robin van persie

Status
Not open for further replies.
southern muppet said:
Scotland_WC2010 said:
Rumours that we've agreed terms with Llorente and that the transfer will be announced on tuesday. If that's true then van Persie is as good as City's

Llorente would comfortably be Arsenal's record signing then? He was being valued at £25m fairly recently

Definately, can't see Bilbao settling for under £25m. I'm not sure how legitamate the rumours are but it won't be long before we find out I guess.

If it's true then hopefully the board don't just think that's it and close up for the window. We need M'Vila or a player like him to shore up the midfield. Ideally we would get De Jong + cash for van Persie but I doubt you'd let him go.

Bert Trautmann's Parachute said:
Scotland_WC2010 said:
Rumours that we've agreed terms with Llorente and that the transfer will be announced on tuesday. If that's true then van Persie is as good as City's
Hope you're wrong regarding van pissy, one injury away from the end of his career as a top-notch striker.

Much rather have Llorente tbh...

Scotland_WC2010 said:
southern muppet said:
Scotland_WC2010 said:

Llorente would comfortably be Arsenal's record signing then? He was being valued at £25m fairly recently

Definately, can't see Bilbao settling for under £25m. I'm not sure how legitamate the rumours are but it won't be long before we find out I guess.

If it's true then hopefully the board don't just think that's it and close up for the window. We need M'Vila or a player like him to shore up the midfield. Ideally we would get De Jong + cash for van Persie but I doubt you'd let him go.

The consensus at one point was that NDJ would probably be on his way at the end of the season but now it seems to be that he's turned it 'round and won't leave. No actual new deal signed as yet though and we're being linked with M'Vila ourselves, so who knows really.

Davs 19 said:
Bert Trautmann's Parachute said:
Scotland_WC2010 said:
Hope you're wrong regarding van pissy, one injury away from the end of his career as a top-notch striker.

Much rather have Llorente tbh...

From what I've seen Llorente is effectively the same player as Dzeko.

Llorente would be great with Van Persie but as the one Arsenal rely on? He's not that prolific a goal scorer compared to some of the top strikers (like RVP) and he could struggle for a while to adapt to England (like Dzeko).

LoveCity said:
Llorente would be great with Van Persie but as the one Arsenal rely on? He's not that prolific a goal scorer compared to some of the top strikers (like RVP) and he could struggle for a while to adapt to England (like Dzeko).

IF they are buying Llorente, I struggle to see them keeping RVP given that they also have bought Podolski

I'm just going to take it as a bullshit rumour. I don't even think we'd sign a new striker if van Persie left, we've already got Poldolski who is basically van Persie lite and then Joel Campbell as backup if he gets a work permit.

I loved the supposed £8m + Chamakh offer for Giroud, that would be incredible but I doubt Montpellier are stupid enough to accept that.

Is there any indication that De Jong actually wants to leave?

I really don't want Van Persie. He comes accross as a total **** of a personality. I'd put him in the same category as Rooney as players I couldn't take to in a City shirt. Just something about him that I don't like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.