Rodri - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Knickers in a twist?
You had to remove a post minutes after posting it. Not me.
And now you managed to insult the American posters for a second time, which is quite stupid considering I'm European.

I never said the Prem isn't hard. It is. You pretend that all the other leagues are a walk in the park or something.
How is that not arrogant?.
Especially considering European teams have been consistently outplaying, outpacing and outmuscling EPL opposition for decades.
The sense of superiority isn't earned. Not yet.
As for the "You people" bit. That was literally in reference to EPL zealots. Not City fans. It's right there in the text.
You have totally overacted to posts saying he will have to get used to this league as it's harder,it is more physical and faster,you get less time on the ball,every player that comes from any other league not just to us says the same,i believe i only said you'll see,that hardly warranted you going off on one,which league do you support that has made you react this way? if you mean in the CL that's because spain and germany are easy leagues where you can rest your best players for the CL and their is less fixture congestion as we play 4 comps,we are talking about the prem here,right touchy one you are

Edit-looking back to page 4 you went off on one when someone posted welcome to the prem,only that

Last edited:
That simply isn’t correct. Around a decade ago English clubs were dominating the CL.
You have totally overacted to posts saying he will have to get used to this league as it's harder,it is more physical and faster,you get less time on the ball,every player that comes from any other league not just to us says the same,i believe i only said you'll see,that hardly warranted you going off on one,which league do you support that has made you react this way? if you mean in the CL that's because spain and germany are easy leagues where you can rest your best players for the CL and their is less fixture congestion as we play 4 comps,we are talking about the prem here,right touchy one you are
I don't support leagues. I support City.
But as a general rule I dislike the arrogance and blind propaganda surrounding the EPL.
Many people do. Including people who mainly watch EPL. (like me)
And I do watch those other leagues some pretend to know so much about.
Those easy, slow leagues whose players and managers EPL clubs buy to become "better"...

To me, the EPL is just one of the top flight European leagues. Nothing more.
Due to the giant infux of money the EPL does seem to have overtaken the other leagues recently but the difference isn't that big yet.
Nothing like the insane propaganda machine suggests.

But as a general rule I dislike the arrogance and blind propaganda surrounding the EPL.
Those easy, slow leagues whose players and managers EPL clubs buy to become "better"...

Due to the giant infux of money the EPL does seem to have overtaken the other leagues recently but the difference isn't that big yet.
You’ve somewhat curiously quoted my post yet conspicuously failed to engage with the point I raised.

The prem is the most watched league in the world,it has everything you could ever want if you love football,if that makes us arrogant then so be it

You’ve somewhat curiously quoted my post yet conspicuously failed to engage with the point I raised.
Sorry. That was by accident.
As for the point you raised.
Go look at the list of CL winners. I don't see English teams dominating. La Liga teams do.
If anything it reflects my view of England being one the top flight leagues in Europe. Nothing more nothing less.

Sorry. That was by accident.
As for the point you raised.
Go look at the list of CL winners. I don't see English teams dominating. La Liga teams do.
If anything it reflects my view of England being one the top flight leagues in Europe. Nothing more nothing less.
I wasn’t just referring to the winners. Between 2005 and 2009, 60% of the CL semi final places were held by English teams. By any objective measure that is wholly incongruous with what you advanced, albeit somewhat over a decade ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.