robin van persie (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
were not signing RVP,

1st of all mans a ****.
2nd he doesnt fit in with our transfer srategy,( Note previous transfers)
he is too old ,too dodgy( in terms of injuries)
3rd Is he better than dzeko? does he offer more? will he be happy with a squad role. This is all debatable............

has bobby said anything ?

Dont need him, we got a great vibe in the team. Thats golden dont need people like nani and rvp. we already have tevez

i dont think he is coming

newtonheathdave said:
sbm said:
newtonheathdave said:
For me there is no better fit than Van Persie. He has been a shit hot player for years now. Yes hes been injured and yes it is a risk but from what I have seen hes miles better than any other the options.

Let us look at the FACTS. I will take the following:

(a) minutes per goal
(b) minutes per assist
(c) minutes per assist or goal

First, consider last season, certainly RVP's best-ever season.

2011-12

Edin (a) 108 (b) 302 (c) 79
RVP (a) 111 (b) 237 (d) 75

Quite close, actually. Indeed, if penalties were excluded, the minutes per assist or goal would be 79 for both! The latter is really quite astonishing given:
(i) Arsenal's strategy focused around RVP, whereas City's strategy (by common consent) did not play to Edin's strengths; and
(ii) whereas RVP was on the field for the full 90 minutes in 34 of his 38 premier league appearances, Edin was 'chopped and changed', i.e. he was on the field for the full 90 minutes in only 10 of his 30 premier league appearances and, for 10 of his appearances, he was on the field for a TOTAL of 82 minutes.

Let's consider their CAREER statistics.

Edin (a) 151 (b) 363 (c) 106
RVP (a) 241 (b) 490 (c) 161

Clearly Edin DOMINATES RVP. (If penalties were excluded, the minutes per goal or assist would favour Edin even more).

I don't know what the claim that RVP has been "a shit hot player for years now" really means. Incidentally these career statistics question the frequent claim that RVP's poor goal scoring record up to and including 2009-10 were due to injuries (to state the obvious, the above relate to time on the pitch). It is also claimed that RVP's poor scoring record was due to his starting out as a winger; but then presumably his assists should be higher for that.

Your going off stats where the team has been set up to play for Edins strengths.
I will go of what I have seen of my own eyes and imo Van Persie is so much of a better footballer.
In uniteds team Edin could be a very good player but we don't play like that. It is nice to have that option from the bench but imo Edin is not good enough to be a starter for us.
One thing your stats do not show was how many times the ball was played in to Edin and it bounced 5 yards away from him, giving possession to the opposition while our players were trying to get up to support him, which ultimately put us under pressure. Van Persie holds the ball up great, brings other players into the game and is a better technical footballer than Edin.
At the end of the day if Edin and Van Persie were shoes, they would be be really smart. But you would always wear the shoe that fitted rather than the one that was 2 sizes to big. For me, Van Persie is the shoe that fits.

Not nailing colours to the mast, I just want to defend the original post.

Your missing the point. The Stats were for 11-12 season were if anything RVP had a team built around and Dzeko definitely did not. The common concencus was the Dzeko would be great if he had some wingers. Those stats show that he was still pretty damn good.

I will say this Dzeko is a good bloke and I don't see the need to move him on. When he came on against QPR he changed the game. He will be able to do a good job for us in the future. I can't see the point of replacing him with RVP, perhaps Ibra, but not RVP as we lose a vital option to cross to Dzeko on the odd occasion. But then again if we are going to completely tika taka then it might as well be RVP.

The problem with going down this road - and this should really be a discussion for another thread so i'll try to keep it brief - is that teams have found an effective defensive solution to it. Chelsea v Barca and QPR are good examples of this. Some will claim that we were unlucky. We weren't. QPR just followed a defensive plan, that wasn't entirely original as teams had used it previously against with good effect. Gary Neville summarised it brilliantly - go on call me a rag - were he showed how teams were conceding the flanks to us and not bothering closing down our players in wide positions. Teams were happy to sit deep and not close us down as they were not concerned with a cross coming in.

Barca had the same trouble. Pep kept going on about the brilliance of tello (i think), who supposedly knew how to position himself so that it stretched the defence. But eventually the same thing happened and teams didn't give a shit if tello had the ball cos if he crossed then pint size messi wasn't getting to it and if he dribble or passed he had 10 men to go through who were in a very small area.

Short argument we may well even though Van Persie may be better we may miss what we lose in Dzeko more than we appreciate what we gain in Van Persie.

Last point and after that last ramble I can't really be bothered to explain why, but I think we were playing a different system at the start of the season with Dzeko and whoever starting and I reckon it worked better than the one we are employing now. But I reckon Mancini has a plan in mind and regardless of where are or were we where I believe/hope will be progressing on to something better.

blue wang said:
were not signing RVP,

1st of all mans a ****.
3rd Is he better than dzeko? does he offer more? will he be happy with a squad role. This is all debatable............

Dont need him, we got a great vibe in the team. Thats golden dont need people like nani and rvp. we already have tevez

That's a shit post. He's not to old 28 is a good age he's in his prime. He's miles ahead of Dzeko and Mancini has said he's a good player but he won't speculate because he's an Arsenal player. He's a **** because he doesn't play for us Tevez,Bellamy & Adebayor are bigger cocks than RVP. He fits into our transfer strategy because he's better than what we have Balo & Dzeko and a few said to me last year Tevez.

blue wang said:
were not signing RVP,

1st of all mans a ****.

Know him personally do you?

citytill1die84 said:
blue wang said:
were not signing RVP,

1st of all mans a ****.

That's a shit post. He's not to old 28 is a good age he's in his prime. He's miles ahead of Dzeko and Mancini has said he's a good player but he won't speculate because he's an Arsenal player. He's a **** because he doesn't play for us Tevez,Bellamy & Adebayor are bigger cocks than RVP. He fits into our transfer strategy because he's better than what we have Balo & Dzeko and a few said to me last year Tevez.
I agree with this and for me he is the perfect age, we should get 2 or 3 great years out him and by that time hopefully guidetti and balo will have developed to replace him for us.

I still think he's pulling a Wooney, and asking for an astronomical pay-rise.

greasedupdeafguy said:
citytill1die84 said:
blue wang said:
were not signing RVP,

1st of all mans a ****.

I agree with this and for me he is the perfect age, we should get 2 or 3 great years out him and by that time hopefully guidetti and balo will have developed to replace him for us.

+1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.