robin van persie (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tevez City said:
I know this is not a popular thing to say, but keeping Tevez will be the best signing City can make this summer.
Fuck me, that's the most sensible thing I think youve ever said.

Tevez City said:
I know this is not a popular thing to say, but keeping Tevez will be the best signing City can make this summer.
He has 2 years to go on his contract so it would hardly be like a 'new signing' if he stayed

pudge said:
Tevez City said:
He has 2 years to go on his contract so it would hardly be like a 'new signing' if he stayed
Not quite what he said.

i8rags said:
pudge said:
Tevez City said:
Not quite what he said.
Well by his logic, if we keep Aguero it will be our best signing this summer..

Or Silva, or Yaya etc.

Rammyblues said:
The question isn't whether Van Persie is better than Tevez it is whether Van Persie brings something to our squad which we are missing at the moment and the answer is Yes IMO. Unfortunately the way the squad is made up one of our players has to leave tro make way, and no matter how I try, I cannot see how Mancini would keep five strikers happy. Just no way Balo or Aguero going so it is down to Tevez or Dzeko, those are the hard facts of life. If Tevez stays I can see him and Van Persie striking up a good relationship similarly with Aguero and Balo. For me Dzeko is the one to lose out, although morally it should be Tevez.

I still think we are one striker too many though. It would be so difficult keeping 4 of them happy. I would be happy to see Tevez and Edin go if an inside forward type player with some pace came in.
There will be times we have to play one up front with Silva tucked in behind and 3 in midfield. Keeping 3 strikers on the bench would be difficult.
I suppose it depends if Bobby sees Mario being pushed out wider at times but that is just a waste imo of his talents. He is going to be an absolute beast of a centre forward.
Sanchez is the player I most wanted. He would be absolutely perfect for us. I was so hoping he would not fit in at Barca but after he got over his injury, he looked a class act. I can see him having a big season for them coming up.

IMHO the worst signing we could make us Tevez if we keep him it will be a disappointment tO manager and owner and we will still have the disease that nearly destroyed our title bid in our midst. He needs to be gone as he is a ticking bomb in the squad whatever fake smile he is putting on now. Maybe he had depression and he had treatment and I am being unfair but we have to have an extra striker if he is there just in case

EalingBlue2 said:
IMHO the worst signing we could make us Tevez if we keep him it will be a disappointment tO manager and owner and we will still have the disease that nearly destroyed our title bid in our midst. He needs to be gone as he is a ticking bomb in the squad whatever fake smile he is putting on now. Maybe he had depression and he had treatment and I am being unfair but we have to have an extra striker if he is there just in case
He was brought back into the team so the dispute is over

newtonheathdave said:
Tevez City said:

Can you justify that in comparison to Van Persie?

Van Persie has a better touch, better finish, better in the air, more skill and more intelligent movement imo.
Tevez has more work rate and his skill level is underrated by many but it is not up to Van Persies level I don't think.

For a team that plays possession football I think Van Persie would suit City more than Tevez does.

Feel free to dissagree.

Tevez is a lion, while RVP is a skilful goal poacher.

pudge said:
i8rags said:
pudge said:
Not quite what he said.
Well by his logic, if we keep Aguero it will be our best signing this summer..

Or Silva, or Yaya etc.

but they are more then likely going to stay where as Tevez isn't a sure thing given his history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.