Robinho: first barca then santos then barca now besiktas

GStar said:
Kinky by name said:
Sadly, they want so desperately for him to be a success

I wouldn't say im a 'Robinho Inner' but i think his actions are way over analysed on here and the stick he gets generally doesn't make sense to me.

He came to us because he spat his dummy out at Madrid and was known for being tempremental. So don't go crying when he does it again.

He wasn't fancied by Mancini, that was pretty obvious, so why not let a player our manager didn't figure would be part of our plans go off on loan? its not like we particularly missed him.

He'll answer questions which will be spun into stories and taken out of context whilst people get bitter and woman and moan about him at every oppourtuntity. Top scorer (2nd only to Ronaldo in his first season) and then fractures his ankle, doesnt get a run out and goes out on loan. If you all really didn't give a fuck about him you'd comment on something you actually did.

Plus, this bit i've quoted... i'm glad people actually want players to succeed here. I desperately hoped Samaras would succeed too, for example... i hate villifying players, i want them all to out do expectations no matter what.

I bet if he comes back, scores on the opening day of the season everyone will be chanting "We've got Robinho" all over again.
Top post mate.

10.Goater_Legend said:
GStar said:
I wouldn't say im a 'Robinho Inner' but i think his actions are way over analysed on here and the stick he gets generally doesn't make sense to me.

He came to us because he spat his dummy out at Madrid and was known for being tempremental. So don't go crying when he does it again.

He wasn't fancied by Mancini, that was pretty obvious, so why not let a player our manager didn't figure would be part of our plans go off on loan? its not like we particularly missed him.

He'll answer questions which will be spun into stories and taken out of context whilst people get bitter and woman and moan about him at every oppourtuntity. Top scorer (2nd only to Ronaldo in his first season) and then fractures his ankle, doesnt get a run out and goes out on loan. If you all really didn't give a fuck about him you'd comment on something you actually did.

Plus, this bit i've quoted... i'm glad people actually want players to succeed here. I desperately hoped Samaras would succeed too, for example... i hate villifying players, i want them all to out do expectations no matter what.

I bet if he comes back, scores on the opening day of the season everyone will be chanting "We've got Robinho" all over again.
Top post mate.

He's basically re-hashed what i put ;)

Ticket For Schalke said:
Fans are fickle, well all fans are, but some are extreme, when he's scoring hat tricks against stoke, his work rate was never questioned.

I don't think in this case it is fans being fickle. Robhino has
alienated himself from City fans by his constant outbursts
about how he doesn't want to return to our club. That's his
choice, well it is if anyone can afford him, but he can't then
expect City fans to still applaud him. Those that choose to do so
are partially right, in that he did score 15 and have a few assists,
but they are dismissing the fact that he is totally disrespecting our
club everytime he opens his mouth. His contribution to the club is
minimal and he will never be world class simply because he hasn't
got the bottle.

Ticket For Schalke said:
Kinky by name said:
It's too far gone now, he's had too much of his own way and he's learned there are no consequences to be paid for behaving like a brat. He sulks, he gets; he stamps his feet and is allowed to showcase his talent to be picked for Brazil because that's what he wants. Fucking shocking state of affairs on every level. I hear what his admirers say on here and I agree with all the positives but it's them who he's hurt the most. Sadly, they want so desperately for him to be a success they will produce all manner of complex arguments to justify what he has done... but they know it sounds hollow. He needs to go and go quickly or he'll turn into something we're going to regret far more than we are doing now. My own view is that he is a fucking disgrace for his attitude and statements but if he leaves quitely now I'll agree to it being passed off as right face, right place, wrong time and just move on.

Im not hurt by him, afterall mate he's human, he's from brazil, we have nothing in common with him.

i think we can learn from the robbie saga, as lets be honest, he was the trailblazer, as fans we have not seen a profile as big as his before up close, and usually expect honest pro's.

what does annoy me is how hypocrtical some people are. we should just be grateful we have seen an outstanding footballer grace our hallow turf.

not saying your a hypocrite, just people on here in general, i echo your post mate, and agree, but i wont be slagging him off, after watching him last season, especially at home, it was a pleasure to pay to see him.

is this not the point of what kinky was saying to me it is!

we had a world class player come to us with outstanding ability gave us a show of what he can do in his first season knowing that more big players around him in the next couple of seasons it would only get better.

i even expected him in the next season to bag double his goals previous but he got his injury which was a major setback but for some reason when he came back did not look up for the fight to get his place back and prove the player he is.

even me as a man of 36 years felt gutted that we seem to be losing such a player as robbie because lets be honest he turned into a mard arse and in all honesty could of become a legend over the next 4 years, many more players will come and go the likes of robbie but he was the start of a new era that should of taken city forward but sadly that is not to be.

i have never booed a player in my life concerning city but if robbie was to come back which i very much doubt i would not boo him but i can tell you it would take a while for me to cheer him knowing that he really does not want to be here.

For all these rants he's made, have they ever been done in english? or are they just snippets being taken out of interviews, as im sure the english media dont want to show the good bit of the interview, just cause a stir.

We've all seen how things like when we translate things, ssn and other media outlets prob use babel fish aswell.

I don't like the guy, I've stated that before. I wasn't a massive fan even when he was playing well for us because he goes down too easily which is something I hate. All players do it from time to time, he did it constantly.He also has a penchant for step-overs which I despise and always have (Mancini does them best and I don't like them when he does them either). However I'd love for him to do well for us, as would any City fan. It doesn't make me fickle! If he comes here and plays well then he gets supported, nothing unusual about that. If he continually talks about where else he'd like to play and never once says "I'd really love to get back into the City side and show the fans just what I can do" or words to that effect then people get a bit sick of him. Are any of you in the least bit supprised?

I don't for one minute think he's one of the best players in the world and until he proves otherwise (which he has failed to do throughout his career so far) then that won't change. He can sometimes play some sublime football but its eratic. Players like Messi, Torres, Villa, Rooney, Gerrard, Ronaldo,etc all have poor runs of form but more often than not can be counted on to be the difference between a good team and a great team. Robinho hasn't achieved this consistantly yet. He has only achieved it on the odd occasion.

I will be watching him carefully this World Cup and if he plays to his full potential he will be great. I will then hope he has a change of heart and desperately want to prove himself at City. I have a feeling he wont though but I'm here to be proved wrong.<br /><br />-- Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:03 am --<br /><br />
Ticket For Schalke said:
For all these rants he's made, have they ever been done in english? or are they just snippets being taken out of interviews, as im sure the english media dont want to show the good bit of the interview, just cause a stir.

We've all seen how things like when we translate things, ssn and other media outlets prob use babel fish aswell.
If this was the case wouldn't mcfc.co.uk put the good bits about him wanting to get back into the City side on the OS? Or are the club part of the conspiracy to attack their own player?

Ticket For Schalke said:
Fuzzmaster101 said:

If this was the case wouldn't mcfc.co.uk put the good bits about him wanting to get back into the City side on the OS? Or are the club part of the conspiracy to attack their own player?

Because if you do it once, you then set the precedence, that when ever a negative story is realesed they have to comment on it every time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.