robin van persie (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
southern muppet said:
summer of 69 said:
newtonheathdave said:
I can understand peoples hesitation in regards to Van Persies injuries and it is a concern but as a footballer, none of the other options people keep naming are better than Van Persie.

The likes of Cavani are no where near as good as Van Persie. People keep saying sell on value and the future etc, but we have Mario and Sergio for the future. Them two should be nurtured for the future.

What we need is an experienced head for NOW, for attempting to win the chumps league over the next few seasons.

For me there is no better fit than Van Persie. He has been a shit hot player for years now. Yes hes been injured and yes it is a risk but from what I have seen hes miles better than any other the options.

Can I ask you who you think is better than Van Persie and what attributes do they have that are better than what he has?

Total and utter common sense. Fuck knows why people cannot just see this. Not a difficult concept.

I think it's a case of there was a point at the beginning of the 'project' where the whole emphasis was on signing 'young and hungry'™ players - the consensus from the club staff right down to the Bluemoon masses was this was what we needed (and to be fair at the time they were largely right). But now, people have got so used to thinking that, that it's become almost like a Pavlovian response to dismiss experienced players who might be knocking on the door of 30.

But the thing is we've moved on and as Dave says we could do with adding some more experience as of right now. Attitudes need to change as our progression in that 'project' has changed and moved forward, but the two things are clearly taking some time to sync up.

The reason I want Van Persie is because he will have a desire to win trophies. He will realise he only has 4-5 seasons left in him and he will want to succeed so much.

After the likes of Adebayor coming and playing as if they were doing us a favour, it will be nice seeing an established star come and still want to prove himself.

He would bring so much to the team. He would give us some natural balance up top with him and Sergio. I think he would bring the best out of Samir. Plus I think he would fit into out system effortlessly. People say keep Edin and play to his strengths but imo that would weaken us. Getting crosses in from wide just for Edin would negate Silva's, Samir's and sergio's strengths. We need someone to fit the system rather than change the system to suit someone else.

But most of all, it is the hunger and quality that Van Persie has that would really benefit us.

The reason I want Van Persie is because he will have a desire to win trophies. He will realise he only has 4-5 seasons left in him and he will want to succeed so much.

After the likes of Adebayor coming and playing as if they were doing us a favour, it will be nice seeing an established star come and still want to prove himself.

He would bring so much to the team. He would give us some natural balance up top with him and Sergio. I think he would bring the best out of Samir. Plus I think he would fit into out system effortlessly. People say keep Edin and play to his strengths but imo that would weaken us. Getting crosses in from wide just for Edin would negate Silva's, Samir's and sergio's strengths. We need someone to fit the system rather than change the system to suit someone else.

But most of all, it is the hunger and quality that Van Persie has that would really benefit us.

That seems to tick all the right boxes. :-)

newtonheathdave said:
southern muppet said:
summer of 69 said:
Total and utter common sense. Fuck knows why people cannot just see this. Not a difficult concept.

I think it's a case of there was a point at the beginning of the 'project' where the whole emphasis was on signing 'young and hungry'™ players - the consensus from the club staff right down to the Bluemoon masses was this was what we needed (and to be fair at the time they were largely right). But now, people have got so used to thinking that, that it's become almost like a Pavlovian response to dismiss experienced players who might be knocking on the door of 30.

But the thing is we've moved on and as Dave says we could do with adding some more experience as of right now. Attitudes need to change as our progression in that 'project' has changed and moved forward, but the two things are clearly taking some time to sync up.

Good points

I know this is not a popular thing to say, but keeping Tevez will be the best signing City can make this summer.

If this is the case, we should be able to get him for a hell of a lot less than 225k/pw then.

Tevez City said:
I know this is not a popular thing to say, but keeping Tevez will be the best signing City can make this summer.

Can you justify that in comparison to Van Persie?

Van Persie has a better touch, better finish, better in the air, more skill and more intelligent movement imo.
Tevez has more work rate and his skill level is underrated by many but it is not up to Van Persies level I don't think.

For a team that plays possession football I think Van Persie would suit City more than Tevez does.

Feel free to dissagree.

nomorethaksintimes said:

If this is the case, we should be able to get him for a hell of a lot less than 225k/pw then.

Hes a top player with one year left on his contract. We would still have to pay him market value.
He would probably get more at Anzi or in China if cash was his main motivation

The question isn't whether Van Persie is better than Tevez it is whether Van Persie brings something to our squad which we are missing at the moment and the answer is Yes IMO. Unfortunately the way the squad is made up one of our players has to leave tro make way, and no matter how I try, I cannot see how Mancini would keep five strikers happy. Just no way Balo or Aguero going so it is down to Tevez or Dzeko, those are the hard facts of life. If Tevez stays I can see him and Van Persie striking up a good relationship similarly with Aguero and Balo. For me Dzeko is the one to lose out, although morally it should be Tevez.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.