robin van persie (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll leave the Nasri thing for now, but I'll say I'm surprised that people are content with how he performed. I'd say deep down you were expecting more and might get it next season, the talent is there but from experience Nasri's displays dont match his talent enough for me. But you're fine as Silva is the main playmaker, Nasri kind of a secondary player supporting him rather than being massively relied upon and I think that suits him best. We had the same with Fabregas central AM, Nasri supporting from wide and also making runs into the box as he can finish. France had him as the main man and ended up complaining about his style of play in the Euro's.

As for Juve, I'm saying I think Serie A is a second rate league now with all the match-fixing etc. Plus I dont see many elite foreigners heading there these days - Zlatan loves it, Silva has been at Milan since his younger days. Not loads now. Juve have a very good side, did well last year, but I dont rate them as high as our unbeaten team who played better football, and also competed in Europe which adds more strain over a season.

I think RVP wants England or La Liga and good attacking sides. Style of play is important to him, he'll get a good wage whereever he goes but IMO it's a secondary issue.

my opinion on arsenal fans was shaped on the message boards of bbc606.

biggest bunch of self loving whinging mardarse fuckwits that think they are some sort of footballing royalty,they steal youth from around the globe sell them on then whinge about people with more money STEALING their players,biggest bunch of arrogant fuckers and i mean bigger than united fans.

no time for the fans of that fucking whinging mardarse wenger,(i see where the fans get it from now).

aaaaaahhhhhhh thats better.

NipHolmes said:
B3nStr0ng said:
Jlc09

Just wanted to say fair play to you for getting your opinion across with your view from outside of city.

Although I don't agree with some of your views, I.e clichy was probably the best left back in the league last year in my opinion an Nasri played and earnt his title medal with some important goals an assists, I'm sure he's glad he made the move and his name will go down in history as part of the squad which won the league for the first time in 44 years.

I enjoy reading different angles on situations, that's what makes football so brilliant, different opinions from fans of other clubs, not just our own.

I sir, salute you for getting your views across with dignity!

I personally think his views are faulted and easy pickings.

Clichy was the best LB in the prem outside of Cole. Imo he edged it but overall Cole is better, I have yet to see Ronaldo or Messi have a good game against him.

His views on Nasri are bitter imo. The criticisms of Nasri are that he holds for too long and looks to pass instead of shoot. These are small things as his quality prevails. I think the 20mi for his calibre is laughable too. United and Chelsea both wanted him and he's one of France' best players.

You know when your a kid and your nasty to the girl that doesn't fancy you but you adore her. This is how I see Arsenal fans. His comment of Juventus and the Italian league topped off what I thought was a naive, ignorant, arrogant and misguided view.

Let's not forget the invincibles won the league, Juventus did that and won a cup too. Still he commented his invincibles were better. If they were so good why did they come second the year after?

I did say I didn't agree with his views Nip, I was just commending the fella for not turning it into a slanging match and getting his opinion over. Granted, some of the posts may sometimes come over a bit sore loser ish, but to be fair to the lad he replys and sticks to his guns regarding his opinion. That's what I enjoy reading and why I come onto BLuemoon, how people perceive the same subject from a totally different direction.

jlc09 said:
I'll leave the Nasri thing for now, but I'll say I'm surprised that people are content with how he performed. I'd say deep down you were expecting more and might get it next season, the talent is there but from experience Nasri's displays dont match his talent enough for me. But you're fine as Silva is the main playmaker, Nasri kind of a secondary player supporting him rather than being massively relied upon and I think that suits him best. We had the same with Fabregas central AM, Nasri supporting from wide and also making runs into the box as he can finish. France had him as the main man and ended up complaining about his style of play in the Euro's.

As for Juve, I'm saying I think Serie A is a second rate league now with all the match-fixing etc. Plus I dont see many elite foreigners heading there these days - Zlatan loves it, Silva has been at Milan since his younger days. Not loads now. Juve have a very good side, did well last year, but I dont rate them as high as our unbeaten team who played better football, and also competed in Europe which adds more strain over a season.

I think RVP wants England or La Liga and good attacking sides. Style of play is important to him, he'll get a good wage whereever he goes but IMO it's a secondary issue.
"Surprised that people are content with how he performed"? I remember the scenes of elation at the Etihad when he scored two stupendous goals against Spurs and Chelsea. What did you want him to do? He was as good as Yaya and Silva, a couple of he best midfielders in world football and you should feel very aggrieved that your club sunk to a level where he had to leave.

