Robinho's time has come?

Ajay said:
My email exchange went like this:

Me: Thanks for the introduction is was good to meet him, but he did not say anything about the rumours?

Me: Yes! is there any truth in them?

Me:Oh Well, I suppose we can't do anything?

Contact:We will talk more before the game on Thursday, see you as planned.

interesting, let us know what is said at game tonight - preferable info would be who are we going for as a replacement!

Is simple really.

If he wants to go and another club want him and can afford him he will go.

If he wants to stay and the clubs decision makers want him to go for whatever reason he will go.

Its really up to Robby himself if his heart and mind and in the "project".

The same applies to any player its only the figure thrashed out that varies.

on another note with all this Robbie stuff it is worth bearing in mind that Barca will be wanting to pay as little as possible hence all the shite rumours being banded about with regards to loans etc.

Barca will want to agitate Robbie into causing the distress with City as they will not want to be handing over circa 35mil - they will be trying to "play the big boy" with us, we need to hold strong which i fully expect us to do.

must say i find it bizarre that Barca officials find it necessary to decide to go and watch us play tonight in Abu Dhabi.....hardly the most interesting game to go and see?

Ricster said:
scotty said:
No it's not Ricster, not even close. Can't Robbie speak or something? How easy would it be to put all the gossip to bed, Only Robbeie can do that, it doesn't matter what Hughes and Cooke say, it's the player and if you can't see that then you are deluding yourself. even if he makes an official statement of his intent, he may well be talking shite, but at least he will of been quoted as to his real ambitions and we can all move on!

Actually, Robbie can't speak English, incase you didn't know that. So, like before, he gives an interview, which the media twist because of the translation and all the fans are on his back again. Great idea. You must work in PR.

Robinho wants to stay at Manchester City, says Stephen Ireland
Published 23:00 11/11/09 By Oliver Holt in Abu Dhabi

Controversial Brazilian superstar Robinho has finally become a team player at Manchester City, Stephen Ireland claimed last night.

Robinho has been linked almost daily with a January transfer to Barcelona and enraged City fans by describing the prospect as his 'dream move'.

But Ireland, who has little time for anyone he feels is not pulling their weight, leapt to the striker's defence yesterday when he was asked if Robinho satisfied his rigid criteria for a man committed to the City cause.

"Very surprisingly, yes," Ireland said. "I'm not being harsh on Elano and players like that, who were good people and good friends to me when they were here, but them leaving has been a real blessing for Robinho because he has really come out of his shell.

"They all used to stay in this little clan and you didn't see much of Robinho, but now he's different. We were actually having a conversation last night about the club.

"He really thinks deeply about the club. He seems really happy and contented. Even his family seems settled and he seems to be really at home.

"I've seen it more this season. Since he came back in the summer he's been a different person. He's really been a character in the dressing room and around the training ground."

City have categorically denied rumours that they were to meet Barcelona here in the Gulf this week to discuss Robinho's transfer to Spain.

They are also furious at suggestions that the club hierarchy has already accepted that Robinho does not want to be at the club.

They have blamed the rumours on mischief-making from one of Robinho's representatives, who has been staying at the same hotel as the team in Abu Dhabi.

"I've no indication where this speculation is coming from," Ireland said. "Maybe because he's a big name player. No way does he seem to want to go somewhere else, definitely not.

"We were warming up last night before training and we were talking about all the speculation. I told him I was really looking forward to him coming back into the team because last season he set up most of my goals.

"'I can't wait to get back into the team, either', he said, which didn't sound like someone who wants to get away.

"I think he is very happy here. I don't see why he would want to go back to Spain anyway. And I don't see why the club would just let him go.

"He is the type of player that when he dwells on the ball and takes more touches, all players are moving towards him and opening gaps. He's only had one season here so why would he move now? There are so many indications it's not going to happen

Apparently Stevie Ireland speaks fluent portuguese hey! ha

scotty said:
Ricster said:
Actually, Robbie can't speak English, incase you didn't know that. So, like before, he gives an interview, which the media twist because of the translation and all the fans are on his back again. Great idea. You must work in PR.

Controversial Brazilian superstar Robinho has finally become a team player at Manchester City, Stephen Ireland claimed last night.

Robinho has been linked almost daily with a January transfer to Barcelona and enraged City fans by describing the prospect as his 'dream move'.

But Ireland, who has little time for anyone he feels is not pulling their weight, leapt to the striker's defence yesterday when he was asked if Robinho satisfied his rigid criteria for a man committed to the City cause.

"Very surprisingly, yes," Ireland said. "I'm not being harsh on Elano and players like that, who were good people and good friends to me when they were here, but them leaving has been a real blessing for Robinho because he has really come out of his shell.

"They all used to stay in this little clan and you didn't see much of Robinho, but now he's different. We were actually having a conversation last night about the club.

"He really thinks deeply about the club. He seems really happy and contented. Even his family seems settled and he seems to be really at home.

"I've seen it more this season. Since he came back in the summer he's been a different person. He's really been a character in the dressing room and around the training ground."

City have categorically denied rumours that they were to meet Barcelona here in the Gulf this week to discuss Robinho's transfer to Spain.

They are also furious at suggestions that the club hierarchy has already accepted that Robinho does not want to be at the club.

They have blamed the rumours on mischief-making from one of Robinho's representatives, who has been staying at the same hotel as the team in Abu Dhabi.

"I've no indication where this speculation is coming from," Ireland said. "Maybe because he's a big name player. No way does he seem to want to go somewhere else, definitely not.

"We were warming up last night before training and we were talking about all the speculation. I told him I was really looking forward to him coming back into the team because last season he set up most of my goals.

"'I can't wait to get back into the team, either', he said, which didn't sound like someone who wants to get away.

"I think he is very happy here. I don't see why he would want to go back to Spain anyway. And I don't see why the club would just let him go.

"He is the type of player that when he dwells on the ball and takes more touches, all players are moving towards him and opening gaps. He's only had one season here so why would he move now? There are so many indications it's not going to happen

Great that should stop all the moaning about Robbie wanting to leave as many were happy to believe what Stephen Ireland said about Jo and Elano. So he wants to stay and cant wait to play again. Im sure there will be many posting on here apologising to Robbie for doubting his loyalty or maybe the same fans will be selective about what they believe in the papers this time as it wont fit there agenda.

Unfortunately I don't have any contacts at the club, no inside information and so like everyone else I speculate. But the way some people talk on here stating who is a bad influence in the dressing room, who Mark Hughes has fallen out with etc. Just spreading negativity about the club, withoout any information to substantiate it. I don't understand the purpose for this.

His time has come for sure, high time he got his leg right and started altering the shape of the auld onion bag again.

scotty said:
Ricster said:

Well maybe what he has said to Stevie is now good enough for you to stop making pointless fucking threads when there are about 100 threads on the whole Robinho saga.

Ricster said:
scotty said:

Well maybe what he has said to Stevie is now good enough for you to stop making pointless fucking threads when there are about 100 threads on the whole Robinho saga.

Its that pointless you pillock that everybody is talking about it and all showing an interest or point of view, this it was message boards are for, OPINIONS. you prat Ricster, you dont have to read or contribute if you don't want too,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.