robin van persie (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Do we need RVP?

Nah, we don't need him but I would buy him, sit him on the bench to bring on now and again maybe,.............. at least that way he wouldn't be able to score against us!! ...................... (tongue in cheek lads, tongue in cheek)

Yes, Tevez and Dzeko are not in Bobs plans.

Before the pitchforks and flaming torches are brought to bare on me...IMO.

What's the chances of Arsenal excepting our first bid for Van Perise, slim at best I'd say.

No, only good thing in this deal is some people involved may get a hefty commission for this unnecessary buy imo.

Dirty Harry said:
Rammy Blue said:
It's a shame that people can't see past the end of their noses sometimes.

Bob doesn't rate Dzeko, that should be obvious to any blue who watched us throughout last season.

I like Dzeko, and he is a decent player that will do well at another club, but he isn't the kind of player that Bob wants to rely on when we attempt to compete on all levels.

RvP is the kind of player that can happily play up top on his own and win a game with one swoosh of his left peg which is exactly what Bob wants in his forward line.

Dzeko knows he will always be down the list when at City and hence I'd be astonished if he wasn't actively searching for another club - imo he'll go to either Juve or Dortmund.

I hope you're wrong mate, I too like him and think a fit and confident Dzeko is a great asset to us, but tbh can't argue with any of that, I think that's exactly what RM sees, my only concern is what has RM seen that he couldn't have been aware of before he came to us ?

There's no reason to not believe that Dzeko would be a better player for us next season, plenty of players take a while to fully adjust to the Prem.

However, that said, I remember how poor Edin looked for the few months we had him after his signing in Jan the previous season. We all thought that he would be a better player last season having had those few months to adjust yet far too often last season he looked like a clueless lump that couldn't trap a bag of cement and didn't have quick enough feet to get him out of tight spots when he looked far too cumbersome for the limited time you get on the ball in the Prem.

I think the feeling is mutual between Bob and Dzeko, no hard feelings and he's a decent lad that we won't have a problem keeping if needs must, however better for all if he moves on to a club that is better set up for him. A club preferably not in the prem as I have no doubt he could score 20+ in a team like Spuds or the scum.<br /><br />-- Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:42 am --<br /><br />
allan harper said:
What's the chances of Arsenal excepting our first bid for Van Perise, slim at best I'd say.

Highly unlikely mate, however as per it will depend on who else decides to chuck a decent bid in. Let's be honest, we've got no chance until we go past 20mil as I'm sure if it was a price in the teens then plenty of clubs will fancy their chances.

Wages are the killer for most clubs when added to the fee so I'm sure we'll get him if we want him, I'd expect us to go public with a bid of 15-18mil first and then end up paying about 22mil.

Tevez, Balotelli and Dzeko were all inconsistent last season, RVP wasn't.

He was the Premier Leagues leading goal scorer.

His movement, control and passing are exceptional.

A move to City will strike fear into our opponents.

...no we don't need him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.