robin van persie (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is still not a Luka Modric or Daniele de Rossi type signing they need more.

If true, a huge, desperate punt by the Rags.. huge fee, huge wages on a 29 year old with one injury free season... We've forced them into this, ain't it grand!

Kun, Tevez, Balo, Dzeko.. somehow think we'll muddle through ok...

RvP latest: Man United are preparing an improved bid - but Arsenal striker has NOT left German training camp
Contrary to reports, the Arsenal striker has not left the club's pre-season training camp in Germany to complete a move to Old Trafford - but Fergie is preparing a new bid

Sir Alex Ferguson is preparing a new bid to sign Robin van Persie.

Manchester United boss Ferguson has already had one bid turned down but his club are determined to beat off competition from Juventus and Manchester City.

But contrary to reports the Gunners striker, 29, has not left Arsenal's training camp in Germany.

He is still with the rest of the squad as they prepare for their ahead of their friendly in Cologne on Sunday.

United are expected to go back in this week but Arsenal have yet to receive a new offer with the board determined to hold out for £20m-plus.

Juventus have not yet given up, City boss Roberto Mancini has said publicly he does not think van Persie will join them and that leaves United in pole position.

United had an offer just less than £15m turned down last month and Ferguson has reservations about paying over the odds for a striker with a bad injury record and one year left on his contract.

A deal is still someway off yet and Arsenal remain optimistic that their summer spending spree may convince van Persie to stay.

But United are also growing in confidence that they will get their man.

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has spent more than £30m on Santi Cazorla, Lukas Podolski and Olivier Giroud in this transfer window.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/robin-van-persie-transfer-latest-1236407" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... st-1236407</a>

For some odd reason, I still get the feeling he might see out his final year at Arsenal and fuck off abroad for free, on a mega deal with signing on fee, next summer

carlos92 said:
Scholes has another season left in him and united rate Cleverley very highly ( I know bluemoon doesn't ). Still looks like there weakest position though especially if Anderson leaves.

they still need a CM don't see how ppl are missing that, rvp is great yea but our midfield will still run over there's again next year... and if we somehow get DDR? shiiiiit I wouldn't even show up

LongsightM13 said:
For some odd reason, I still get the feeling he might see out his final year at Arsenal and fuck off abroad for free, on a mega deal with signing on fee, next summer
Thats what i think will happen as well. I also think the rags are feeding the media to get their fans excited. 2 days ago Lucas was having a medical with them and now RVP will fly back from Germany because they called. i think its nothing more than good pr to show the fans that they can still turn everyones head.

it doesnt help that Dailymail is making it sound like RVP is depressed in Germany by taking training pictures from Arsenal.com where he's not smiling and avoid the pictures he's smiling at.

greasedupdeafguy said:
carlos92 said:
Scholes has another season left in him and united rate Cleverley very highly ( I know bluemoon doesn't ). Still looks like there weakest position though especially if Anderson leaves.

Another potential weak spot is at LB. I have doubts whether Scholes can last a full season. Still if they want to waste money on RvP then its their business. I am hoping we can do a bit of transfer business ourselves even if it is a couple of deals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.