Robinho - 'Of Course I'd Enjoy Playing for Barca'

Immaculate Pasta HAVING A PROBLEM POSTING AT PRESENT,IT SEAMS THAT WHEN YOU POST A REPLY IT ARRIVES ON MY SCREEN WITH A WHITE BACKGROUND,BUT WHEN I REPLY IT LOOKS LIKE THE ORIGINAL POST WITH A BLUE BACKGROUND IM I BEING STUPID OR DOING SOMETHING WRONG,

liamctid said:
Immaculate Pasta said:
I hope you don't think i am in the "Robinho is christ" bracket. As you know when i see a player who is very talented who isn't appriciated by his fans or even worse his fans are clubbing taxi money to get him to his next club i become very passionaite in his defence and hope that he will prove those doubters wrong given time. Robinho falls into that bracket!

No, you've only got one Christ, and thats Ireland!

That explains why the guy behind me shouts "Jesus Ireland" everytime he does something wrong!!

People have short memories. Bellamy plays well for a few weeks and all of a sudden he's the son of God and Robinho's a waste of space. Ditto with SWP, 'poor' accoring to some, despite setting up or scoring a good proprtion of our goals thus far. Ireland, injured and ill, suddenly doesn't warrant a place in the side despite carrying us last season, most seemingly oblivious to the fact that he's been asked to play a more-disciplined role and fitting him and Tevez into one side is proving difficult. Bridge is rubbish, then great again after hitting form, then bobbins again after struggling with a groin injury during England's game against Belarus.

Football is about form, all players go through good and bad patches, let's try to not be too reactionary.

As for Robinho, i agree with most but not all of this...

http://norfstander.blogspot.com/2009/10/robbie-comments-to-be-taken-with-pinch.html

liamctid said:
GStar said:
I'm going to go out on a limb and say theres plenty of "us that go away" that still want Robinho at the club 100%. Me being one of them.

This isn't aimed at you but the apparent ease that some posters on here have to throw Robinho away is equally as ridiculous than your percieved "Robinho is Christ" stance from other posters.

I do think you've gone ott a bit there... but anyway i don't see you as a Robbie hater.

Yours is an opinion I respect, Mr Star, and trust me, theres not a lot on here that I do.

I'm not saying you are a 'Robinho is Christ' man, but you've got to admit that there is a group of supporters who see Robbie in the same way that people see someone like Beckham. Like 'wow, its Robinho, I love him' regardless of his form. And I really do not think that is an ott statement whatsoever.

But I agree that some people dislike him with no apparent reason - I'd like to say that the arguments I've put forward are reasonable. You ask me in a months time if I still feel the same about him, and I will. It takes a lot for me to change my opinion about a player. Although I would LOVE it if Robinho proved me completely wrong and showed that he really is as good as some people believe he is.

Very kind of you to say...

I agree, there are people who think Robinho is exempt from criticism; which is wrong. I'd guess its from him being our first and only true "superstar" signing so far. Not using that as an excuse.

He can be inconsistent and it can be a problem... or at least it was last season. We don't really know, with this improved squad, how he'll fair during the course of a number of games. We beat Blackburn 0-2 away first game with Robinho playing an unspectacular role. So, from the poor evidence (or lack of it) so far, we seem to have taken steps forward.

For me, its players like him that will push us over the line, if we got to an FA/Carling Cup final, he'd be one of the first players i'd wager to create a match winning situation.

Its not about criticism for me, its about holding onto a player that i personally believe is a truely world class talent. The hard part, for Hughes especially, is seeing if he can fit him into our squad effectively. For me, it would be a blow on and off the pitch if we were to loose him in January.

TheMightyQuinn said:
I love Ireland but to be fair he was an ever present in the same shit away team as Robinho.
Exactly. Football fans, the majority of em are as blind as bats. I think it's lunacy that anyone on here wants Robinho to be sold. Top goalscorer for us last season, and literally won us games on his own last year.

That performance at home against Wigan, where he played on his own up front, and fought for the club and the cause. It was incredible. But it's all to easy to point to him when it goes wrong, because he cost £6 million more than Adebayor.

Tell The King said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
I love Ireland but to be fair he was an ever present in the same shit away team as Robinho.
Exactly. Football fans, the majority of em are as blind as bats. I think it's lunacy that anyone on here wants Robinho to be sold. Top goalscorer for us last season, and literally won us games on his own last year.

That performance at home against Wigan, where he played on his own up front, and fought for the club and the cause. It was incredible. But it's all to easy to point to him when it goes wrong, because he cost £6 million more than Adebayor.

Yeah but Bellamy is now better than Robinho so we don't need him. Keep up for fucks sake!

Word on the street is that Weiss is the new Ronaldo, he has 3 games to prove us right or wrong. I'm pretty clever though, I've already registered 'Weiss Is the worst player ever in the world.com'.

TheMightyQuinn said:
Yeah but Bellamy is now better than Robinho so we don't need him. Keep up for fucks sake!

Word on the street is that Weiss is the new Ronaldo, he has 3 games to prove us right or wrong. I'm pretty clever though, I've already registered 'Weiss Is the worst player ever in the world.com'.

Lol, exactly. I'm preparing my "Slyvinho Out" banner as we speak, because I swear, I saw him warm up once and he jogged a little funny. He's going to be shite.

Tell The King said:
TheMightyQuinn said:

Lol, exactly. I'm preparing my "Slyvinho Out" banner as we speak, because I swear, I saw him warm up once and he jogged a little funny. He's going to be shite.

Oh, I wrote him off years ago mate, for me a left back must create 20 goals a season and score at least 15. Anything less just shows how lazy they are.

didactic said:
Dont knock the lad for being polite, If a woman tells me im handsome I tell her thank you I am flattered but I am engaged. This is exactly what he did now many are becoming like Arsenal fans and doing what they did to Ade and pushing Robinho out the door before he has even made the mark he is capable of.

Didactic, you stole the words out of me mouth
That is exactly what i wanted to say, but was eternally pissed and instead decided to call out all the top blues we have here
I was having this argument earlier this week about how we have become as sorry as the Arse fans

Fickle lot some of us are

TheMightyQuinn said:
Oh, I wrote him off years ago mate, for me a left back must create 20 goals a season and score at least 15. Anything less just shows how lazy they are.

You know what, I also think that Mark Hughes is a rubbish manager, how can he just stand in the technical area with his fingers on his chin, he should be barging down the flanks taking 40 odd yard screamers, wasn't he a striker or summat

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.