robin van persie (continued)

brian the blue said:
whyalwaysLee said:
brian the blue said:
We didn't need him but I didn't want him to go to them seems to be the views of most blue's, which I agree with.

One thing people need to realise is we can't just buy players to stop others getting them. No doubt Van Persie's a quality player and he'll turn out to be a good signing for them in the short-term. But looking at this deal ignoring how important he may be to either team or whatever, they've paid £24million pounds and £220k a week for a player who is 29 and was in the last year of his contract. They've been ripped off and people wouldn't be happy on here if we had agreed that fee with them - well I know I wouldn't be anyway.

We paid 27 million for Dzeko who is only 2.5 years younger than RVP. If Van Persie scores 30 goals a season for the 4 years of his contract then it would be considered a bargain. I don't think he is gonna morph into steptoe as soon as he turns 30. Bergkamp played until he was 37. This is game on.

Didn't say it was a shit signing as such. Just that I feel that they've been ripped off. We paid £27million for Dzeko when he was what? 26? and he had a few years on his contract left - not 1.

24 I think he was.

my take on this... i was told we were after rvp regardless of whether we could offload tevez after the munich fiasco and rvp was up for the move. he made noises and refused to sign another contract as his head was turned. we had a happy tevez again recently and that probably did for rvp. with our current 4 strikers all staying, rvp would have plenty of bench time which wouldn t suit his ego.

he is imo a good signing for utd if he stays fit. its a gamble and a lot of money if it fails and they don t win anything.

lets just hope dzecko doesn t throw a wobbler in the next few weeks now rvp has gone!

fergie really should have bought the keane(esque) or beckham type of midfielder he craves (and needs)

i'm still very happy....bring on the saints!

whyalwaysLee said:
brian the blue said:
We didn't need him but I didn't want him to go to them seems to be the views of most blue's, which I agree with.

One thing people need to realise is we can't just buy players to stop others getting them. No doubt Van Persie's a quality player and he'll turn out to be a good signing for them in the short-term. But looking at this deal ignoring how important he may be to either team or whatever, they've paid £24million pounds and £220k a week for a player who is 29 and was in the last year of his contract. They've been ripped off and people wouldn't be happy on here if we had agreed that fee with them - well I know I wouldn't be anyway.

We paid 27 million for Dzeko who is only 2.5 years younger than RVP. If Van Persie scores 30 goals a season for the 4 years of his contract then it would be considered a bargain. I don't think he is gonna morph into steptoe as soon as he turns 30. Bergkamp played until he was 37. This is game on.

But we signed Edin 18 months ago making him 4 years younger at the time of transfer.

RVP was THE focus for the arse last year - he won't be at Old Shitford, not if the granny-shagger has anything to do with it. Also, don't both Camel-Face and Granny-Shagger have some kind of index-linked wage agreement linked to new signings? If RVP is coming in on more than either of them, their wages increase as well.

Given the choice between RVP/Rooney or Aguero/Tevez, I'd take our two every time.

LoveCity said:
Apparently Arsenal could be getting Chicharito in a separate deal. One step forward, two steps back all the time for Arsenal.

He would be a class signing for Arsenal IMO. Basically a poacher and they are always crying out for a finisher. He does fuck all else mind.

Is it just me or?

All channels are having a wank fest over the scum signing rvp for 23 million pound, not adding in his 200k a week wages to his transfer fee like they do when we buy a player, on mention that there spending is already at 40 million before a ball is kicked, and if and I mean big if

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.