robin van persie (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rags haven't even put a bid in for him yet (not that we have) and there's a hell of a lot of people saying that the entire Van Persie link with them is based on their desire to be seen to be in for for players during this IPO business. As one journalist put it "there's a hell of a lot of leaks coming out of United regarding their transfer business this summer, more than there's ever been"

My money is still on him staying at Arsenal and signing a 12 month contract extension.

Young said:
Let them sign, after RVP, they wouldn't have the cash for anyone else, and soon after, they will start to realize what they are actual problem is - the midfield and defense.

They have addressed their issue

Vidic back improves the centre half
RvP if true gets them more goal
Kagawa improves their midfield

But they could also drop Rooney into midfield whare he plays qa fair bit for the rags - stunned that people cant actually see the threat form the rags next season

dctid said:
Young said:
Let them sign, after RVP, they wouldn't have the cash for anyone else, and soon after, they will start to realize what they are actual problem is - the midfield and defense.

They have addressed their issue

Vidic back improves the centre half
RvP if true gets them more goal
Kagawa improves their midfield

But they could also drop Rooney into midfield whare he plays qa fair bit for the rags - stunned that people cant actually see the threat form the rags next season

They are a definite threat this coming season, as are Chelsea and Arsenal. I know people on this board don't like saying this but it's going to be a lot tougher than it was last season.

Still have my doubts.

29 years old.
Injury prone.
Prior to last season his goals scoring record was very poor.
Arsenal/Wenger valuation of the player.
His wage demands.
Would Arsenal sell him to United/
Is he really 'value in the market' as far as Bacon Face and United ae oncerned?

Guessing. £15mill transfer fee. 3/4 year contract, £175k-200k a week. Could the Glazer's stomach that?

jrb said:
Still have my doubts.

29 years old.
Injury prone.
Prior to last season his goals scoring record was very poor.
Arsenal/Wenger valuation of the player.
His wage demands.
Would Arsenal sell him to United/
Is he really 'value in the market' as far as Bacon Face and United ae oncerned?

Guessing. £15mill transfer fee. 3/4 year contract, £175k-200k a week. Could the Glazer's stomach that?

Probably would be able to stomach it,if there was a possibility of them reaching the last 16 of the CL,increasing gate money and TV money.

oakiecokie said:
lost_n_spaced said:
Thenumber1blue said:
8/1 with Skybet to come to us,anyone know if its worth taking.

Whatever you do, don't stick 500 quid on it............

:D

You`re pushing your fucking luck today sunshine !

Very glad that I'm able to make you happy when skies are grey. Sunshine.

Arsenal have published pictures of him training with them this afternoon. If they were even close to agreeing a fee he wouldn't be training.

I hope the rags sign him as it's yet another sign of their desperation, he will be great for a year but it will only paper over the cracks at their club.

kiam06 said:
I hope the rags sign him as it's yet another sign of their desperation, he will be great for a year but it will only paper over the cracks at their club.

i agree he would only paper over the cracks but it would be nicer to see those cracks exposed and watch them go into meltdown

Somewhat off topic but while we're at it am I the only one who thinks that kagawa would play the VdV role at united playing right behind the striker and not the modric role where ur more of a deep lying play maker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.