robin van persie (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Do we need RVP?

OK, my opinion is that WE DO need RvP, and I'll tell you why.......

Our main dependable goalscorer is Argentinian (Aguero), as is our back-up main striker (Tevez, who although a little out of favour with the Argentinian national set-up could well be called back).

We are then left with two strikers (Balo & Dzeko) who are respectively still growing and not necessarily 'line-leaders'.

Now we have the WC qualifiers coming up, which means that a lot of air miles are gonna be put in by the two strikers who we rely on most for goals (meaning a certain amount of fatigue).

I've no idea just how much of an impact the flight has on performance, but the common perception is that it takes a few days to re-adjust, meaning that we could do with a prolific European striker.

IMO, this puts the needs for RvP above the need for Cavani (who will also be putting in a lot of airmiles as one of Uruguays two starting strikers) as - for the next 2 years - Cavani will be in the same boat as Aguero & Tevez (and any other South American players).

As we know, winning the league is all about consistency, and an untired RvP (or other prolific, gettable European striker - of which there are not many) is essential to this (IMO)........

Do we need? Depends what you mean. To retain the Prem? Definitely no. To win the CL?...we probably need him.

Marvin said:
Matt the Giant said:
ChicagoBlue said:
RVP has had ONE GOOD SEASON in the last SIX and everyone is falling over themselves to pick him up from Arsenal! EVERY ONE of City's strikers had a good season and we are falling over ourselves to get rid of two of them!

I simply do not understand it!

City are NOT going to change for RVP and Arsenal's ENTIRE TEAM was set up to feed him.

We need to steer clear and let him go abroad. I hope his Dad is right!

Of course we don't need RVP. What we do need, is an additional striker if one of our current ones leaves us.
Any by current we mean the top 4 - not Adebayor and Roque

Yes, of course. I don't even think of them as City players to be honest as none of them will ever again pull on the City shirt in a competitive game.

lost_n_spaced said:

Our main dependable goalscorer is Argentinian (Aguero), as is our back-up main striker (Tevez, who although a little out of favour with the Argentinian national set-up could well be called back).

We are then left with two strikers (Balo & Dzeko) who are respectively still growing and not necessarily 'line-leaders'.

Now we have the WC qualifiers coming up, which means that a lot of air miles are gonna be put in by the two strikers who we rely on most for goals (meaning a certain amount of fatigue).

I've no idea just how much of an impact the flight has on performance, but the common perception is that it takes a few days to re-adjust, meaning that we could do with a prolific European striker.

IMO, this puts the needs for RvP above the need for Cavani (who will also be putting in a lot of airmiles as one of Uruguays two starting strikers) as - for the next 2 years - Cavani will be in the same boat as Aguero & Tevez (and any other South American players).

As we know, winning the league is all about consistency, and an untired RvP (or other prolific, gettable European striker - of which there are not many) is essential to this (IMO)........
5 strikers - surely one too many - who goes and where?

johnny crossan said:
lost_n_spaced said:

Tevez Out, RVP In. Dzeko Out, Cavani In. Works for me.

johnny crossan said:
lost_n_spaced said:

Now THAT is what you would have to ask Mr. Mancini*

*(or TH, OBVIOUSLY)....... :-D

Young said:
I'm even more surprised we are even after a striker.
How do you know we're actually after this guy? I'm now overseas and haven't been able to stay up to date.

Cheers

Jumanji said:
Young said:
I'm even more surprised we are even after a striker.
How do you know we're actually after this guy? I'm now overseas and haven't been able to stay up to date.

Cheers

Bit of a sensitive point that........ so people may say 'we don't', others have deduced it from the redtops, and others have deduced it via youtube links.......

Calm down, fellas.......... I'm just being sarcy........

hgblue said:
johnny crossan said:
lost_n_spaced said:

And me, Tevez because of his antics and Dzeko because he doesn't fit even though I'd like to see him succeed.

hgblue said:
johnny crossan said:
lost_n_spaced said:

Very rarely do we disagree on footballing matters and im not going to start now.

Aguero, Balotteli, RVP and Cavani....WOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.