Robinho - 'Of Course I'd Enjoy Playing for Barca'

C_T_I_D said:
And yet if you asked the other 19 premiership clubs if they would like Robinho I doubt they'd be few who would say no.

There are so many examples I could give you of players you'd consider top notch who have taken time to get used to the premiership.

You fail to consider that he can turn a game on its head in an instant and can create something out of nothing. For that reason alone, he must play as it puts him in as the 'wild card'. He draws defenders onto him and creates space for other players to exploit. He scores. He gets assists.

Tell me this. Before we got him Chelsea wanted him / thought he was as good as signed. Now Barcelona are interested in him. For Barcelona to want a former Real Madrid player knowing what controversy it will inevitably cause, surely he must be doing something right or they know the qualities he can bring to the team ahead of Thierry Henry potentially - agreed?

I presume this is aimed at me?

Name a moment that he 'turned a game on its head'. And by that I mean when we were down and out and he rescued it, things that Ronaldo, Gerrard, Henry, Lampard have been doing for years. If you're gonna mention Blackburn away, then I think if you recall Danny Sturridge came off the bench, scored and had the vision to pick up Robinho. He CAN score - but he did NOT for 4 months, because he is soft mentally. The amount of people that were like 'oh, what if he leaves because Elano has gone?' - what does that say about him? You didn't see Nani waiting to escape the rags this summer after Ronaldo left.

What you don't seem to understand is that the Spanish league is different to ours. Yeah he would be great for Barca and as a replacement for Henry. But Steve McManaman was great for Madrid and then he came to us. And he was fucking terrible. Dabo was a hero for Lazio, he came to us and he was fucking shite. So just because Barca are interested in him doesn't make him an unbelievable Premier League player.

And with regards to the Chelsea situation. I was chuffed that we had bought him because it was a statement more than anything. And my best mate is a huge Chelsea fan who goes every week and he was gutted they didn't get him. But I took the said mate to Palace away this season, and after the game he said 'I finally understand why you think Robinho is overrated as his input off the ball is none existent'.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009</a> ... ester-city

The Fat el Hombre said:
rastus said:
If hes not suited to the Pl in his 1st season he was awesome and we now will reap the benefits of his learning curve. If he fooks off now and is replaced by Rubbery in Jan for example he wont be suited to the Pl, mid season even more difficult.
He is now PL experienced, if he goes it should be in the summer not Jan

No, Robbie could play 10 years in the prem and could still struggle to adapt to the league because it's so physical and he's so feeble.

You could say Zola, Arshavin and players like that were feeble but certainly in Zola's case he proved that what he does on the ball matters more than having physical attributes

I wasn't a fan of Craig Bellamy when he signed and admit he's surprised me at how well he's done recently but lets not get carried away players do go through spells where they play well but the way people are going is like Craig Bellamy has been excellent for a long period when thats not the case. He played very well against Blackburn, Arsenal, United and Villa but for me hasn't been that great in the games against Pompey, Fulham and West Ham

Remember watching him play against Liverpool and Everton away and had good games!

Against Liverpool he was attracting 4 players too him and then releasing the ball to teamates to exploit the extra space he had created!

R u trying to tell me Liverpool are no longer classed as a big club!

14 Goals in his first premiership season!

Imagine what he could do this season with better players around him!

A truely great player I would sorely miss if he were to leave!!

jhg1989 said:
MCFC_Freestyler said:
Oh well see you later robbie, i ain't arsed to be honest, he's been awesome at times, but he's been shit more than awesome, if we play just as good without him i'm happy.

You just don't come out and say things like he has, totallly dis-respectful, if you wanna play for them then keep it to yourself, don't go blabbing it off, he probably thinks he will be top man at Barca, he's got that wrong.

Same views mate! I don't think I have honestly stopped this season and thought - I wish Robinho was playing!

