Robinho has to be in our 1st 11

theholyswan said:
brady0 said:
im sorry but robinhos finishing is not top notch. hes a good goalscorer and scores some beautys but hes not a top finisher. he falls apart in one on ones with the keeper.

Take it you didn't see the Arsenal Home game last season? or the Everton away?

...or stoke at home, blackburn away (in the last few seconds) portsmouth at home etc

Lord BLue said:
um, its a squad game. sometimes Robinho will start sometimes he won't. simples

Fully agree pal
Some on here need to realise that this is a squad game and Hughes will not just pick teams based on form, players will be rested when Hughes feels it right to
We all have different opinions of who should or shouldnt play but my choice virtually changes from week to week depending on who/where we are playing.
Thats why I believe our squad (especially midfield/forwards) is up there with the best, if not the best, in the league (well, on paper anyway).
All we need now is the 'winning mentality' which comes with experience.

The way I see things is that if MH thinks the player is going to be effective against whoever we are playing on the day , then I trust him to make the right selection. Nobody has a right to be in the team just because of who they are or how much they cost (which isnt the case anyway).

And only 2-3 seasons ago we could not have dreamed about having the likes of Robinho on the bench.

The only problem MH as is keeping all the players happy. Nobody is going to want to be dropped and I hope that they are pro enough to understand that its a TEAM effort and not a one man show.

Something I want to say too, a few people need to get it into their heads that if somebody has an opinion on a player and its a negative one, this does not mean they are a "HATER". Otherwise there is no point in even being here. Thinks are not always so black and white. I pick fault with my missus everyday but it does not mean I hate her . . . . . . . . . . . . . . well not all the time:)

Robinho will get games, if Bellamy is on form, he stays, if Ireland is not performing, robinho will play his position.

Robinho is the most skillful and versatile player we have at the club, if he has the free role in front of De Jong and Barry, he will be happy.

One of the best players in the world, he will play in any forward position if any player is injured or suspended or of form.

He makes the Brazil team on the left, because Bellamy thankfully for him is not Brazilian.

Thread over

Bigga said:
theholyswan said:
I do agree with this, he does slow counter attacks down. Hopefully he wont have tracked back anyway and will be half way up the pitch to begin with.

PMSL!!

PLEASE tell me you know WHY he slows them down?!!

Very simple he hangs onto the ball too long enabling defenders to get goal side.

Robinho NEEDS to play behind Ade but in front of the midfield, like where Tevez did against Villa.

Put him there and give him a little protection by Bellers/Ade/SWP/De Jong, and he'd make defenders explode.

Damocles said:
Robinho NEEDS to play behind Ade but in front of the midfield, like where Tevez did against Villa.

Put him there and give him a little protection by Bellers/Ade/SWP/De Jong, and he'd make defenders explode.

SWP's form this season has been terrible.

theholyswan said:
With Robinho being laid off for the past few games i think people have forgotten exactly how good he is.

After watching the Villa game it made me realise that we really miss a play maker, someone with a trick up his sleeve who can take on a defender. Before Ireland came on we had no answers to the puzzle that was unlocking the Villa defence.

Robinho can have his off games but i dont think we have a player that is as skillful and flamboyant as Robinho and this is something that all the great teams have. Adebayor has skill but he seems clumsy with it and his job is done elsewhere(Goal Scoring).

Therefore he has to be in our starting 11 and even if he does have an "off game" with the bench we have these days he can always be replaced if he is not being effective or the opposition are kicking him out of the game.

One for you to mull over there Hughesy.

Agree, its a no brainer

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.