robin van persie

Status
Not open for further replies.
southern muppet said:
Scotland_WC2010 said:
southern muppet said:
Llorente would comfortably be Arsenal's record signing then? He was being valued at £25m fairly recently

Definately, can't see Bilbao settling for under £25m. I'm not sure how legitamate the rumours are but it won't be long before we find out I guess.

If it's true then hopefully the board don't just think that's it and close up for the window. We need M'Vila or a player like him to shore up the midfield. Ideally we would get De Jong + cash for van Persie but I doubt you'd let him go.

The consensus at one point was that NDJ would probably be on his way at the end of the season but now it seems to be that he's turned it 'round and won't leave. No actual new deal signed as yet though and we're being linked with M'Vila ourselves, so who knows really.

Davs 19 said:
Bert Trautmann's Parachute said:
Hope you're wrong regarding van pissy, one injury away from the end of his career as a top-notch striker.

Much rather have Llorente tbh...

From what I've seen Llorente is effectively the same player as Dzeko.

I think that Llorente is the player I thought Dzeko would have been. No real downer on Edin, but a £27 mill player shouldn't rely on confidence quite as much....

Llorente is technically superior to Dzeko but Dzeko has a better eye for goal IMO, he's a real goal poacher who we haven't fully utilized to his strengths.

I've hated RVP since the Adebayor incident but two things make me think that if he comes I could live with it...

1. I hated Platt (I hate a lot of people 'cos a lot of people have disrespected City over the years). But I can live with him now. I don't particularly like him but I definitely don't dislike him anymore. I respect that Mancini likes him and he's helped make us better (as much as anyone else in the coaching staff has). So maybe RVP would do/say enough or keep his mouth shut enough that I'd accept him too.

and

2. Once I get over the personal thing it's hard not to think that he'd bring a lot to our team. It's not just the goals - it's the interplay with the rest of the team. I think he'd fit right in and could really push us on.

I'm not hoping this comes off but I'm not dreading it anymore.

(BTW I'd have accepted Rooney when he was rumoured to come too despite hating him for years, but then he stayed and I was delighted. I raised my hate levels even further and now my eyes water even typing his name. So if RVP stays at Arsenal I plan on ratcheting up my hate there too :-) Aaaargh!!! Internet rage!!!!)

I presume no one read this so I don't feel guilty for just rabbiting on.

Pressing Submit instead of just deleting....

C_T_I_D said:
I really don't want Van Persie. He comes accross as a total **** of a personality. I'd put him in the same category as Rooney as players I couldn't take to in a City shirt. Just something about him that I don't like.
I don´t want him here neither for several reasons but to compare him to Rooney is harsh to say the least.

nehe11 said:
C_T_I_D said:
I really don't want Van Persie. He comes accross as a total **** of a personality. I'd put him in the same category as Rooney as players I couldn't take to in a City shirt. Just something about him that I don't like.
I don´t want him here neither for several reasons but to compare him to Rooney is harsh to say the least.
My thoughts exactly Rooneys a scum bag and no way would he only get 1 yellow if he was playing for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.