Rodri - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rodri is very od. Seems like a od guy too. Even Merson’s t to see that he’s ing to be very a od addition. Can’t wait for the season to get ing.

Rodri is very od. Seems like a od guy too. Even Merson’s t to see that he’s ing to be very a od addition. Can’t wait for the season to get ing.

Here, you seem to have forgotten how to type 'go'. You can borrow that one.

I like the look of him, looks a giant on the pitch as well which is probably due to the amount of midgets we have but I can't wait for him to be up to speed and fully dominating his area of the pitch.

Good looking, great hair, spanish and tall. Lets hope he ends up better than Javi Garcia! (I did rate Garcia as well)

The way he uses his first touch to take the ball away from the opponent is a thing of beauty.
I don't think I've ever seen a player of his size protect and use the ball so well.

The way he uses his first touch to take the ball away from the opponent is a thing of beauty.
I don't think I've ever seen a player of his size protect and use the ball so well.

People have been going on & on about Fernandinho 'lacking' this & that re passing & then offering up alternatives such as Gundogan or Jorginho in that position, as an example of 'the difference'. It's a difference not even worth mentioning.

No, this guy, is looking like a 'difference'.

Not just one or two forward passes better out of fifty amongst a bunch of unimaginative one or two touch sideways irrelevance, he is doing the real deal, David Silva, KDB 'eyes in the back of his head' thing, finding one touch forward passes out of nothing. Players like Jorginho/Gundogan play it backward half the time in the same situation without any urgency. Rodri plays like we are in a hurry to get forward, but does it with calmness.

Of course he has to now replicate that in the Prem & tighten up defensively, but he is so good, his selection is an attacking one as much as a defensive one, so Fern or Gundogan could actually play in the same team.

People have been going on & on about Fernandinho 'lacking' this & that re passing & then offering up alternatives such as Gundogan or Jorginho in that position, as an example of 'the difference'. It's a difference not even worth mentioning.

No, this guy, is looking like a 'difference'.

Not just one or two forward passes better out of fifty amongst a bunch of unimaginative one or two touch sideways irrelevance, he is doing the real deal, David Silva, KDB 'eyes in the back of his head' thing, finding one touch forward passes out of nothing. Players like Jorginho/Gundogan play it backward half the time in the same situation without any urgency. Rodri plays like we are in a hurry to get forward, but does it with calmness.

Of course he has to now replicate that in the Prem & tighten up defensively, but he is so good, his selection is an attacking one as much as a defensive one, so Fern or Gundogan could actually play in the same team.

I agree. Rodri looks fenomenal so far.
He indeed seems to have an almost KDB-esque spacial awareness and it reflects in all aspects of his game.
We'll have to wait and see how much time he needs to get up to speed on a competitive level but he does look very much at home playing this way, so that will help.

I have a feeling Fernandinho will be tried in a sort of hybrid CB role to croud out the midfield even more. He has the engine and experience to pull it off.
Can allready hear the confused commentators: "He's playing Centre-Back. Look how high he is up the pitch!"

I agree. Rodri looks fenomenal so far.
He indeed seems to have an almost KDB-esque spacial awareness and it reflects in all aspects of his game.
We'll have to wait and see how much time he needs to get up to speed on a competitive level but he does look very much at home playing this way, so that will help.

I have a feeling Fernandinho will be tried in a sort of hybrid CB role to croud out the midfield even more. He has the engine and experience to pull it off.
Can allready hear the confused commentators: "He's playing Centre-Back. Look how high he is up the pitch!"
When Fern plays CB (which he will), that’s exactly the role he’ll play, I agree. So many times the opposition will just sit their striker on our DM to disrupt our build up. So if we have another DM coming out from the back 4, we get the extra man and can deal with it. It’s also a huge weapon for us to have Ederson in the build up as he effectively plays as a sweeper and can compensate for Fernandinho leaving the back 4. It’ll be brilliant when it’s a well-oiled machine with Fern in that role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.