robin van persie

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think that the timing of the Podolski signing is revealing.

AW go him signed before the season's end because there was no guarantee of Arsenal finishing with a UCL position for next term. had he waited, he could have had no Podolski and no RVP.

as it stands, RVP sees the Tevezes and Rooneys of this league making so much more than him (and adding winners medals to their collections)... it has to make a man approaching 30 think that this may be his last chance to secure both.

LoveCity said:
Andouble said:
Babak Golriz ‏ @BabakGolriz
BREAKING NEWS: The respected & rarely if ever wrong @dimarziotweet says RVP is looking to move to Juve. Juve know his demands & up to them

Killer blow for Arsenal if he leaves, Podolski cannot score like that so they need to splash out big on a real goal scorer. Dare I suggest Huntelaar, some might say he's too slow but he's a predator in the box and Arsenal has a lot of good playmakers to feed him chances.

I really hope Van Persie doen't come. Not that he isn't talented but has no sell on value. People say Nasri has been a 'flop' but he is still young so has time on his side. Van Persie has 2 maybe 3 years at this level and lets not forget his injury problems. As Mancini said, he likes to buy young players. Bar Vieria, Yaya Toure is the oldest player he has Purchased ( Excluding Pizarro and Hargreaves) so it show Mancini vision. Its great news if he move to Juventus.

itisrising said:
LoveCity said:
Andouble said:
Babak Golriz ‏ @BabakGolriz
BREAKING NEWS: The respected & rarely if ever wrong @dimarziotweet says RVP is looking to move to Juve. Juve know his demands & up to them

Killer blow for Arsenal if he leaves, Podolski cannot score like that so they need to splash out big on a real goal scorer. Dare I suggest Huntelaar, some might say he's too slow but he's a predator in the box and Arsenal has a lot of good playmakers to feed him chances.

I really hope Van Persie doen't come. Not that he isn't talented but has no sell on value. People say Nasri has been a 'flop' but he is still young so has time on his side. Van Persie has 2 maybe 3 years at this level and lets not forget his injury problems. As Mancini said, he likes to buy young players. Bar Vieria, Yaya Toure is the oldest player he has Purchased ( Excluding Pizarro and Hargreaves) so it show Mancini vision. Its great news if he move to Juventus.

respectfully disagree.

i'm not advocating abandoning the longer view of squad building, nor do i think that Mancini et al would ever do so...

however, a healthy RVP over the next 3 seasons will aid us immensely in all competitions. that is to say: gives us a better chance of winning the 12 titles we will be competing for in that timeframe.

must keep that in focus.

SkyBlueCanuck said:
itisrising said:
LoveCity said:

respectfully disagree.

i'm not advocating abandoning the longer view of squad building, nor do i think that Mancini et al would ever do so...

however, a healthy RVP over the next 3 seasons will aid us immensely in all competitions. that is to say: gives us a better chance of winning the 12 titles we will be competing for in that timeframe.

must keep that in focus.

Hmmmm, on a side note Wenger has always liked Dzeko....what are the odds?

I know people are moving Dzeko to Germany or Italy, but I wouldnt be surprised if he stays in EPL (to me Arsenal, Tottenham, even Chelsea are all viable buyers given the status of their strike-force).

SkyBlueCanuck said:
itisrising said:
LoveCity said:

respectfully disagree.

must keep that in focus.

Van Persie is fantastic player, no doubt. But there are better strikers who are younger. I honestly believe if Van Persie signed that it would be like Theirry Henry signing for Barcelona. I would like a player like Higuain, Lewandowski etc. A player like Falcao would be ideal but Van Persie is approaching 29 and when he hit the magic age of 30, he value will drop.

EaglesFan said:

I know people are moving Dzeko to Germany or Italy, but I wouldnt be surprised if he stays in EPL (to me Arsenal, Tottenham, even Chelsea are all viable buyers given the status of their strike-force).

Would you bugger off and support Arsenal if Edin went there?

Seosa said:
EaglesFan said:

Would you bugger off and support Arsenal if Edin went there?

Dzeko must not be sold to a top Premier League team. At Arsenal, Spurs or Chelsea he'd be lethal.

If Van Persie goes to City that will be another league title and Arsenal out the frame for the title race and possibly race for fourth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.