Robinho - 'Of Course I'd Enjoy Playing for Barca'

It would all depend on if Essien wanted to go or not. Essien might never have 'dreamt' of playing for Barca and might be more than happy in London. If Barca came knocking and Chelsea asked if he wanted to go and he said no, well then no, Chelsea would have no reason to sell. If Essien said, 'you know what Red Rom, it was my dream growing up to pull on that Barca jersey and it would be a pleasure if that chance is now'....Chelsea would then have to say 'fair enough, we can't argue with that', and should let him go. That is what we are led to believe is happening here. Robbie wants to play for Barca and so we should let him if thats what he wants. The history arguement is that they have tons of it, and so it is underatandable if a player wants to go there. I cannit believe i'm explaining this again!!!!!1[/quote]

Chelsea would not do this and you know it And i strongly doubt that Barca or even RealMadrid will ever go for one of the starting eleven in Chelsea And I believe we should be like that.
By the way i have no problem with Robbie,I really do not think he is that important for us .

MCFC_Freestyler said:
Oh well see you later robbie, i ain't arsed to be honest, he's been awesome at times, but he's been shit more than awesome, if we play just as good without him i'm happy.

You just don't come out and say things like he has, totallly dis-respectful, if you wanna play for them then keep it to yourself, don't go blabbing it off, he probably thinks he will be top man at Barca, he's got that wrong.

Same views mate! I don't think I have honestly stopped this season and thought - I wish Robinho was playing!

Bad thing is I have him on my shirt :(

rastus said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
The 'not suited to the prem' argument is a perfectly valid one. The prem is a very physical league and Robbie has struggled to cope at times

If hes not suited to the Pl in his 1st season he was awesome and we now will reap the benefits of his learning curve. If he fooks off now and is replaced by Rubbery in Jan for example he wont be suited to the Pl, mid season even more difficult.
He is now PL experienced, if he goes it should be in the summer not Jan

No, Robbie could play 10 years in the prem and could still struggle to adapt to the league because it's so physical and he's so feeble.

Chelsea would not do this and you know it And i strongly doubt that Barca o even RealMadrid well ever go for one of the starting eleven in Chelsea And I believe we should be like that.
By the way i have no problem with Robbie,I really do not think he is that important for us .

We did with John Terry and were very close to getting him!!

liamctid said:
C_T_I_D said:
Turned up in every game he scored and got assists in which is a lot more than 10.

Sour grapes when they're not needed in my opinion.

Bollocks mate. Yeah he was fantastic against the likes of Hull and Stoke at home, but with the exception of Arsenal at home last year, he did nothing against the bigger clubs. He got called a rapist and cried for 4 months. There were times when it was like playing with 10 men away from home last year, Portsmouth, Stoke, West Ham, Aalborg... the list goes on and on.

I'm not doubting his ability as a footballer, but some people think that he IS City. And you can look through my posts for the past year when it comes to Robinho, I have never changed my tune once. He is lacking a bit of pace and doesn't have a position.

Spot on captain.

He's a great talent, I have no doubt but, away from home and against the bigger teams, he simply hasn't turned up and displays all the trademarks of a flat track bully.

We are bigger than this now and the likes of Adebayor, Tevez and Bellamy are all going to be more valuable for us over the course of the season.

Personally, I'd like Robinho to stay as a squad player to bring on and torture the lower teams at home but he is not the answer in this league away from home. We have other players who can do the job better for the team.

If we want to win things, we do it by having eleven men pulling together. Heed the lessons of Rodney Marsh. We had a great team, he was the most skillful player at the club and the glamour boy but him being in the side ruined the team ethic and a team that was going to win the league ended up with us being fourth. I fear history could repeat itself if people insist that Robinho simply has to play in this team.

Marvin said:
Vitek said:
if he want to go -let him go...
If.....

Let the football do the talking when he's fit

Who says he hasn't been a success at City? Match-going City fans know how many goals he scored from open play last season - in his first season in the Premiership, and we also know how hard he works.

He struggled to make an impact away from home, but that's because City could not control possession away from home last season - down to a weakness in midfield, and an inability to hold the ball up front.

Some of you are easy fodder for a media who have headlines to fill and who better to fil it than Robinho one of the best players in the world. And a player who will light up the World Cup Finals.

Morons and Utd fans might want him out of City. The rest of us are still in a state of disbelief that he is playing for Man City.

I really hope he is fit to play against Scunthorpe. Will be waiting for his every touch of the ball to see what he can do. There is no other player in the Premiership who is more exciting to watch.

He struggled to make an impact away from home, but that's because City could not control possession away from home last season - down to a weakness in midfield, and an inability to hold the ball up front.
====================
And there you have it.

here is the full article, he does say he wants to do his best for city and we have aspirations of winning the premier league!!!

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/oct/15/robinho-barcelona-manchester-city" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009 ... ester-city</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.