Robinho - What Could Have Been?

IanBishopsHaircut said:
Tricky_Trev said:
Just look at Mancini's post-match comments about Adam Johnson. That is why Robinho would never have a place in a Roberto Mancini team.

Agreed

He is what the phrase 'Cold winters night game away to Stoke' was invented for

He had an ok first season..14 was it?

Followed by turning absolute gash..lazy gash at that

Short memories on here

I could be wrong but didn't he score 4 goals away to stoke?

I suggest people re watch the season highlights that year,how often did Hughes line him up with fucking etuhu and ched Evans,leaving elano on the bench?robinho is not a player to base a team on,he's a player to work off a focal point.

Robinho in this team would have been immense.

Thaksinssoldier said:
IanBishopsHaircut said:
Tricky_Trev said:
Just look at Mancini's post-match comments about Adam Johnson. That is why Robinho would never have a place in a Roberto Mancini team.

Agreed

He is what the phrase 'Cold winters night game away to Stoke' was invented for

He had an ok first season..14 was it?

Followed by turning absolute gash..lazy gash at that

Short memories on here

I could be wrong but didn't he score 4 goals away to stoke?

I suggest people re watch the season highlights that year,how often did Hughes line him up with fucking etuhu and ched Evans,leaving elano on the bench?robinho is not a player to base a team on,he's a player to work off a focal point.

Robinho in this team would have been immense.
You're right, you are wrong. He's never scored at Stoke.

Ricster said:
That night watching transfer deadline day and hearing with about 10 minutes to go we were about to sign one of the big names in the game, maybe still to this day, still feels like a dream.
I know people dont like the way he behaved at the club, nor were they to happy at his performances on the road, but im sat here this lunch time thinking what could have been?
We have seen the transformation of players since Mancini has arrived, the likes of Kompany, Lescott, Richards, Zabaletta, De Jong, Hart and even Tevez. What is it the Italian has?
Now i cant help but think just how different things might have been if we had employed Mancini from the outset. A manager who understands the game, a manager who is willing to allow players to prove their worth, a manager who can man manage a player to get the best from them.
Was Robinho really the problem? Or was there more to it? Was it Hughes inability to get the best out of the players that left the little Brazilian with the feeling he had nowhere to go but out of the club?
Take Joe Hart for example. Whether you like it or not, if it wasn't for the change of manager he was gone. Everyone could see how good he was but Hughes chose to go with Given instead of the future.
I believe Mancini would have got the best from Robinho, im not so sure he'd still be here, but those glimpses of magic that we stared at in awe, wouldve been on a more regular basis and maybe the way he left would have been a lot more pleasing for both parties.

"We had Robinho,
We had Robinho."

Just not at his best.

Its not often your right but on this occassion your spot on. I reckon Bobby would have had him playing at his absolute peak right now. Id also like to throw Elano into the mix under Sven a world beater and even turned in a great game at right back.

What a waste of talent Elano was under that clown Hughes. Had we kept hold of him a let Bobby work with him he'd have been different class

Grand Master Ram Rod said:
He scored a hat-trick at home against them though.

Robinho was made the scapegoat for EVERY poor away performance in his first season here. People didn't seem to realize that we had another 10 players on the pitch with him and that he was being man marked by 2 or 3 players every game.

conormcfc said:

Robinho was made the scapegoat for EVERY poor away performance in his first season here. People didn't seem to realize that we had another 10 players on the pitch with him and that he was being man marked by 2 or 3 players every game.

Thank you,I'm pretty sure he's had a few dodgy ones disallowed against them too.

In fact he had a ridiculous if not record amount of goals disallowed for offsides that clearly weren't,remember the one where he got the ball in his own half and was ruled offside?

Head seemed to go down away from home after his first few months when he was being man marked out of every game by two or three players and he realised the rest of the team weren't up to doing the business without him. Robinho was extreamly gifted and I enjoyed watching him immensely but sadly it wasn't to be, his home form in 2008/09 for large parts of the season was awesome, his passing ability made Stephen Ireland look a much better player than he actually is and he has the ability to be a top player at City still now.

Started the ball moving and I'm grateful to him for that, hope it continues to go well for him at AC Milan.

Robinho accepting a transfer here was his biggest contribution to us. His transfer put us back
on the Euro map. He was a flop in truth though. We could have bought 2-3 good players for that money. Hughes was a kid in a candy store.

conormcfc said:

You know why he was marked by 2 or 3 players? It was because he took so long doing stepovers for his first defender, that two or three more had all the time in the world to stroll over to him.
In that season when he got his 14 goals, by the way, he never scored after 28th December!
Hughes had nothing to do with his signing, which has already been pointed out and still he gets the blame.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.