Ronaldo or Messi have a good game against him.

His views on Nasri are bitter imo. The criticisms of Nasri are that he holds for too long and looks to pass instead of shoot. These are small things as his quality prevails. I think the 20mi for his calibre is laughable too. United and Chelsea both wanted him and he's one of France' best players.

You know when your a kid and your nasty to the girl that doesn't fancy you but you adore her. This is how I see Arsenal fans. His comment of Juventus and the Italian league topped off what I thought was a naive, ignorant, arrogant and misguided view.

Let's not forget the invincibles won the league, Juventus did that and won a cup too. Still he commented his invincibles were better. If they were so good why did they come second the year after?

I did say I didn't agree with his views Nip, I was just commending the fella for not turning it into a slanging match and getting his opinion over. Granted, some of the posts may sometimes come over a bit sore loser ish, but to be fair to the lad he replys and sticks to his guns regarding his opinion. That's what I enjoy reading and why I come onto BLuemoon, how people perceive the same subject from a totally different direction.

On that basis I agree. I completely disagree with his point though. He's obviously a level headed and mature person hence he doesn't get personal with digs and he speaks sense but I can't have any Arsenal fan knock Nasri whilst they have Ramsey, Rosiscky, Arshavin, Gervinho and Walcott all doing fuck all. RVP and Song carried that team and Vermalen the defence when he came back.

Nasri is bedding in and I hope to see improvement next year but by all means I am happy with him.

Completely agree mate

Ey up, which of you have been splashing the cash then?
<a class="postlink" href="http://news.ladbrokes.com/en-gb/football/premier-league/money-coming-for-van-persie-quitting-arsenal-for-man-city_110086.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://news.ladbrokes.com/en-gb/footbal ... 10086.html</a>

Money coming for Van Persie quitting Arsenal for Man City

Several four-figure bets have been placed on Robin Van Persie signing for the champions
Arsene Wenger may have vowed that Arsenal must do all that is humanly possible to keep Robin Van Persie at the club, but there is a growing belief that he will leave the Emirates for Manchester City.
It is 5/2 that Van Persie decides against signing an extension on his present Arsenal contract that expires next summer and instead moves to the reigning Premier League champions.
And punters are taking full advantage of the price, with several four-figure bets already placed on Van Persie ending up at Manchester City this season.
Van Persie’s contract negotiations have been in the headlines since the end of the last season, but the latest round of talks were interrupted by the striker having to head off to Euro 2012 with Holland.
He is now back and Wenger remains hopeful that the loyalty he has shown to Van Persie in the past through some more difficult times will be remembered.
Meanwhile, it is also hoped that the recent signings of Lukas Podolski and Olivier Giroud will go some way into convincing Van Persie that Arsenal do have ambitions to challenge for the Premier League title and not simply battle for a top-four spot.
If Van Persie does decide his future lies elsewhere, there is unlikely to be a shortage of options for his signature, as he may be available for a sum below market value given that Arsenal could lose him on a free next summer.
Juventus have already chanced their arm unsuccessfully with a cheeky £8m bid, but they would surely be prepared to up this if they thought it would be accepted.
The Italian champions are 8/1 to sign Van Persie before the end of the summer transfer window, with Barcelona never one to shy away from a bargain at 6/1.

Monkfish said:
He had nowhere near as good a season as Yaya or Silva, in fact of all our 'first team' midfielders would probably rank near the bottom way below Yaya, Silva, Barry etc

Certainly up until the last few months of the season his purchase was being regularly questioned by the leaders on this site

Big season for him coming up, he's had time to adjust to our play and we do need a more consistent level of performance from him

Most level headed post I've seen on Nasri really. Actually thought Barry had a far better season than him, and is one of your most underrated yet consistent players. Not a 9/10 player but consistent 7/10, bit like Arteta for us or maybe Carrick at United.

jlc09 said:
Monkfish said:
He had nowhere near as good a season as Yaya or Silva, in fact of all our 'first team' midfielders would probably rank near the bottom way below Yaya, Silva, Barry etc

Certainly up until the last few months of the season his purchase was being regularly questioned by the leaders on this site

Big season for him coming up, he's had time to adjust to our play and we do need a more consistent level of performance from him

Most level headed post I've seen on Nasri really. Actually thought Barry had a far better season than him, and is one of your most underrated yet consistent players. Not a 9/10 player but consistent 7/10, bit like Arteta for us or maybe Carrick at United.
Nasri had more assists last season than he did in his entire Arsenal career

It is dependant on his personality as to what choice he makes.

He could renew his contract with Arsenal and enhance his status as a club legend like Alan Shearer chose to do at Newcastle United, declining to sign for the scum on several occasions.

If he simply wishes to win medals and lift trophies then he should choose to join us. He will reach an adequate financial arrangement in return for consistent displays and him contributing to our success.

I have reservations with regards to his ability to maintain his physical health and the club must ensure that there are no concerns during the medical which highlights the potential for him not be to able to do so otherwise he is not a worthwhile investment.

Arsenal have sold several key players to us and also sold Fabregas to Barcelona. If Robin Van Persie were to leave then this would simply further send out a clear message to the supporters that they are a selling club and repayment of the purchasing of the stadium takes priority above investment of the playing staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.