Robinho, Barcelona again . . .

Perhaps we could come to an agreement with Barca. They pay us half of the original transfer fee and we have him for our home games and they have him for their home games. He's useless away, so we all end up winners. No?

Tricky_Trev said:
I never thought i'd ever feel like this when we signed him, but i'm not really arsed whether he stays or goes. If he stays longer than another 6-12 months, then great. If he leaves, we'll bring someone else in. Ashley Young might be available, particularly if Villa don't qualify for Europe this season (not unfeasible). Or, we may join the race for Ribery and blow everyone out of the water. Both these players are more consistent than Robbie and better suited to the premier league, so in a way, we could end up stronger! I'm not fussed either way to be honest.

Ashley Young as a replacement for Robbie? Get a grip!

Not arsed either way to be honest if he stays then he will need to up his performance at least 30% to get anywhere near the level of commitment and performance Bellamy showed at Portsmouth.

Oh and that's without how many fookin times in a game he loses the ball and doesn't track back to cover his mistake.

SWP can be guilty of losing the ball (mostly because some hairy arsed defender has clobbered him) but he always tracks back to help the midfield or defence.

PaulPowre said:
Not arsed either way to be honest if he stays then he will need to up his performance at least 30% to get anywhere near the level of commitment and performance Bellamy showed at Portsmouth.

Oh and that's without how many fookin times in a game he loses the ball and doesn't track back to cover his mistake.

SWP can be guilty of losing the ball (mostly because some hairy arsed defender has clobbered him) but he always tracks back to help the midfield or defence.

As a big Robinho fan, it makes me really bemused to read opinions like this one about him. To be fair, perhaps he should go to somewhere like Barcelona where the fans are used to having fantastic players, and know how to treat them. I've come to the conclusion that we've been judging players for so long on 'workrate' and 'committment', that we can't see the wood for the trees when it comes to Robinho. How many City players over the last twenty years have even appeared on Barcelona's radar? Now we have one, we can't wait to get rid of him. YCNMIU.

I was absolutely gutted when I read those quotes.

We all know Robinho deserves Champions League football, a player of his calibre should be playing at the highest level... but I thought (or hoped) that when the time came both parties could just go their separate ways, in a respectable fashion, but these quotes leave a bitter taste in the mouth.

It's tantamount to watching your girlfriend raise her skirt to a group of lads and hurl the tell tale sultry "come and get me" smile in their direction.

It hurts. It really does - and I'm not afraid to admit it.

I find it hard to read about our most talented player giving another club the "come on", flirting away while he still wears the our sky blue. It has echoes of the Ronaldo to Madrid saga, and to be perfectly honest I don't think I could take that.

Those quotes are obviously new, since he mentions playing alongside Ibrahimovic, I just hope when he does eventually leave it's not under bad terms and we can look back upon his time at City with fond memories.

Tricky_Trev said:
I never thought i'd ever feel like this when we signed him, but i'm not really arsed whether he stays or goes. If he stays longer than another 6-12 months, then great. If he leaves, we'll bring someone else in. Ashley Young might be available, particularly if Villa don't qualify for Europe this season (not unfeasible). Or, we may join the race for Ribery and blow everyone out of the water. Both these players are more consistent than Robbie and better suited to the premier league, so in a way, we could end up stronger! I'm not fussed either way to be honest.

I like the way you're thinking!

Maybe he might stay & settle in and this is all smoke without fire, but maybe it isn't... who knows and so what... as you say.

PS Tricky Trev - the Black Sean Connery or the 1 million quid boy bought by Cloughie?

;o)

US_Citizen said:
This is a repost different site same quotes. Robinho is just flattered that the European champions are interested in him. As City should be flattered too that the European champions want players on City's team. Don't act like Arsenal fans and turn on players because other clubs want them.

If you're referring to the Adebayor situation, then you're completely wrong. The fans turned on him because of his lack of effort, his ever growing ego and his wage demands after just one good season.

Well i am bothered if he goes! Just hope hes not being shown the door ala Dunne.

Robbie can change matches in a split second, i know people go on about how well bellamy is doing and I agree, but he was truely awful in our last match. A match where i feel a player of rohinhos flair could have finished it totally.

Also i believe he realy does love the club and fans, but isnt a mark hughes kind of "player".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.