Robinho speaks

Ticket For Schalke said:
leewill31 said:
how could you explain that he didn't fail in the premiership?

58972_430849291036_504816036_4801653_1525446_n.jpg

57963_430849546036_504816036_4801661_3378095_n.jpg

for a side that finished 10th.

andy reid got the same omount of assists as him???????

cya robbie!

I don't think Robinho was a massive failure, obviously regards the money spent on him, it was way in excess of what he gave back to the club, but he did put in some exhilarating performances, just not consistently enough.

These sound like typical excuses from a player that cannot admit to not succeeding in the Premier League. He didn't have the ability to adapt to the fast pace and physical (ish) way of the Premership life. It appears it was everyone else's fault, the manager's, the weather, etc. He'd be better off holding his hands up and saying he found it difficult adjusting to the demands of football in England, and simply couldn't quite cut it.

I feel disappointed we didn't see the best of Robinho, only in flashes, and that he wasn't determined enough to knuckle down and show Mancini what he can do, and get a place in the side. In the formation City play under Manc, there was a chance he could have a position tailor-made for him, but instead he took the easy option. If it means working hard, get me out of here!

I don't think we'll miss him at all, but it's a shame we never saw the best of him.

Ticket For Schalke said:
leewill31 said:

Yeah; and Tevez scored twice as many last season (despite a slow-ish start) and he cost, depending on what figures you believe, anything up to £7m less than Robinho. Also, Tevez was never regarded as one of the leading lights in world football, unlike Robinho. Regarding Rob's 14 goals in 2008/09, he scored three in one game against Stoke. So, in the thirty other games he played, he scored 11 goals (slightly better than a goal every three games). The point I'm making is that stats can prove whatever you want them to prove. But a 33% strike rate would not strike me as brilliant from someone who was seen as one of the leading lights in world football. And there are many on here who, unlike me, witnessed his performances (or lack of) away from Eastlands. Maybe they're all wrong? I suppose we'll just have to agree to differ about the Brazilian's time with us.

Ticket For Schalke said:
leewill31 said:

so one decent season out of two counts as being successful now?

he failed in the premiership no ifs ands or buts really,he even blamed two different managers for his failures.

jimharri said:
Yeah; and Tevez scored twice as many last season (despite a slow-ish start) and he cost, depending on what figures you believe, anything up to £7m less than Robinho. Also, Tevez was never regarded as one of the leading lights in world football, unlike Robinho. Regarding Rob's 14 goals in 2008/09, he scored three in one game against Stoke. So, in the thirty other games he played, he scored 11 goals (slightly better than a goal every three games). The point I'm making is that stats can prove whatever you want them to prove. But a 33% strike rate would not strike me as brilliant from someone who was seen as one of the leading lights in world football. And there are many on here who, unlike me, witnessed his performances (or lack of) away from Eastlands. Maybe they're all wrong? I suppose we'll just have to agree to differ about the Brazilian's time with us.

Tev scored 2 hat tricks, 2 against bolton, 2 against wet spam, 2 against chelsea, 2 against wolves and they're just off the top of my head theres 14 goals in 6 games. im not seeing your arguement here.

It was the whole team that was appauling away, but yer just blame Robbie, as thats easy to do. compare the side of last season, and they from the prev, there's abit of a difference.

Also tev on the whole players alot further up the field than robbie.

Bit inconvenient for the Robinho bashers that the stats don't match the rhetoric isn't it? Pretty decent return for a fella whose performing in the PL for the first time in a mid-table team imo. Who knows how he would perform with the top quality players we now have at the club around him? Unfortunately we'll never find out, much to the delight of those who are gloating about 'being proved right'.<br /><br />-- Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:09 am --<br /><br />
leewill31 said:
Ticket For Schalke said:

he failed in the premiership no ifs ands or buts really,he even blamed two different managers for his failures.

One and a half actually. In fact, considering he was injured for virtually the whole of the first half of his second season, it doesn't seem fair to class that as a failure. Unless you deem players who are injured to be failures. Hardly seems fair to me, but fairness isn't on many City fans agendas when it comes to Robinho.

Ticket For Schalke said:
jimharri said:

Tev scored 2 hat tricks, 2 against bolton, 2 against wet spam, 2 against chelsea, 2 against wolves and they're just off the top of my head theres 14 goals in 6 games. im not seeing your arguement here.

It was the whole team that was appauling away, but yer just blame Robbie, as thats easy to do. compare the side of last season, and they from the prev, there's abit of a difference.

Also tev on the whole players alot further up the field than robbie.
As I did say in my earlier post, statistics can be twisted to prove anything you want. I did and you did. The central point of my argument remains; I expected a lot more from Rob than he delivered, and, given a choice between him and one of either Carlos or AJ, I know which option I would choose. You'd obviously go down a different path; fair enough.

hgblue said:
Bit inconvenient for the Robinho bashers that the stats don't match the rhetoric isn't it? Pretty decent return for a fella whose performing in the PL for the first time in a mid-table team imo. Who knows how he would perform with the top quality players we now have at the club around him? Unfortunately we'll never find out, much to the delight of those who are gloating about 'being proved right'.

i will just believe in what the man himself has said,he more or less admits he failed and could not cope with the premiership!

"The Premier League is one of the best in the world, without a doubt. The stadiums are always full and the atmosphere is incredible, but not every footballer is able to play in England. The character can be difficult for a foreigner"

talented player that bottled it in the end shame because i liked him.<br /><br />-- Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:14 am --<br /><br />
hgblue said:
Bit inconvenient for the Robinho bashers that the stats don't match the rhetoric isn't it? Pretty decent return for a fella whose performing in the PL for the first time in a mid-table team imo. Who knows how he would perform with the top quality players we now have at the club around him? Unfortunately we'll never find out, much to the delight of those who are gloating about 'being proved right'.

-- Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:09 am --

leewill31 said:

One and a half actually. In fact, considering he was injured for virtually the whole of the first half of his second season, it doesn't seem fair to class that as a failure. Unless you deem players who are injured to be failures. Hardly seems fair to me, but fairness isn't on many City fans agendas when it comes to Robinho.

nothing to do with agendas mate as my previous post explains all i am doing is explaining why he failed as TFS asked!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.