Robinho to Besiktas 99% done

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/aug/19/robinho-besiktas-manchester-city" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010 ... ester-city</a>

Robinho closer to Manchester City exit as Besiktas make £16m bid
• Fee could increase to £26m with performance add-ons
• City turn attention to trimming bloated squad

Robinho is close to ending his unhappy two-year spell at Manchester City by joining Besiktas after the Turkish club made a formal offer of £16m, plus a further £10m in potential add-ons.

The deal will offer City the chance to recoup at least half the £32.5m they paid Real Madrid to make the Brazilian the most expensive player in English football on the day the Abu Dhabi United Group took control.

The rest of the proposal, submitted this afternoon after several weeks of on-off negotiations between the two clubs, will be based on performance-related payments, with Besiktas taking measures to protect themselves against the 26-year-old fading as badly in Istanbul as he has done in Manchester.

Several other clubs, notably the German side Schalke 04, have also expressed an interest, but the talks with Besiktas are at an advanced stage and it is thought Robinho's advisers have already agreed in principle to a four-year contract.

Besiktas finished fourth in the Turkish league last season, missing out on a place in the Champions League, but have shown their ambition this summer by signing Guti from Real Madrid, where the Spanish midfielder used to be a team-mate of Robinho, and the Portuguese winger Ricardo Quaresma from Internazionale.

After ending his six-month loan arrangement with his former club Santos back in Brazil, Robinho is also tempted by the chance to work with Bernd Schuster, his former coach at Real. Schuster did not want Robinho to leave the Bernabéu but the decision was taken out of his hands by the then president, Ramón Calderón.

Garry Cook, the City chief executive, and the club's football administrator, Brian Marwood, have been concentrating on bringing in players over the last few weeks, but now that process is concluded, with six players signed for a total cost of £126m, they will turn their attention to trimming an over-sized squad, and Robinho is regarded as the priority.

Roberto Mancini, the City manager, has been planning without him, and more talks will be held with the Besiktas chairman, Yildirim Demiroren, today.

Robinho was strategically left out of City's squad for the Europa League qualifier against Timisoara last night so his transfer valuation would not depreciate. Schuster said: "I am confident that our chairman will do everything in his power to make this possible."

bluemoon32 said:
I'd prefer him to stay but if he wants to go then i'd lol at a so called superstar being so highly rated that he ends up playing in Turkey, no disrespect meant but come on..........
He goes there for a season. Then hell go sign for someone else if he has a stormer in turkey. Seriously though this guy is pissing away his career! I seriously hope this club doesnt sign anymore brazilians as they are a fucking waste of time and space!

He'll just make sure he does enough to make the next world cup in brazil.
Shame

Ando said:
Robinho is NOT leaving as we are in the process of trying to sign Neymar from Santos. Robinho is playing a big role in this deal as he is trying to persuade his mate to choose us. Mancini has begged Robinho to stay and has offered him an important role in the team. Neymar is making a decision tomorrow as to whether to stay, choose us or Chelsea.

Thought we had 1st pick on any santos player, was part of the loan deal
with robinho. Wasnt it ?

Neymar signs new Santos contract. Please ban the WUM.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en/news/584/brazil/2010/08/19/2078614/neymar-signs-new-santos-contract-report" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en/news/584/brazil/ ... act-report</a>

Be funny watching him in turkey! If he shows he is a Mard arse then I bet within a game he gets stabbed lol

God, if they got excited by Vassell in Turkey, what's going to happen when Robinho goes over there?

Yaya Silva said:
Be funny watching him in turkey! If he shows he is a Mard arse then I bet within a game he gets stabbed lol

Verry funny thing to joke about that.

Hello from Turkey!

I'm a Besiktas supporter. I read all of the comments about that transfer. Today most of our newspapers wrote that : The transfer is so close to finish. Besiktas has offered 20m euros and 12m euros adds and bonuses. I'm so excited about the coming of Robinho to Turkey, to our team Besiktas.

We have signed with Guti and Quaresma this year. Everyone said that Quaresma can not be succesfull. But he has played 6 or 7 matches for Besiktas and he was really fantastic. If we 'the Besiktas supporters' known as 'Çarşı' in Turkey love a footballer, there is no chance that he is unsuccessfull. I mean that if Robinho comes to Besiktas, I'm sure that he will be so succesfull.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.