robin van persie (continued)

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Lots of differing opinions on here tonight. People need to stop flapping.

My opinion for what it is worth-Good player but a risky signing. Who cares anyway,I am sure that we have a few irons in the fire.

Got the usual texts from a rag tonight "Keep that trophy polished because RVP will be picking it up in May"!! My response- "£100 says we retain the trophy"..

He said "no"

Why did he say no, he must be typical rag shithouse that wont put his money where his mouth is. That reminds me, a pal of mine owes me 20 quid, he thought chicken burrito would get more than Edin ,,,,,ha ha

Danamy said:
bobmcfc said:
Danamy said:
Surprise Surprise

Have you got any juicy gossip to share danamy ? I feel Mancini is not going to be happy about losing van persie to that lot

Our interest in RVP stretches back a while now and he was only on the radar whilst we had the uncertainty of Tevez, so there's two ways of looking at it:

Have we missed out on RVP?
Are we better off by keeping Tevez?

I was always licking my lips at the prospect of RVP playing just behind Aguero but after being at Villa Park on Sunday I know which way I'm looking at it.
anything in the pipeline with city mate?

Arsenal fans at their mean-spirited worst after this but to be honest I'd have been pushed over the edge too by now if City, with Arsenal's size and resources, had followed the same pattern. It'd be like selling Silva, Yaya, and Aguero over a few seasons for no apparent reason because the finances are there to keep them if necessary.

I imagine the scum vs. Arsenal games are going to get some of their fire back and United might not be lucky enough to face Arsenal in crisis mode twice over like they did last season when they took 6pts.

Edit: Good gawd - <a class="postlink" href="http://arsenal-mania.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=154022&start=4080" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://arsenal-mania.com/forum/viewtopi ... start=4080</a>

Danamy said:
bobmcfc said:
Danamy said:
Surprise Surprise

Have you got any juicy gossip to share danamy ? I feel Mancini is not going to be happy about losing van persie to that lot

Our interest in RVP stretches back a while now and he was only on the radar whilst we had the uncertainty of Tevez, so there's two ways of looking at it:

I was always licking my lips at the prospect of RVP playing just behind Aguero but after being at Villa Park on Sunday I know which way I'm looking at it.

I'd rather have Tevez than RvP but can't same the same about Dzeko.

johnmc said:
bluemoonmatt said:
bearing in mind that most people (worth having) need their contracts renewing before the final year makes this effectively a three year deal. Leaves a lot of questions if you ask me.

Will they renew a 32 year olds contract ?
Is 24 million worth a 4 (3) year deal especially given such a shocking injury record? Why did they not just spend that 24 million signing Tevez (his release clause iirc)?

Smacks a bit of desperation to win back the title to put the "noisy neighbours" back in their place

32 is no age if you are still doing the business. If he is scoring at 32 then he will get a new contract. If he isn't then they let him go for not at 33.
I understand but usually (especially given ffp) clubs are starting to limit such large outlays to younger players only, not those pushing 30 and especially not those on first name terms with the medical staff. We spent a similar sum on Mario. We will either see many years of (hopefully) top top service from him or we'll receive a pretty large sell on fee. At 32 what will the rags get, especially if his injury issues flare up again.

Never wanted him. I would be much more happy with Tevez & Aguero.

Him and Rooney I just don't think will work because they both want the ball too much.
He is injury prone. Very injury prone.
He is 29, if I were United I would prefer to play Welbeck and let him grow rather than play a 29 year old.
And we all no that they are in a amazing financial position, and £20-odd million wouldn't hurt them.

OB1 said:
Danamy said:
bobmcfc said:

I'd rather have Tevez than RvP but can't same the same about Dzeko.
But RVP would not be signed to sit on the bench. False comparison. Once it was clear City had decided to keep Tevez, or he had decided to stay, it was obvious we weren't going to bid for him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.