robin van persie (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
davechaos said:
pudge said:
i8rags said:
Not quite what he said.
Well by his logic, if we keep Aguero it will be our best signing this summer..

Or Silva, or Yaya etc.

but they are more then likely going to stay where as Tevez isn't a sure thing given his history.
So surely he should have said, "the best thing Tevez could do this summer is not fuck off again.."

Marvin said:
EalingBlue2 said:
IMHO the worst signing we could make us Tevez if we keep him it will be a disappointment tO manager and owner and we will still have the disease that nearly destroyed our title bid in our midst. He needs to be gone as he is a ticking bomb in the squad whatever fake smile he is putting on now. Maybe he had depression and he had treatment and I am being unfair but we have to have an extra striker if he is there just in case
He was brought back into the team so the dispute is over

Marvin, never mind the fans for one second, do you really believe that Mancini, the owner and the board have forgiven Tevez because he decided to grace us with his presence at the tail-end of the season?

Tevez only came back to the club because his career was going down the pan. He wasn't getting paid, he'd been heavily fined and the Jan window had been and gone.

If we don't move him on now, while we can still get good money he will walk on a Bosman, not good business, and not worth the hassle for a player who could kick of again at any time.

If tevez was married to the club he had about 10 one night stands, refused to pay child suPport and then fecked off to live in Marbella to live with a 16 year old slut, when his money ran out he came home and even then did not really apologise or admit he was wrong. To think AD, Mancini or even most of the team have fOrgiven him is in incredibley naive and wOuld suggest we are run by a bunch of saps. tevez is history of that have no doubt and good riddance!

We are Manchester City not the football equivalent of John Terry's missus

newtonheathdave said:
The reason I want Van Persie is because he will have a desire to win trophies. He will realise he only has 4-5 seasons left in him and he will want to succeed so much.

After the likes of Adebayor coming and playing as if they were doing us a favour, it will be nice seeing an established star come and still want to prove himself.

He would bring so much to the team. He would give us some natural balance up top with him and Sergio. I think he would bring the best out of Samir. Plus I think he would fit into out system effortlessly. People say keep Edin and play to his strengths but imo that would weaken us. Getting crosses in from wide just for Edin would negate Silva's, Samir's and sergio's strengths. We need someone to fit the system rather than change the system to suit someone else.

But most of all, it is the hunger and quality that Van Persie has that would really benefit us.
I mostly agree but I do like having some width which Dzeko and wide crosses can bring as a change-up. I feel that clogging the middle against us can be an effective tactic and we should have contingencies for teams that want to do that.

Can see him signing just after the friendly v Asenal end of July.Their fans are being slowly conditioned to losing him and probably been given anger therapy leaflets entitled why I hate Man City for the 3rd year running -how to cope with the Norvern lottery winning bastards who don't deserve it - rich hypocrisy from the Tarquins who have a dubious past regarding claiming promotion to the top league.

Tevez City said:
newtonheathdave said:
Tevez City said:
I know this is not a popular thing to say, but keeping Tevez will be the best signing City can make this summer.

Can you justify that in comparison to Van Persie?

Van Persie has a better touch, better finish, better in the air, more skill and more intelligent movement imo.
Tevez has more work rate and his skill level is underrated by many but it is not up to Van Persies level I don't think.

For a team that plays possession football I think Van Persie would suit City more than Tevez does.

Feel free to dissagree.

Tevez is a lion, while RVP is a skilful goal poacher.

RVP isn't just a goal poacher. Most people don't realize, but RVP was 4th in the league in passes that led to shots. Everyone knows he's a good finisher, but he is very good at setting up others. Perhaps even better than Tevez. This aspect of his game is the biggest reason I want him to complete the move to City.

Dzeko & Hyde said:
In the end, Tevez will let us down. He always does.

As good as he was, we did well over the last two seasons without him, he almost cost us again this year , and I still feel he may of cost us the title the year before with his previous shenanegans.

The amount of energy expended on him must of been a huge distraction. On his day he is immense, off his day he's a destuctive influence and needs to let off steam before he can be managed back around to the team ethic.
There is no doubting his talent though, but we came very close to letting the Charity Shield winners distract everyone with their usual 21 point start from the FA and calling them champions again, rather than points buyers.
Oh well it looks like they will need to sell rancid meat to kids again to keep going, Green & Gold till the truth is TOLD-cxnts

RVP could turn into another Milner ...tho for different reasons.

Milner had one good season and we splurged big bucks on him. He has been average. I never really rated Milner, still think it was a travesty that he got YPOTY that season over the Superman version of Stevie Ireland.

I'm always weary of players who are bought after 1 good season (or, in RVP's case, 1 fit season). I certainly wouldn't be getting rid of Tevez for RVP. That'd be a wreckless gamble imo. RVP in place of Dzeko, sure, but Tevez? Not a chance, esp. when you factor in the inconsistency of Mario and the fact that Utd and Chelsea will be stronger (and, risking ridicule, you never know how Rogers will fair at Liverpool)

RVP will be less a risk if he's part of a 4man strikeforce of The Kun, Tevez, RVP, and Mario. Less likely to get injured if he's on the bench every now and then as well.
The question is would that strikeforce be a happy one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.