robin van persie (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like it's written doesn't it?

Can anyone honestly see Wenger being allowed to keep him for his final year? I know I've made this comparison before but think of it like this - would Arsenal SIGN a player on a one year contract for £20m-£30m and then let him go for free, sacrificing that money? Effectively paying a £30m loan fee for a season long loan, in other other words? Arsenal FC we're talking about remember. It sounds like the least credible thing in the world, doesn't it?

Now can anyone tell me how keeping Van Persie who they value at up to £30m for one year and then letting go for free is any different......

"As announced earlier this year I had a meeting with the boss [Arsene Wenger] and Mr [Ivan] Gazidis after the season. This was a meeting about the club's future strategy and their policy. Financial terms or a contract have not been discussed, since that is not my priority at all.

"I personally have had a great season but my goal has been to win trophies with the team and to bring the club back to its glory days. Out of my huge respect for Mr Wenger, the players and the fans I don't want to go into any details, but unfortunately in this meeting it has again become clear to me that we in many aspects disagree on the way Arsenal should move forward.

"I've thought long and hard about it, but I have decided not to extend my contract. You guys, the fans, have of course the right to disagree with my view and decision and I will always respect your opinions.

"I love the club and the fans, no matter what happens. I have grown up and became a man during my time with Arsenal. Everybody at the club and the fans have always supported me over the years and I have always given my all (and more) on and off the pitch. I am very proud of being part of this fantastic club for the last eight years. As soon as Mr Gazidis is back from his two-week holiday in America further meetings will follow and I will update you if and when there are more developments."

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jul/04/robin-van-persie-arsenal-no-deal" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012 ... al-no-deal</a>

Come on Juventus!

Please sign him up. I don't want him not only because he is too old and has no sell-on value, but the fact that we have 4 world-class strikers means that I don't want City to sign him and I hope he doesn't end up here. The Man City - Arsenal link is becoming a joke. Buying a couple players from there is more than enough but what could eventually be 6 players in 4 years is just silly. There are better players from different places. Van Persie is a great player but we need to target a CM/Defender rather than a striker. Especially the fact that Guidetti is back and he won't want to be 5th choice. It may end up being Van Persie coming in and Dzeko or Tevez and Guidetti going out which is not what I want to see.

Shauntheprofitmachine said:
will this drive down the transfer fee?

Absolutely, if he really does want to join us this will have been done partly with transfer fee in mind. Arsenal are fooked now, hahahaha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.