robin van persie (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
JustinLeeColins, do you not think Mancini has improved Clichy as a player this season?

I wouldn't swap him for any left-back in the league, my only gripe with him is his crossing is gash, if we could clone him with Kolarov he would be the best left-back ever.

Jlc09

Just wanted to say fair play to you for getting your opinion across with your view from outside of city.

Although I don't agree with some of your views, I.e clichy was probably the best left back in the league last year in my opinion an Nasri played and earnt his title medal with some important goals an assists, I'm sure he's glad he made the move and his name will go down in history as part of the squad which won the league for the first time in 44 years.

I enjoy reading different angles on situations, that's what makes football so brilliant, different opinions from fans of other clubs, not just our own.

I sir, salute you for getting your views across with dignity!

B3nStr0ng said:
Jlc09

Just wanted to say fair play to you for getting your opinion across with your view from outside of city.

Although I don't agree with some of your views, I.e clichy was probably the best left back in the league last year in my opinion an Nasri played and earnt his title medal with some important goals an assists, I'm sure he's glad he made the move and his name will go down in history as part of the squad which won the league for the first time in 44 years.

I enjoy reading different angles on situations, that's what makes football so brilliant, different opinions from fans of other clubs, not just our own.

I personally think his views are faulted and easy pickings.

Clichy was the best LB in the prem outside of Cole. Imo he edged it but overall Cole is better, I have yet to see Ronaldo or Messi have a good game against him.

His views on Nasri are bitter imo. The criticisms of Nasri are that he holds for too long and looks to pass instead of shoot. These are small things as his quality prevails. I think the 20mi for his calibre is laughable too. United and Chelsea both wanted him and he's one of France' best players.

You know when your a kid and your nasty to the girl that doesn't fancy you but you adore her. This is how I see Arsenal fans. His comment of Juventus and the Italian league topped off what I thought was a naive, ignorant, arrogant and misguided view.

Let's not forget the invincibles won the league, Juventus did that and won a cup too. Still he commented his invincibles were better. If they were so good why did they come second the year after?

NipHolmes said:
B3nStr0ng said:
Jlc09

Clichy was the best LB in the prem outside of Cole. Imo he edged it but overall Cole is better, I have yet to see Ronaldo or Messi have a good game against him.

His views on Nasri are bitter imo. The criticisms of Nasri are that he holds for too long and looks to pass instead of shoot. These are small things as his quality prevails. I think the 20mi for his calibre is laughable too. United and Chelsea both wanted him and he's one of France' best players.

You know when your a kid and your nasty to the girl that doesn't fancy you but you adore her. This is how I see Arsenal fans. His comment of Juventus and the Italian league topped off what I thought was a naive, ignorant, arrogant and misguided view.

Let's not forget the invincibles won the league, Juventus did that and won a cup too. Still he commented his invincibles were better. If they were so good why did they come second the year after?
Cole is overrated ,hot potato English defender.

Kun Aguero said:
JustinLeeColins, do you not think Mancini has improved Clichy as a player this season?

I wouldn't swap him for any left-back in the league, my only gripe with him is his crossing is gash, if we could clone him with Kolarov he would be the best left-back ever.

From what I seen of Clichy, he had some good spells in the season and looked to have nailed the spot down towards the end. But he's had some really top spells for us too, as I said earlier her made PL team of the season in 07/08 where he was immense. But sustaining form was an issue in the next few years and it had gone a bit stale towards the end. And tbf our set-up has some part to play, it's like the Keystone Cops at the back at times.

He needed a move IMO and City are probably a better fit for him as Mancini values defending more I feel. I'll reserve judgement until next season, see if he can maintain that form and kick on.

Though I'd still rate Cole as the best LB in England, even if he might be declining a bit/ He turns up in the big matches. Evra is declining fast, Baines is pretty good, Enrique is solid. Maybe the standards are not incredibly high these days.

His crossing is woeful though I agree, LOL, but he's generally quite good against fast wingers from what I remember. Apart from Nani who used to give him fits when he played for us.

Thenumber1blue said:
NipHolmes said:
B3nStr0ng said:
Jlc09

Cole is overrated ,hot potato English defender.

The 2 best players in the world have yet to get the better of him.

Best LB in the world for me and has been for a while.

Not a problem if you disagree but I question that opinion.

jlc09 said:
Kun Aguero said:

From what I seen of Clichy, he had some good spells in the season and looked to have nailed the spot down towards the end. But he's had some really top spells for us too, as I said earlier her made PL team of the season in 07/08 where he was immense. But sustaining form was an issue in the next few years and it had gone a bit stale towards the end. And tbf our set-up has some part to play, it's like the Keystone Cops at the back at times.

He needed a move IMO and City are probably a better fit for him as Mancini values defending more I feel. I'll reserve judgement until next season, see if he can maintain that form and kick on.

Though I'd still rate Cole as the best LB in England, even if he might be declining a bit/ He turns up in the big matches. Evra is declining fast, Baines is pretty good, Enrique is solid. Maybe the standards are not incredibly high these days.

His crossing is woeful though I agree, LOL, but he's generally quite good against fast wingers from what I remember. Apart from Nani who used to give him fits when he played for us.

Baines is a good deliverer of the ball but is often out of position imo.
Evra was a disgrace, considering his own arrogance. Hopefully plays for many years at United.
Enrique is a ronseal, top LB and a bargain for the money.

Clichy had a bad outing v Chelsea when he got sent off (2 yellow) and other than that he's been good imho. I feel much safer with him than AK.

Tell you what, there isn't that much talent at wingback nowadays. Think of all of Europe and outside of the rope teams most teams have converted wingers or small CBs chucked out there. The Cafus are a dying breed.

Clichy was the best full back in the Premiership last season by some distance. His performances in the last 10 games were immense.

Nasri had a good season too. I can understand the frustration of Arsenal fans who have watched their team stagnate on a cash pile. But take that frustration out on your manager and board

Yet anothet Arsenal fan with his great insight into City and our ex Arsenal players.

They are the most bitter fans in the country and they try to pass there club off as the patron saint of football whilst every other team have somehow cheated their way to success.

Have a read through his comments and he is just having constant digs at Nasri and Clichy. Yet both these players were important parts of making City Champions.

Nasri took time to settle in, but he proved his quality especially in the run in. He just needed time (perhaps we should have hounded him out like Arsenal did with Eboue).

Clichy I honestly think could not have been any better, was amazing all season and never let City down.

City were top scorers and had the best defence and yet we were apparently carrying Nasri and Clichy, we really must be some team.

Why don't you just back to your own forums and discuss 7 years of nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.