Rodri - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night was a much better performance. Still areas to improve on, shame to concede and the number of times we drove forward at pace but ran straight into their defence and didn't play the right pass was frustrating. But I am scraping the barrel there as it was a great all round performance and Rodri was incredible. Mopped up everything, passed forwards quickly and scored a screamer.

Best performance so far for me he just did everything right and topped it off with a wonder goal. Great to see him finally settling in and looking forwards to seeing him develop into a fine player.

No denying he was really good tonight same as there was no denying he wasn't the other day. More of the same from him will do nicely.

He's been rather better than average across all his performances this season and has shown enough, IMO, to suggest he can be at least as good a DM as Dinho; he won't though be a DM in the same style as Dinho.

He's been rather better than average across all his performances this season and has shown enough, IMO, to suggest he can be at least as good a DM as Dinho; he won't though be a DM in the same style as Dinho.

Enormous boots to fill there mate.

I hope you're right :)

I think many on here were right: that one bad performance out of many good (some outstanding) ones this season was absolute proof he’ll never succeed here.

Time to get rid...

I think his contribution to our performance last night was immense. He was always wanting the ball and instead of going back or to the side he turned and played it forward through the middle to KDB or Silva who now had space to operate in. Made the world of difference as those two didnt need to keep coming back to get the ball and it split the lines and also took 3 Burnley players out of the game.

I agree. He will make the position his own in his own style. He wont be the swashbuckling player Dinho is/was but still as effective at breaking up play with anticipation and starting attacks with his unquestionable passing ability.

Remember when we never thought we'd replace yaya? We always think of like for like, but sometimes something a little different can be just as effective. Take KDB. Not a yaya player but a player who has some of those attributes Yaya had (direct running and passing) and marries them with his own new attributes and the team develops and plays a little differently. I think we'll see that in Rodri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.