robin van persie (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same old, same old.

As soon as its known the players is possibly on his way to City, every other club is then suddenly mentioned, taking turns with the press claiming he is on the way to them.

Leaked stories, no doubt from the Arsenal, designed to bump up the fee and nothing else.

Whoever he goes to, I will say the deal was done ages ago between the player and the club and Wenger now just wants as much as possible.

Re: Do we need RVP?

Big Swifty said:
Is van Persie good enough for City? He had a poor Euro 2012, tho' he did score a cracker with his right foot (unbelievably). And do we need another striker? Is he better than what we've got?
I only ask the question.

If we got the striker he was last year then there is absoltely no doubt he would improve the team - he would be an automatic first choice for the big games with Aguero and either Tevez - Dzeko or Ballo would have to be sold with the other two becoming squad players and accepting being rotated.

RVP has had ONE GOOD SEASON in the last SIX and everyone is falling over themselves to pick him up from Arsenal! EVERY ONE of City's strikers had a good season and we are falling over ourselves to get rid of two of them!

I simply do not understand it!

City are NOT going to change for RVP and Arsenal's ENTIRE TEAM was set up to feed him.

We need to steer clear and let him go abroad. I hope his Dad is right!

ChicagoBlue said:
RVP has had ONE GOOD SEASON in the last SIX and everyone is falling over themselves to pick him up from Arsenal! EVERY ONE of City's strikers had a good season and we are falling over ourselves to get rid of two of them!

City are NOT going to change for RVP and Arsenal's ENTIRE TEAM was set up to feed him.

Agree, RVP is gonna be another RSC imo, injury prone, one good season, expensive, reaching 30, and etc..

Stretfordian_Blue said:
Burnage Burnsy said:
Joga Bonito said:
Looks like we are favourites at 11/10 to sign him with the scum and Juventus at 2/1 behind us at the moment.

I would rather we keep our current forwards unless van Persie comes cheap (which he won't)

We have now drifted to evens from 1/3 two days ago.

Rags now 2/1 second favourites??
Apparently sighted at rags carrington ground, that's the reason for the cut.

Ha ha - someone better get him back from his holiday in the Caribbean then, where he's been for the past fucking week with his family dreaming in the sun.

Back this week and we should all know a lot more on the next move in this game soon enough.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Stretfordian_Blue said:
Burnage Burnsy said:

Morning TH, seems that things are starting to gather pace at long last. Is this coincidental to the two weeks after until the party starts clue haha!!
Also, anymore on Edin & Tevez?

Ha ha - someone better get him back from his holiday in the Caribbean then, where he's been for the past fucking week with his family dreaming in the sun.

Back this week and we should all know a lot more on the next move in this game soon enough.
<br /><br />-- Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:23 am --<br /><br />
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Stretfordian_Blue said:
Burnage Burnsy said:

Morning TH, seems that things are starting to gather pace at long last. Is this coincidental to the two weeks after until the party starts clue haha!!
Also, anymore on Edin & Tevez?

ChicagoBlue said:

Of course we don't need RVP. What we do need, is an additional striker if one of our current ones leaves us.

Matt the Giant said:
ChicagoBlue said:

Of course we don't need RVP. What we do need, is an additional striker if one of our current ones leaves us.
Any by current we mean the top 4 - not Adebayor and Roque

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.