robin van persie

Status
Not open for further replies.
mcfcdjr said:
blueinsa said:
Mario is going nowhere. If RVP arrives its at the expense of Carlos or Edin.

Mario sorts his head out and matures and he will without doubt become one of the best forwards of all time.

We saw a glimpse of what a switched on Mario can do against QPR. For me he was the game changer. Plenty of effort chasing back and very direct in terms of attacking. Sure I read somewhere he had 14 shots in that 20 mins or so he was on ?

Even with all the shit that surrounds him I really think winning the title this year will mature him and next season (hopefully) we will get to see the real Mario Balotelli :)

Agreed. I think us winning the title will also focus Mario's mind in that he really is at a big club. One that can make him into a world star. With he exception of Real Madrid and Barca, there is no better club in Europe now than us. Top wages, surrounded by world class players and maximum exposure.

He is a lucky lad and hopefully, he is just waking up to the fact :-)

How long will RVP last for. He's injury prone and his appearances reflect that.
As good as a season he's had this year...can that be done again?

It's a very expensive gamble. I wouldn't take it. Let him stay at Arsenal for another year and then walk for nothing. Knowing he would be going on a free at the end of next season would ruin Arsenal's chances in the league just as much as if he left this summer.

Get in younger players. We have a good nucleus now.

Let's hope this isn't true! He's a great player don't get me wrong but do we really need him? I'd prefer somebody younger like Cavani, who will obviously cost a bit more. He has one ubievable season under a great manager in the right team and tactics and now everyone wants him. Call me what you want but in my opinion he will do what dzeko did at the start of this season. Amazing start and then he'll burn out!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I think the problem is, RVP is seen as Mr. Arsenal, he's just one of those players that should end their careers at the club they're currently at (Lampard, Terry, Gerrard), add in his injury record and his age and I'd rather go for a younger, hungrier forward (Cavani, Falcao).

I wonder if we sign RVP will he get the same bullshit that Nasri did ? As far as I can see this situations are almost identical ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.