robin van persie (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off I agree they might have to adjust their wage structure but if he's willing to accept less than Rooney, they might pull it off same as us not wanting to pay him more than we pay our established stars either.

adrianr said:
They can't afford him. All the Glazers need is CL football and they can get that without spending another penny.
I'm not sure they can't afford him as much as the Glazers aren't willing to afford him, which in the end does get you to the same spot; however, I think they (being the entire club especially the manager) perceives rightly in my opinion that we're a new level of threat as far as dominance and this might spur them to action. Arsenal is more interested in profit than trophies, Chelsea's owner is erratic as is their transfer policy due to the owner, Liverpool can't get out of their own way (although they might start turning it around after shedding Dalglish), and Spurs are unwilling to pay enough to succeed. We on the other hand have supremely wealthy owners who are patient, resourceful, and thorough with an eye for infrastructure investment including trying to build up an academy via youth signings. The Glazers may be greedy bastards (they are.) but they're also cunning bastards who don't want to risk falling out of the Champions League and know that winning the Premier League is also huge in their marketing strategy. I don't think they're going to sit still. It all depends on how much they can scam out of others (See their sketchy IPO maneuvers) as they always seem willing to spend other people's money.

carlos92 said:
They would seriously adjust their wage structure to sign him, which would push Wooney's nose out of joint.

they'd just issue death threats and then double his wages again

mostonbluemark said:
taconinja said:
blueinsa said:
Dein says they need to ship him out sooner rather than later.
Regardless of where he ends up, this is absolutely correct. Let's see if Wenger can be convinced, though.

-- Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:47 am --

blueinsa said:
Sportsmail reporter in wishful thinking shocker.
If this wasn't Martin Samuel, I would agree... but it is so I'm inclined to give him a read.

And yes, he would benefit them a hell of a lot more than that wide-eyed Pokemon and Welbeck.

Trying to be impartial without blue tinted glasses on..........if you were van Persie would you consider going to United, irrespective of whether they are interested or not?

Absolutely yes if it were a choice between that and stay at Arsenal, no brainer. But even with the City fan hat off, if City were also in the mix I'd choose City at this point.

They fannied about trying to sign Nasri last season by trying to get him to sign for less money. Yes they still have a certain appeal but that will only get them so far.<br /><br />-- Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:27 pm --<br /><br />
Balti said:
carlos92 said:
They would seriously adjust their wage structure to sign him, which would push Wooney's nose out of joint.

they'd just issue death threats and then double his wages again

That would be a great idea which would fuck them up even further:D.

I think he'll change your minds when he scores 20 goals with his left foot, 15 with his right foot and 10 with his head this season.

allan harper said:
I think he'll change your minds when he scores 20 goals with his left foot, 15 with his right foot and 10 with his head this season.
he scores when he wants ;0

the people that dont want him now will be the same people raving about him! he`ll outscore aguero if our team imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.