robin van persie

Status
Not open for further replies.
VanPersie said:
Don't know why you paint him to be some sort of evil person, no other fans do apart from city fans on here.

I have no idea why either, to be honest.

Best answer I got was that his face was punchable. And something about a rape charge that in the end was dropped due to lack of evidence.

Anyway

Man City primed for Van Persie raid as Arsenal admit contract talks are on hold

Read more: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2060247/Robin-van-Persie-Arsenal-contract-talks-hold.html#ixzz1dR88PTrQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z1dR88PTrQ</a>

Contract talks on hold. Not looking good.

shikariblue said:
dref619 said:
Eastlands90 said:
Thats an insult to Dzeko as my grandmother is better than Van Persie.

Im sure she'll be overjoyed knowing that she is better than City's top scorer this season.

van persie is the best striker in the league atm, no doubt about it

Haha, okay. So how can we make our strikers better than Van Cockhead? I know, let's get rid of two of the 3 we have. Then, just stick him upfront and make him take all penalties and freekicks. You know what, just to top it off, let's give Balo the captaincy, even if he isn't the best mentally. And then just rely on him to score our goals :)
You can insult him all you want....but City will be in for him and will pay good fee for him.

Calcio said:
shikariblue said:
dref619 said:

Haha, okay. So how can we make our strikers better than Van Cockhead? I know, let's get rid of two of the 3 we have. Then, just stick him upfront and make him take all penalties and freekicks. You know what, just to top it off, let's give Balo the captaincy, even if he isn't the best mentally. And then just rely on him to score our goals :)
You can insult him all you want....but City will be in for him and will pay good fee for him.

Dream on.

Calcio said:
shikariblue said:
dref619 said:

Sorry, we are not a one man team like Arsenal, so we don't need to pay loads of money for a striker we don't need. I can't see him being happy being in a rotation system and not being the centrepiece. I can't see the fans being happy that this **** will be playing for us either. So at the end of the day, if City were to go in for him, they would wait until his contract runs out and get him for free. Still, he would be warming the bench a lot.

Really, Really cannot see this happening.

For a start, Arsenal have already sold us four very important players and therefore I very much doubt they would sell us anybody else, especially not the player who is the only reason why they are still in the top half! If he goes, I would struggle to see them having any form of European football next season.

Next, hasn't Van Persie said he is happy at Arsenal? If that is the case, why would he want to leave somewhere where he is happy, he's the captain, he's first choice and he's loved by all, for a club where he would be the fourth choice striker and would very rarely play more than three games in a row without being dropped.

Furthermore, if Arsenal were to sell him, what would they want for him? We can't bring any other striker in until Tevez has gone. That could be very difficult, as we need to find a club that both wants and can afford him. The additional problem we have now is, most clubs will now have a smaller valuation of him, but City are still determined to get his full value. Hence this could be a big problem.
And even with Tevez gone, we've still got people on the books such as Adebayor and Santa Cruz.

Personally I'd much rather see us have Adebayor as Tevez's replacement. If people think it would work having Van Persie as fourth choice, then surely it could work with Adebayor as well. Would save us a lot of money. I'd absolutely hate to see him join Spurs permanently because he is such a quality player and I still feel he has something to offer to the club. Despite what some think of him, he'd never have done what Tevez did.

LoveCity said:
dref619 said:
Eastlands90 said:
Thats an insult to Dzeko as my grandmother is better than Van Persie.

Im sure she'll be overjoyed knowing that she is better than City's top scorer this season.

I think there is some doubt though. Look at how our goals are spread out... now imagine we reverted to a situation like last season where we relied on one striker like Arsenal are doing, probably doubling said striker's chances without any other strikers in the team. He'd probably have more goals than Van Persie because even with our goals spread out, Dzeko has only 1 less than Van Persie and Aguero has 2 less than Van Persie.

look at what van persie is doing though. he is literally carrying them through. its difficult to say his service has been brilliant all season, because at times it just hasn't been. take the sunderland game for example, he single-handedly dragged the through that game. if he was at the top of a decent team, such as ours, i rec he'd have bagged another few. i don't really want him here as i don't see the need for another top class striker, but he is simply the best striker in the league atm. the only layer out-performing him for me is our dave

but it's not as if Arsenal are a bum team, even though they've lost some of their better players and have lost a few more matches than they're accustomed to losing of late.

RVP's holding his end up, but I think you still have to credit the team (even if off colour) for a little of his success, don't you?

(and I agree, if he were fronting up for us on balance he'd probably have scored more)

maybe not a popular choice with fans at first, but once he starts scoring that would all change.. personally i think hes a great player and would love him here

MCFCinUSA said:
but it's not as if Arsenal are a bum team, even though they've lost some of their better players and have lost a few more matches than they're accustomed to losing of late.

RVP's holding his end up, but I think you still have to credit the team (even if off colour) for a little of his success, don't you?

(and I agree, if he were fronting up for us on balance he'd probably have scored more)
The team absolutely deserve more credit for his goal than they are getting, specially Gervinho who has given him 5 assists, 4 which was tap ins after he beat his man and lay it on a plate for him. Arsenal isnt as good as they used to be, but going forward they are still very good and Van Persie has a team thats built around him and two wide men who focuses on providing him chances all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.