robin van persie (continued)

Not seen any comments in the media about the huge fee and wages. Imagine if we'd done that, there'd be mock outrage and radio phone-ins

Football wise it should boost utd for a couple of seasons - but they can only spend the money once - that £24m plus wages package could have gone elsewhere on the team, and arguably should have done

And what happens to the players displaced? Welbeck and Hernandez are young players who were going to get better - their progress will be halted now

There are some big negatives for Utd to come out of this. namely the average age of the squad just rocketed and they can't replace all the ageing players now

Fergie's gambling on winning the title back in 1 season. if he doesn't the Utd era is over. They will be left with half a team to replace in 12 months with nothing in the pot to pay for it

Drewmanc said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Drewmanc said:
Boyblue i take that bet with you pal, nothing crippling call it a £10? I say Chelsea will finish top 4.
I said they will struggle, I think they will get top 4 but i will take a £10 bet utd finish higher than Chelsea

You yourself said Chelsea will struggle to finish top 4, take the bet offered unless you're gonna retract that statement and admit you were wrong!!
When I said struggle I did not mean not make it. I wont retract a statement which is still factually correct

Marvin said:
Not seen any comments in the media about the huge fee and wages. Imagine if we'd done that, there'd be mock outrage and radio phone-ins

Football wise it should boost utd for a couple of seasons - but they can only spend the money once - that £24m plus wages package could have gone elsewhere on the team, and arguably should have done

And what happens to the players displaced? Welbeck and Hernandez are young players who were going to get better - their progress will be halted now

There are some big negatives for Utd to come out of this. namely the average age of the squad just rocketed and they can't replace all the ageing players now

Fergie's gambling on winning the title back in 1 season. if he doesn't the Utd era is over. They will be left with half a team to replace in 12 months with nothing in the pot to pay for it

248869_300.jpg

Top work Marv.

Marvin said:

Take a bow mate that is a top post. Fully agree with you as well if they don't win it this year we'll dominate english football by ourselves for a very long time.

Drewmanc said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Drewmanc said:
Boyblue i take that bet with you pal, nothing crippling call it a £10? I say Chelsea will finish top 4.
I said they will struggle, I think they will get top 4 but i will take a £10 bet utd finish higher than Chelsea

You yourself said Chelsea will struggle to finish top 4, take the bet offered unless you're gonna retract that statement and admit you were wrong!!
Where did he say they will not make top 4?

Fuck rags and their signings ,why should we give a fuck about it,i think this thread should be closed,cause it just reminds me again of the incabilities of marwood the asshole

Armaan said:
Marvin said:

Take a bow mate that is a top post. Fully agree with you as well if they don't win it this year we'll dominate english football by ourselves for a very long time.
Think Chelsea will be our main title rivals this season. I think the Rags will fall away after January.

Biggest hing for me is that we are looking at the longer term picture.

With rags signing RVP it means that arguably 7 of there current first 11 are going to be over 30 in 12 months time.....

RVP
Ferdinand
Vidic
Evra
Giggs
Scholes
Carrick

Now maybe they feel they have replacements already for some of these......but not all ... That is some serious money they will need to find to replace these lot in next couple of years.

we however are already looking at our replacements...hence rodwell.

I for one like our long term outlook. We may lose the odd battle......but we will win the war !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.