It's not about feeling aggrieved or bitter, it's stating what I saw last season which was Nasri regularly going months and months performing at an average level. Mentioning goalscoring moments which happened months apart only backs up my point.

Silva seemed to dip in the second half of the season but he was sublime in the early months consistently, Nasri has only been close to that for a few months in his 3 years at Arsenal. He's just too inconsistent and lacks balls, content to be a passenger. He'll have a quality match at times where you think 'wow this kid is good, if he keeps at that level he'd be world class' but it doesnt happen.

We'll see if he pushes on next year I guess.

B3nStr0ng said:
NipHolmes said:
B3nStr0ng said:
Jlc09

Just wanted to say fair play to you for getting your opinion across with your view from outside of city.

Although I don't agree with some of your views, I.e clichy was probably the best left back in the league last year in my opinion an Nasri played and earnt his title medal with some important goals an assists, I'm sure he's glad he made the move and his name will go down in history as part of the squad which won the league for the first time in 44 years.

I enjoy reading different angles on situations, that's what makes football so brilliant, different opinions from fans of other clubs, not just our own.

I sir, salute you for getting your views across with dignity!

I personally think his views are faulted and easy pickings.

Clichy was the best LB in the prem outside of Cole. Imo he edged it but overall Cole is better, I have yet to see Ronaldo or Messi have a good game against him.

His views on Nasri are bitter imo. The criticisms of Nasri are that he holds for too long and looks to pass instead of shoot. These are small things as his quality prevails. I think the 20mi for his calibre is laughable too. United and Chelsea both wanted him and he's one of France' best players.

You know when your a kid and your nasty to the girl that doesn't fancy you but you adore her. This is how I see Arsenal fans. His comment of Juventus and the Italian league topped off what I thought was a naive, ignorant, arrogant and misguided view.

Let's not forget the invincibles won the league, Juventus did that and won a cup too. Still he commented his invincibles were better. If they were so good why did they come second the year after?

I did say I didn't agree with his views Nip, I was just commending the fella for not turning it into a slanging match and getting his opinion over. Granted, some of the posts may sometimes come over a bit sore loser ish, but to be fair to the lad he replys and sticks to his guns regarding his opinion. That's what I enjoy reading and why I come onto BLuemoon, how people perceive the same subject from a totally different direction.

On that basis I agree. I completely disagree with his point though. He's obviously a level headed and mature person hence he doesn't get personal with digs and he speaks sense but I can't have any Arsenal fan knock Nasri whilst they have Ramsey, Rosiscky, Arshavin, Gervinho and Walcott all doing fuck all. RVP and Song carried that team and Vermalen the defence when he came back.

Nasri is bedding in and I hope to see improvement next year but by all means I am happy with him.

Marvin said:
"Surprised that people are content with how he performed"? I remember the scenes of elation at the Etihad when he scored two stupendous goals against Spurs and Chelsea. What did you want him to do? He was as good as Yaya and Silva, a couple of he best midfielders in world football and you should feel very aggrieved that your club sunk to a level where he had to leave.

He had nowhere near as good a season as Yaya or Silva, in fact of all our 'first team' midfielders would probably rank near the bottom way below Yaya, Silva, Barry etc

Certainly up until the last few months of the season his purchase was being regularly questioned by the leaders on this site

Big season for him coming up, he's had time to adjust to our play and we do need a more consistent level of performance from him

jlc09 said:
It's not about feeling aggrieved or bitter, it's stating what I saw last season which was Nasri regularly going months and months performing at an average level. Mentioning goalscoring moments which happened months apart only backs up my point.

Silva seemed to dip in the second half of the season but he was sublime in the early months consistently, Nasri has only been close to that for a few months in his 3 years at Arsenal. He's just too inconsistent and lacks balls, content to be a passenger. He'll have a quality match at times where you think 'wow this kid is good, if he keeps at that level he'd be world class' but it doesnt happen.

We'll see if he pushes on next year I guess.

Nasri had a really good season for a player at a new club. Some crucial goals, assists, worked hard & gets on well with his team mates.

Compare that to the first seasons from many new signings at other clubs. Look at most of yours for instance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.