Robinho

The Robinho signing was the statement that we meant business, and to be fair, his first touch for the late equalizer at Ewood Park was sensational.
He never fulfilled his potential, but he still gave us some great moments.

In contrast, the really bad post takeover signings were Santa Cruz, Bridge, and arguably Shay Given (unless we're counting Jo who was technically pre takeover)

We needed Robinho to get Bellamy, and then Adebayor and Tevez. It showed a gradual upward curve, and paved the way for Silva, Yaya, and eventually Aguero.

The Robinho signing was the statement that we meant business, and to be fair, his first touch for the late equalizer at Ewood Park was sensational.

In contrast, the really bad post takeover signings were Santa Cruz, Bridge, and arguably Shay Given (unless we're counting Jo who was technically pre takeover)

We needed Robinho to get Bellamy, and then Adebayor and Tevez. It showed a gradual upward curve, and paved the way for Silva, Yaya, and eventually Aguero.

I agree with most but Shay Given was a good signing at the time

Wouldn’t last 2 minutes. Bad attitude and not willing to work as hard as pep demands

Given did a good job for us.

Shay Given; a bad signing? Go on then, I'll bite. Please explain.

Everyone saying bad attitude, wouldn't last 2 minutes, but its Pep, think he would have motivated him and got him playing, just like he has with pretty much every other player...

Everyone saying bad attitude, wouldn't last 2 minutes, but its Pep, think he would have motivated him and got him playing, just like he has with pretty much every other player...
I do not think this is correct bud. I say that because look at Ronaldinho, look at Yaya (at Barca), Nasri, Hart. All very vocal players who tend to have problems with authority. They were given the boot as soon as he could get them out the door.

After that he went to Bayern who were an experienced well drilled team of total pro's largely.

Now look at the players he recruits, hard working diligent players. A pep player in general will only make the back pages, not the front ones.

There is a base level Pep looks for, he may inherit the odd fircracker but they either knuckle down or get out. I think Robinho would be far far to flaky for Pep to consider him worth the hassle. Pep only improves players willing to work for it, it would be a braver man than me to put Robinho in that bracket.

I am not crapping on your assertion, i just struggle to see what Pep would see in Robinho to make him worth the hassle a-la Alves. That guy seems a gobby so and so but was simply the best right back in the world in Pep's barca making him worth a few headaches for Pep.

I can’t imagine why he’d have had a bad attitude;

“Listen Boyo you’re very good at your keepy uppies & step overs but your on the bench for the real deal Evans, look you is it”

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.