Rodney Marsh and Dennis Tueart

I may be mistaken about what happened but the way he was ‘cancelled’ before cancel culture was even a thing for a very ill advised throwaway comment was a little harsh. Considering spitty carragher despite his ‘crimes’ is still on TV.

It’s almost as if there’s an agenda...

(Dons tin hat)
He seems to be doing alright doing his shows to the US audience. Probably a blessing for him he was given the boot.

As Joe Mercer said after we had thrown the title away in such glorious fashion, '£200,000 is a lot of money to spend to lose the title'.

We were 6 points clear at the top of the table when he arrived, when it was 2 points for a win with only a few games left to play. Lee and Davies had been working well together, and his arrival derailed everything.

Not only at the end of the 71-72 season. It carried on into the next. I don't think we won a game until November.

We had the title sewn up, he came in, and it all went to pot after that.

I don't blame Marsh, as he has said on numerous occasions he wasn't the right player for City and he wasn't fit enough when he joined. He was a special individual to watch when the ball was at his feet, he weaved his magic when he wanted, but I put the blame on Allison for bringing him in.

49 years later, it still rankles we lost the title in 1972 in such fashion, but it has to be said Gordon Banks had a huge part to play in our freefall that season as well.

If you ain't got something good to say about someone don't say it and in Rodney's case , I can guarantee he will block you.

Great personality but a total ***t .

He scored an absolute cracker of a goal against Newcastle in the 1972/3 season.
I was behind the goal in the old scoreboard end and saw him send a bunch of defenders the wrong way with a simple body movement and then curled the ball into the bottom corner of the net. We won 2-0 by the way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.