Robinho has to be in our 1st 11

bugsyblue said:
brady0 said:
im sorry but robinhos finishing is not top notch. hes a good goalscorer and scores some beautys but hes not a top finisher. he falls apart in one on ones with the keeper.

Sorry but I think Robinho is probably the best goal scorer in the prem bar Torrres and Drogba. He's definitely up there with Anelka fighting for 3rd spot.
I agree, outside players that are truely out and out goalscorers he is the best finisher I have seen.

DontLookBackInAnger said:
bugsyblue said:
Sorry but I think Robinho is probably the best goal scorer in the prem bar Torrres and Drogba. He's definitely up there with Anelka fighting for 3rd spot.
I agree, outside players that are truely out and out goalscorers he is the best finisher I have seen.

True, but so is Bellamy.

I think regarding whether or not Robbie gets back in the team - much will depend upon his desire to fight for his place. Last season we saw his best and his worst in terms of desire and hunger in matches. This season the difference is that if he's not up to it - he will most certainly lose his place...

FWIW, I think playing him in the hole, with Tevez from the right and Bellamy from the left is one solution - but that means sacrificing one of De Jong, Ireland, or Barry - plus sacrificing SWP...it's a nice problem to have in a way...

I've been thinking about this - and we actually have a Champions League squad, without the games, which is what makes selection so difficult sometimes. I would like us to keep hold of everyone we have, and finish at least 4th - because then next season we would certainly have the depth required to go for an all out assault in all competitions...

DontLookBackInAnger said:
bugsyblue said:

Strange....i love the guy and want him in the team, but to say he is up there as a top finisher is way off the mark.

I would say that finishing/shooting is perhaps Robinho's weakest aspect (And i don't count sublime one off finishes such as the goal against Arsenal).

We win a few games without Rob and we don't need him. We lose a few games with Rob and he's shit.

The year is 2009 and modern football clubs achieve success by having strength and depth in their squads.

Robinho is world class, he doesn't need to worry, he'll get his chance and he'll score his fair share. Obviously we'll all concentrate on his lack of tackling abilities as opposed to his world class attacking play but then that's just the nature of BM.

I can remember when Gelson was 'the new viera' (I think he'd played a game we won) and I remember him being 'the crab' (he'd possibly played a game we'd lost).

We all know now that Bellamy will be slagged to fuck the next time he goes 90mins without playing a blinder.

brady0 said:
mike24 said:
I agree mate. He has to play for me simply because he is so good! His finishing is top notch and his passing is brilliant too. Yes he drifts in and out of games but he has to start for me.

Play bellamy wide left to help bridge and swp/tevez on the right with ade and robinho up front......simples

He was our top scorer last season!

im sorry but robinhos finishing is not top notch. hes a good goalscorer and scores some beautys but hes not a top finisher. he falls apart in one on ones with the keeper.

Brady.....

I was going to list all the one on ones he has scored and tell you how good at finishing he is but instead you can just crawl out from under that rock you have been living under for the past season and watch this easy to follow video...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=820d4qkBd-k[/youtube]

Can't wait to have Robinho back. He wasn't on fire during the 3 games he played at the start of the season but he still had a hand in 3 of our 4 goals scored and this break will do him the world of good as he had a long summer playing for Brazil. Against the lesser sides that will sit back and invite you to come at them like Fulham in the cup we need a player like Robinho as he's got the ability to pick a pass better than most if not all our other attacking players and i can't knock Bellamy to be honest as he's been excellent in the last 5 games or so but i'm sure Hughes will find a place for Robbie once fully fit and i'd rather have Robbie in the side than Tevez if it came down to that

There shouldn't be any player who 'has' to be in the team. We're building a very competitive squad where players have to be at their best to remain in the side. In the last few weeks we've seen De Jong take his chance very well for example. Competition for places is important.

We'll also be changing the side depending on who we are against. Horses for courses and all that.

No way can Bellers be dropped. It would be Tevez or SWP making way right now. In games against the 'lesser' teams at home I can see SWP making way but in other games we need his work-rate and defensive contribution. 2 from 3 on rotation. Robby has no divine right to be in the team. When he gets in he has to earn the right of an automatic start. Not done that yet for me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.