Robinho has to be in our 1st 11

theholyswan

With Robinho being laid off for the past few games i think people have forgotten exactly how good he is.

After watching the Villa game it made me realise that we really miss a play maker, someone with a trick up his sleeve who can take on a defender. Before Ireland came on we had no answers to the puzzle that was unlocking the Villa defence.

Robinho can have his off games but i dont think we have a player that is as skillful and flamboyant as Robinho and this is something that all the great teams have. Adebayor has skill but he seems clumsy with it and his job is done elsewhere(Goal Scoring).

Therefore he has to be in our starting 11 and even if he does have an "off game" with the bench we have these days he can always be replaced if he is not being effective or the opposition are kicking him out of the game.

One for you to mull over there Hughesy.

to be fair its getting boring now

tevez RW Robbie LW...swp-bench Bellers Just behind Ade....simples!!!

I just can't see, on current form, how you can play Robinho. He doesn't give you the work rate required, or have the pace, for a striker alongside Adebayor and Bellamy is a shoe in for the left hand side based on how well he's done thus far. Where would Robinho play? Can he play on the right in place of SWP (who hasn't been at his best yet)? Possibly I suppose, but it's not certain.

Robbie needs to go and buy a good cushion, he will be needing it.

with adebayor now playing up top for us! we can play robinho in a free role behind ade! this will be perfect for him and he can drift all over poping up for the ball! i think this is his favored position rather than out on the left!

Matty said:
I just can't see, on current form, how you can play Robinho. He doesn't give you the work rate required, or have the pace, for a striker alongside Adebayor and Bellamy is a shoe in for the left hand side based on how well he's done thus far. Where would Robinho play? Can he play on the right in place of SWP (who hasn't been at his best yet)? Possibly I suppose, but it's not certain.

I along with everyone love to see a player with workrate, i just think the Villa game highlighted our need for a bit of creativity against well organised defences. Ireland has got this but when its left up to him i think he becomes a bit overwhelmed, highlighting another reason for reuniting the Ireland Robinho partnership.....

P.s isn't it great how our worries and concerns these days are all about who should we play out of our selection of superstars. Good Times

I agree mate. He has to play for me simply because he is so good! His finishing is top notch and his passing is brilliant too. Yes he drifts in and out of games but he has to start for me.

Play bellamy wide left to help bridge and swp/tevez on the right with ade and robinho up front......simples

He was our top scorer last season!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.