robin van persie (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joehannes said:
Danamy said:
Juve very much at the table but we're still favourites
Any other moves close Dan? Or do you know what Tolmie's vids refer to?

As stated before we're very busy in Italy and plenty of air miles being clocked up

In regards to the Vids i'm in the haven't got a scooby camp.............

Is Dzeko the most likely to make way, from what I'm gathering he is.

Tevez wages still proving prohibitive.

Danamy said:
As stated before we're very busy in Italy and plenty of air miles being clocked up

In regards to the Vids i'm in the haven't got a scooby camp.............

If this were Tolmie, I'd take that capital V in Vids plus the Italy link as a hint that we're trying to sign Arturo Vidal. ;)

Del_Bosque said:

The Pimp (Kia) still working hard to get his client a move with Milan being favourites.

If Ibra gets his move it'll free up the finance to make it happen, a big "if" but not out of the question.

Danamy said:
Del_Bosque said:

The Pimp (Kia) still working hard to get his client a move with Milan being favourites.

If Ibra gets his move it'll free up the finance to make it happen, a big "if" but not out of the question.
Swap Tevez for Ibra!

zeven said:
Danamy said:
Del_Bosque said:

Swap Tevez for Ibra!

He didn't say that

newtonheathdave said:
argyle said:
6 Injury plagued seasons (albeit not terrible) and one truly good season last season. Thought we could do better after winning the league.

I can understand peoples hesitation in regards to Van Persies injuries and it is a concern but as a footballer, none of the other options people keep naming are better than Van Persie.

The likes of Cavani are no where near as good as Van Persie. People keep saying sell on value and the future etc, but we have Mario and Sergio for the future. Them two should be nurtured for the future.

What we need is an experienced head for NOW, for attempting to win the chumps league over the next few seasons.

For me there is no better fit than Van Persie. He has been a shit hot player for years now. Yes hes been injured and yes it is a risk but from what I have seen hes miles better than any other the options.

Can I ask you who you think is better than Van Persie and what attributes do they have that are better than what he has?

Total and utter common sense. Fuck knows why people cannot just see this. Not a difficult concept.

summer of 69 said:
newtonheathdave said:
argyle said:
6 Injury plagued seasons (albeit not terrible) and one truly good season last season. Thought we could do better after winning the league.

I can understand peoples hesitation in regards to Van Persies injuries and it is a concern but as a footballer, none of the other options people keep naming are better than Van Persie.

The likes of Cavani are no where near as good as Van Persie. People keep saying sell on value and the future etc, but we have Mario and Sergio for the future. Them two should be nurtured for the future.

What we need is an experienced head for NOW, for attempting to win the chumps league over the next few seasons.

For me there is no better fit than Van Persie. He has been a shit hot player for years now. Yes hes been injured and yes it is a risk but from what I have seen hes miles better than any other the options.

Can I ask you who you think is better than Van Persie and what attributes do they have that are better than what he has?

Total and utter common sense. Fuck knows why people cannot just see this. Not a difficult concept.

I think it's a case of there was a point at the beginning of the 'project' where the whole emphasis was on signing 'young and hungry'™ players - the consensus from the club staff right down to the Bluemoon masses was this was what we needed (and to be fair at the time they were largely right). But now, people have got so used to thinking that, that it's become almost like a Pavlovian response to dismiss experienced players who might be knocking on the door of 30.

But the thing is we've moved on and as Dave says we could do with adding some more experience as of right now. Attitudes need to change as our progression in that 'project' has changed and moved forward, but the two things are clearly taking some time to sync up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.