Bad thing is I have him on my shirt :(

haha

Get Ribery in, all will be forgot in no time.

liamctid said:
C_T_I_D said:
And yet if you asked the other 19 premiership clubs if they would like Robinho I doubt they'd be few who would say no.

There are so many examples I could give you of players you'd consider top notch who have taken time to get used to the premiership.

You fail to consider that he can turn a game on its head in an instant and can create something out of nothing. For that reason alone, he must play as it puts him in as the 'wild card'. He draws defenders onto him and creates space for other players to exploit. He scores. He gets assists.

Tell me this. Before we got him Chelsea wanted him / thought he was as good as signed. Now Barcelona are interested in him. For Barcelona to want a former Real Madrid player knowing what controversy it will inevitably cause, surely he must be doing something right or they know the qualities he can bring to the team ahead of Thierry Henry potentially - agreed?

I presume this is aimed at me?

Name a moment that he 'turned a game on its head'. And by that I mean when we were down and out and he rescued it, things that Ronaldo, Gerrard, Henry, Lampard have been doing for years. If you're gonna mention Blackburn away, then I think if you recall Danny Sturridge came off the bench, scored and had the vision to pick up Robinho. He CAN score - but he did NOT for 4 months, because he is soft mentally. The amount of people that were like 'oh, what if he leaves because Elano has gone?' - what does that say about him? You didn't see Nani waiting to escape the rags this summer after Ronaldo left.

What you don't seem to understand is that the Spanish league is different to ours. Yeah he would be great for Barca and as a replacement for Henry. But Steve McManaman was great for Madrid and then he came to us. And he was fucking terrible. Dabo was a hero for Lazio, he came to us and he was fucking shite. So just because Barca are interested in him doesn't make him an unbelievable Premier League player.

And with regards to the Chelsea situation. I was chuffed that we had bought him because it was a statement more than anything. And my best mate is a huge Chelsea fan who goes every week and he was gutted they didn't get him. But I took the said mate to Palace away this season, and after the game he said 'I finally understand why you think Robinho is overrated as his input off the ball is none existent'.

The problem you've got with what your saying in bold is that those players have played a lot more games in the premiership than Robinho. What would be a place to judge was see how many games they've turned on it's head in their first season in the premier leauge in

Robinho last scored the first goals in games against Chelsea, Newcastle, Spurs, Blackburn, Stoke and that is a very good reutrn as it shows he's scoring goals when it matters and not always when we're at a canter and the games over and done with

Wrighty Wrexham said:
Chelsea would not do this and you know it And i strongly doubt that Barca or even RealMadrid will ever go for one of the starting eleven in Chelsea And I believe we should be like that.
By the way i have no problem with Robbie,I really do not think he is that important for us .

We did with John Terry and were very close to getting him!!

But we didn't!! You can easily say that he just wanted to raise his wages! And Chelsea did that.

The Fat el Hombre said:
rastus said:
If hes not suited to the Pl in his 1st season he was awesome and we now will reap the benefits of his learning curve. If he fooks off now and is replaced by Rubbery in Jan for example he wont be suited to the Pl, mid season even more difficult.
He is now PL experienced, if he goes it should be in the summer not Jan

No, Robbie could play 10 years in the prem and could still struggle to adapt to the league because it's so physical and he's so feeble.

He has scored 14 league goals from midfield in his first season. I don't think there are many that have beaten that record.

He can only get better with experience.

Get rid. Bellamy and Petrov are better options on the left side anyway.

Robinho is window dressing. I doubt he'll feature that much at Barça anyway.

liamctid

are u for real mate Robinho doesn't need to turn a game on its head because everytime he plays he is man marked by at least 3 players u tell me a game where he aint so in that case the 3 players marking Robinho means 2 of our players are unmarked they should be changing the game don't u think???? 14 goals in his 1st Premiership season and ur more or less calling the Guy who is a BRAZILIAN INTERNATIONAL crap wake up and smell the coffee mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.