robin van persie (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
adrianr said:
charliebigspuds said:
they lost the league practically on goals scored last season and have probably just rectified that, this coming season is going to be interesting

No they didn't, they lost it because they shipped 6 at home to their rivals.

and played for a draw in the other game against their rivals and got fucked for it

charliebigspuds said:
they lost the league practically on goals scored last season and have probably just rectified that, this coming season is going to be interesting

Well yes, but I don't think the other strikers, Rooney especially, will be as prolific with RVP in the same team.

Let's not forget RVP has had ONE great season in his entire career, and that was for a team where he was made the captain, the main star of the club, where his attributes dictated how the team played. Every Arsenal player seemed to be under strict orders to "pass the ball to Robin no matter what".

That will not happen at Untied, nor anywhere else. If it does, just wait until Wayne goes on one of his long term dips in form.

I personally hope he will sign for United and I look forward to see it all backfire miserably.

will also be interesting how others are affected - Welbeck was probably expecting to play lots of games this season - Chicarito will be number 4 striker.

If Fergie wants to play RVP and Rooney they both like to come and get the ball so he may have to play around with his formation.

I expect RVP will make the Rags stronger but like if he comes to us he brings problems and at 22 mill plus big wages with no real sell on value he isn't that cheap.

onceabluealways said:
will also be interesting how others are affected - Welbeck was probably expecting to play lots of games this season - Chicarito will be number 4 striker.

If Fergie wants to play RVP and Rooney they both like to come and get the ball so he may have to play around with his formation.

I expect RVP will make the Rags stronger but like if he comes to us he brings problems and at 22 mill plus big wages with no real sell on value he isn't that cheap.

Add Henriquez into the mix,thats 5 strikers 6 if you include Berbaflop.

Someones out of the door! Other than Berbaflop i reckon

Matt the Giant said:
charliebigspuds said:

Well yes, but I don't think the other strikers, Rooney especially, will be as prolific with RVP in the same team.

Let's not forget RVP has had ONE great season in his entire career, and that was for a team where he was made the captain, the main star of the club, where his attributes dictated how the team played. Every Arsenal player seemed to be under strict orders to "pass the ball to Robin no matter what".

That will not happen at Untied, nor anywhere else. If it does, just wait until Wayne goes on one of his long term dips in form.

I personally hope he will sign for United and I look forward to see it all backfire miserably.

RVP and Rooney as a forward line is a scary prospect.
He has not had 'one good season', that is such a myth. He has been injury prone, yes, but he has been a very good player for a number of seasons.

Him and Rooney were top scorers last season, and you can't take that away from them.

I'm not saying we need RVP; we don't, but I will be a bit gutted if United get him.

Had a look at Arsenal Mania a short while ago and they're in virtual meltdown at the prospect of him going to the Rags. Some are even saying they'd sooner he came to us but the general view is that they shouldn't sell him to a direct rival, whether it be us or United. Kroenke is coming in for a lot of shit for not understanding the consequences of selling key players to direct rivals. To be fair, they've got a point.

Kun Aguero said:
Is Rooney And RVP Better Than Tevez And Aguero? I'm Not Sure.

Not better but it is up there with our forward line. Would rather have Dzeko and Balo though than their 3rd and 4th choice strikers. Lets face it, Rooney and RVP both had injury free seasons for the first time in a long time so they must be due one soon. If/when it happens then they are back to how they were last season...and look who won the league then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.