Rodri Injury Updates | City say ligament injury (pg117)

What's strange is that there shouldn't be any confusion at this stage about which ligament he's injured.

My guess is it's an ACL injury, but there's a difference of opinion on the severity and necessary treatment/recovery time.

Obviously they want him back as soon as possible (returning in March rather than June could be the difference between winning the league and CL or not), but not at the expense of his long-term fitness.
I've already ruled Rodri out in my head until March/April. He first warned about player burnout & injuries in August 2024, & I'm gutted his fears have materialised for himself.

The players must stand up for themselves, because the governing bodies & most clubs won't. It'll take a major player to stand down from International football at the height of their career, for UEFA, FIFA & National Associations to take notice.

UEFA, FIFA & the PL are reducing squad sizes & the amount of foreign players per squad, whilst on the other hand massively increasing the amount of top flight games the world's best players are expected to play.

Something's gotta give, & it looks like it's Rodri's knee. I'm seriously pissed off with the new format CL, World Club Cup & proposed expansion of the Euros & World Cup, alongside the pointless Nations League too. It's sheer corporate greed at the expense of player safety.

Last edited:
Club hasn't said anything about surgery.
We took the risk on injury management with KDB at the end of the Treble season, only for his hamstring to go during the first PL game of last season.

In hindsight, we'd have been better off operating on him last June & pencilling his return for October/November. I'd rather we do what's best for Rodri in the long-term, rather than a short-term fix & physio, which could risk more serious damage.

you know, i love football

We become lawyers, accountants, surgeons, physios, coaches very fast.
You can also add to that list fully qualified virologists, epidemiologists, war experts and career politicians. Who needs a degree when we have everyone on here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.