Robinho - 'Of Course I'd Enjoy Playing for Barca'

Dont let the press get to you lads..... Robbie has said this before, and so what!! I would love to play for barca (although i'm shit at football). Look if the lads wants to go then let him, look at our squad now, and look what it could be like in the future!!

So next time Robbie puts on that blue shirt dont give him stick and remember what a joy and honour it is to watch a player of his ability play for our club.!!!!

Buying Robbie was for the club to "make a statment" , well they sure did!!!!

Not sure if this has been mentioned already. The thread has grown 10 pages since I last looked and I can't be bothered looking through it all.

Adrian Durham on talkSPORT last night was sticking up for us. He was saying how Robinho is having to go to Barcelona for a game of football, because that is how good we are he can't even get a game at City. It wasn't said tongue-in-cheek either. I can never make that guy out. One minute he is sticking up for us saying its time we were taken seriously, then he will have a little pop about something random. Whilst I don't agree with what he's saying, its an interesting, different take on it I suppose. Imagine that though, a player having to leave us for BARCA cos he canny get a game at our place!!! Maybe in 50 years.

Pigeonho, ala 606. hi in a better mood today are we, tell you what ,you can not beat a good heated debate

GStar said:
liamctid said:
Yours is an opinion I respect, Mr Star, and trust me, theres not a lot on here that I do.

I'm not saying you are a 'Robinho is Christ' man, but you've got to admit that there is a group of supporters who see Robbie in the same way that people see someone like Beckham. Like 'wow, its Robinho, I love him' regardless of his form. And I really do not think that is an ott statement whatsoever.

But I agree that some people dislike him with no apparent reason - I'd like to say that the arguments I've put forward are reasonable. You ask me in a months time if I still feel the same about him, and I will. It takes a lot for me to change my opinion about a player. Although I would LOVE it if Robinho proved me completely wrong and showed that he really is as good as some people believe he is.

Very kind of you to say...

I agree, there are people who think Robinho is exempt from criticism; which is wrong. I'd guess its from him being our first and only true "superstar" signing so far. Not using that as an excuse.

He can be inconsistent and it can be a problem... or at least it was last season. We don't really know, with this improved squad, how he'll fair during the course of a number of games. We beat Blackburn 0-2 away first game with Robinho playing an unspectacular role. So, from the poor evidence (or lack of it) so far, we seem to have taken steps forward.

For me, its players like him that will push us over the line, if we got to an FA/Carling Cup final, he'd be one of the first players i'd wager to create a match winning situation.

Its not about criticism for me, its about holding onto a player that i personally believe is a truely world class talent. The hard part, for Hughes especially, is seeing if he can fit him into our squad effectively. For me, it would be a blow on and off the pitch if we were to loose him in January.

Good points-but a poster earlier on got it absoulutely spot on for me,when he said that having Robinho constantly dropping these little "hints" evey time the press ask him about Barca is akin to having a fit girlfriend you keep making excuses for...."because she's fit."
He knows they're going to ask him-he's not stupid.
Forget his ability-IF the quotes that we keep hearing are correct,and not distorted in any way then there simply has to be a stand by the club.
Imagine that someone like Zab said "I'd really love to play for Barca" every other month.
He would,quite rightly, be buried-mainly because he isn't the "flair" player that Robinho is,and his "excesses" simply wouldn't be tolerated.

Robinho should show a little more caution to both who he speaks and in the way he speaks to the media and more respect to the club that pay his wages.I don't give a toss who he's "mates" with at Barca-as a fan I want to see my players commit themselves to my team
-at least in public.

If the comments and reports are true,I would fuck him off to Barca without a second thought in January for the right money.

I don't care how good he is-and I think he is-we should not allow ourselves to have our players court other teams in public.It sends out totally the wrong message.

For the sake of the players at City who are fully committed-the "I'd love to play at Barca" rumours have to stop now,by order of the club-or he should leave with our thanks and us at least 10 million in profit.

I don't care how good he is-and I think he is-we should not allow ourselves to have our players court other teams in public.It sends out totally the wrong message.

spot on

In the same breath the club hasnt made any statement to say he is important and is not for sale. I think the best comments MCFC have made is that he will not be an automatic choice and will have to fight for his place, you can possibly take that as a negative if you are Rob.

MH and Rob just dont get on, so it will be better for both if he leaves, if only MH would put Rob on the special dinner table with him and the rest of the Welsh contingent it might help ;)

It's too long a thread for me to read right through but I would be very interested to know if samharris, Nelly's Left Foot and all the other Tubthumpers who gave me shit on Wednesday for daring to not take Bowen's comments as a guarantee that Robinho would stay, have made a comment.

I suspect not.

rastus said:
In the same breath the club hasnt made any statement to say he is important and is not for sale. I think the best comments MCFC have made is that he will not be an automatic choice and will have to fight for his place, you can possibly take that as a negative if you are Rob.

MH and Rob just dont get on, so it will be better for both if he leaves, if only MH would put Rob on the special dinner table with him and the rest of the Welsh contingent it might help ;)
do you know this or is this speculation...............

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.